Party of 5 - can we get our own table?

Bellezza2

Earning My Ears
We are a party of 5 people (myself, my mom, and my 3 kids 14, 12, and 8). My mom doesn't speak English and only understands a little. I wanted to request a table for the 5 of us and not share with others. Not because I'm anti social ;) but just because I think it wouldn't be fun for my Mom if everyone at the table spoke English every single night for the duration of the dinner. I don't want her to feel left out.

I will be stopping by Guest Services on day one to request our own table. What are the chances that our request is granted?

You can make the request but not guaranteed. On embarkation day you can verify your table assignment and ask to be seated by yourself. It's easier to do it on 2nd seating than first...

You don't have to wait until you're on the ship to make the request. I've always called months ahead to make the request, so far our family of 3 has gotten our own table for 3 cruises.

As PP said, call ASAP to make the request, mentioning the specific reason. We are in a similar situation and have always gotten a private table for 3, except once. That time, we changed our assigned table just after boarding. They called us in the room before it was ready to tell us to go get our new table number.

As others have said, make the request in advance by calling DCL or your travel agent. It is better to have the request in before they make the seating arrangements (which happen before you get onboard). If you wait until you are onboard, they will try to accommodate you, but since all the other guests have already been assigned, what they are able to do may be more limited.

Once you do board, you can check to see what you have been assigned (go to the location in the Navigator for Dining Assignment changes). They can tell you if your request was met and if it wasn't, they will be the ones to try to move you around to get what you need.

Thank you for the suggestion that I should call DCL, just got off the phone with them and they put in the request. They also put in a request for a French menu, something I didn't know they had. That will save me from having to translate every single dish every night! I will go and check as soon as we board to see if the request for the table has been met.

Definitely call in advance, because otherwise you will likely share a table with others.
Our party of 3 sat with a family of 5 once.. parents and 3 kids. We wanted to share though.
I know it's not guaranteed but I'm sure DCL will accommodate you :)

Although you mentioned they put a request for French menus, you may want to add to request a French speaking server too just in case.

What do you mean it's hard with a party of 5? Hard to get a table alone?
Just saying that in general, it's hard to find accommodations for 5. Hotel rooms are ok now while the kids are in the early teens, but as they get older, we're looking at two rooms. Restaurants need larger tables and so on.

We've never had a problem with getting our own table on DCL. Our first cruise we were completely out of our depth and had an awkward table mate family. After that, I've called ahead and requested our own table (not guaranteed of course) and had no problems getting our own table

Just saying that in general, it's hard to find accommodations for 5. Hotel rooms are ok now while the kids are in the early teens, but as they get older, we're looking at two rooms. Restaurants need larger tables and so on.

Yes it has been our dilemma too ever since we had the 3rd kid, lol. We always get 2 rooms and in this case, we got 2 cabins. We like to be able to spread out and the 2 bathrooms are a bonus. This time, we are travelling with my Mom but we are still 5 so we went with 2 cabins. Hopefully they will be able to give us a table alone or we will just have to roll with it. Either way, we will have fun!

Yes it has been our dilemma too ever since we had the 3rd kid, lol. We always get 2 rooms and in this case, we got 2 cabins. We like to be able to spread out and the 2 bathrooms are a bonus. This time, we are travelling with my Mom but we are still 5 so we went with 2 cabins. Hopefully they will be able to give us a table alone or we will just have to roll with it. Either way, we will have fun!

Yeah, the phone call from DW announcing the twins on the second pregnancy...don't remember much. :)

There should be no problem with the table, though. Enjoy your cruise!!

We are a family of 5. I have always had early seating and our own table (via phone request). DCL does all it can to accommodate guest. Not guaranteed, but they will do their best. I have never been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter