Party of 5 - can we get our own table?

Probably should've worded that better.

By "alone" I mean just my party, not myself.
I'd suggest calling again. DCL certainly does take the request for a party to have their own table. Possibly you used the same term "I want to be seated alone" and they misunderstood (as did I).

Just word it "I want the request for my party to have their own table placed on my reservation".

Same thing for our party of 3, we were also seating with family of 5 recently. It worked out perfectly because they had a daughter the same age as ours, which I'm sure played into the assignment.
Our "fit" wasn't so good. We had a 19 year old son, the only "match" I could discern was the other family had a 16 year old son. We were (older) mom & dad with son, they were mom, daughter 12, son 16, and daughter 18 with her son 2.

I think we were the "leftovers" table.

I'd suggest calling again. DCL certainly does take the request for a party to have their own table. Possibly you used the same term "I want to be seated alone" and they misunderstood (as did I).

Just word it "I want the request for my party to have their own table placed on my reservation".

Will do! Thank you!

We've requested and received a table for our party of two on both cruises (early seating).
On our first cruise, there were 4 other couples around us who also had a table for two.

I'm doing the Transatlantic with my 18 year old daughter in Sept, a mum and daughter trip before she goes off to college! I've only cruised as a 4 before, (once shared with another 4, once had our own table), are we likely to be paired with another 2 or a larger group do you think?

We've been seated with just our family on both of our cruises as a party of 4 without requesting it. We haven't been seated with another group since there were just three of us. I noticed on our last cruise there seem to be more smaller tables and fewer large groupings, although they do still exist.

Our upcoming cruise will be our first as a party of 5, so we'll see how it goes.

Do keep in mind that even a "private" table is likely to be maybe 6 inches from another. It is not like a restaurant where there is more space.

Just came back and we did our own table of 5. Yes the tables are somewhat close to each other (especially in Enchanted Garden) but still private. Our favorite was Animator's palate...

We've been on 3 cruises, twice we asked for a private table for our family of 3 and we got it, 1 cruise we asked to be seated with my parents (5 of us total) at a private table and it was granted. We always called ahead and had it added to reservation.

We are a family of 5 and have been on 3 cruises together. We have never requested to be seated at our own table, but we always were. I guess we lucked out.

I did request a table just for DH and I on our last cruise, and it was granted. But the funny thing was we had a table of 4 right next to us in all MDR and because the tables are so close , we became very friendly. It was as if we were at a table of 6. So, even though we were alone, we were not, and that was okay. Fun times!

I will be requesting a solo tabl for DH and I this fall.

We have always asked for a table on our own (family of 4) and been seated alone each time. However, we also have a child with severe allergies so I can’t risk another family at our table eating his allergens!!

We requested and received a private table last cruise for our party of 3. We've requested it again for our upcoming cruise. We always know that it could change, and we've been lucky with wonderful table mates on our first 3 cruises. But there's something relaxing about not having to make small talk and be with just your immediate travel party, so we request it. Plus usually I like to skip the rotation dining at least one night and i always feel bad skipping out when there is another family at the table, I don't know why.

I'm thankful for this thread because I never even knew you could end up seated with another family! When DH and I cruised alone, we were seated with 3 other couples (and it was a blast!), but I kind of expected that. Our family of 4 has never had it happen but I am going to request our own table for October just in case! I'm actually hoping to get one of the cute round booths for the first time ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter