Past Experience Booking Through Buy Reservations

You'vegotafriendinme

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the Buffalo Airport many times in the past and thanks to the great information on this board, have found a cheaper rate through Buyreservations.com for an upcoming trip. This site shows a one-night stay with 14 days of parking for $139 (exactly what we need) and the hotel's site is quoting $194.99.

I'm wondering if someone might give me a sense of what their past experiences were dealing with this company. I realize that you need to pay in advance (and that's fine) but just wanted a bit of input before I book.

Thanks in advance for any information - it's appreciated.

Have a great day!:)

I am also very interested in this company's reputation. I did some deep searching and found a few reviews on travel sites buried in hotel or airport transportation reviews. The easiest to find is on Trip Advisor. Just put BuyReservations.com in the search box on the upper right of the home page. They are a fairly new player (a bit over a year) but I have not found a single bad review about them. The Chicago Tribune listed them as an affordable alternative resource to the airport parking lots in an article about holiday airport parking this last Christmas travel season.

I was comfortable enough with what I found to reserve a room at the Marriott Courtyard near O'Hare with 14 nights free parking for $89.99 (about $104 after taxes,etc., were added). You can stay the night before OR the night after your trip. We live in NW Indiana serviced by TriState Limo (which is really a bus) to the airport, as well as the South Shore rail that connects to CTS trains to both O'Hare and Midway, but the first train/pickup in the morning was too late to get to the airport in time for our 6:50 AM flight. The fare for two of us on the bus was the same as the park-stay-fly package. I checked the Marriott Courtyard website directly and they charge quite a bit more if you book the stay-park-fly package directly with the hotel, and only include 7 days parking.

If you have a very early or late flight, be sure to check the information on each hotel listed for the time and frequency of the hotel shuttle. I chose the Marriott Courtyard for the14 days included parking because they will provide taxi vouchers if you need transportation when the shuttle is not running. Also be aware that the hotel may need you to make reservations for a specific shuttle time and if you miss it, you may have to either wait for the next run or take a taxi to the airport at YOUR expense.

Also be aware that Buyreservations.com is NOT open 24-7. Our reservation is for check-in at a time they will be closed. I will confirm directly with the Courtyard Marriott before we leave home so we don't have any surprises when we check in.

Buyreservations.com also provides park-stay-cruise packages near cruise ports including Port Canaveral, Tamp, Miami, and Ft Lauderdale.

Hope this was a little helpful!

Just wanted to thank you for such a thorough and concise response to my query. I'm encouraged by your findings and think that we'll likely go ahead and book through their site.

We're fortunate in that we've stayed at the hotel in question many times in the past and with such a substantial savings - it's certainly worth a try and we'll be certain to post an accounting of our experience once we return from our trip.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond (and to provide such fantastic information) - I truly appreciate it! :thanks:

We used buyreservations for a cross border shopping trip to Buffalo in June. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites , a hotel that we know well. The rate (including parking, which we did not need) was MUCH cheaper than we could get on the Staybridge website.

The hotel had our reservation no problem. We were put in one of the smaller suites, but that wasn't a problem. We noticed that our room was an accessible suite, which we didn't need, but the hotel was busy, so we didn't say anything about the accessible room until check out. Turns out that somehow an accessible room request was noted on our file. Not sure whether that was buyreservations or the hotel's mix up, but it really wasn't a big deal. We'd used them again for sure. The savings just can't be beat.

Thanks wee-haggis and encinc for your input, really appreciate your assistance in this regard. Based on what you've noted and the thoughts of Puget Peach we'll book in the next day or so.
Thanks again and wishing you all a great day!pixiedust:

We have used buyreservations.com in the past as well. You do have to pay in advance however their cancellation policy is great. You have until 4pm the date of arrival to cancel for a full refund if needed.

It's great that the package includes your one night stay, parking and trasnsportation to and from the airport. It's worth a shot especially for the price!

Thanks travelgirls3, glad to hear that you had a good experience in the past. We did book and like the fact that we've paid in advance - and we will be certain to post our experience once we've returned.
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, I really appreciate it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter