PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a bit of a panic. I emailed my TA this morning as I leave in 10 days and still haven't received my Mickey Mail! :scared1: She replied that when they got my packet it was wrong, wrong number of ticket days mostly. So she spoke to them and confirmed it was all right in the system at least, and asked to be mailed a corrected one. Well, she still hasn't received it! She said if it didn't come today she would mail me the wrong stuff since I can use most of it, and she'd send me the correct one once it arrives. :worried:

I'm in a bit of a panic. I emailed my TA this morning as I leave in 10 days and still haven't received my Mickey Mail! :scared1: She replied that when they got my packet it was wrong, wrong number of ticket days mostly. So she spoke to them and confirmed it was all right in the system at least, and asked to be mailed a corrected one. Well, she still hasn't received it! She said if it didn't come today she would mail me the wrong stuff since I can use most of it, and she'd send me the correct one once it arrives. :worried:

That stinks! I'd have at least liked to have been informed... but this happened to us also. We made a resort change and our MM was already on it's way to us so when we got it, it was wrong. Called Disney and they said they were sending us a new packet but when that arrived we didn't get new revised luggage tags for DME. Called again and they said to use what we received and when we arrive at the airport - just let them know and they'll "make it work"... now, while I love me some Tim Gunn, this wasn't very comforting... Especially since our luggage might end up at our old resort. But what choice did we have? :confused3

We got to MCO and went to the desk and they handed us some slips of paper showing our new home. When we got into our rooms, I made sure to call the luggage desk to make sure our luggage came to the right place. Glad we did as it was already at POR and not CSR... they fixed it right away and got it over to us...

It'll all work out, you may need to double check a few things when you arrive but the bar code on your travel documents on MM will reflect the changes even if they're not printed correctly.

breathe in, breathe out... LOL
;)

gina

That stinks! I'd have at least liked to have been informed... but this happened to us also. We made a resort change and our MM was already on it's way to us so when we got it, it was wrong. Called Disney and they said they were sending us a new packet but when that arrived we didn't get new revised luggage tags for DME. Called again and they said to use what we received and when we arrive at the airport - just let them know and they'll "make it work"... now, while I love me some Tim Gunn, this wasn't very comforting... Especially since our luggage might end up at our old resort. But what choice did we have? :confused3

We got to MCO and went to the desk and they handed us some slips of paper showing our new home. When we got into our rooms, I made sure to call the luggage desk to make sure our luggage came to the right place. Glad we did as it was already at POR and not CSR... they fixed it right away and got it over to us...

It'll all work out, you may need to double check a few things when you arrive but the bar code on your travel documents on MM will reflect the changes even if they're not printed correctly.

breathe in, breathe out... LOL
;)

gina

I mostly wish my TA would have told me about the mix-up earlier, and not only after I emailed her because my MM was late. She did confirm that the things that are wrong in my MM are right in the reservation system, so I should be fine. I will be checking over that MM carefully once I do receive it!

I'll be okay, just needed to vent it out, and now I'm okay! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Ive been a lurker for a very long time, but our upcoming trip has me so beyond excited that Im ready to just dive right into getting involved as a poster on disboards!!!!! DH and I along with our 3 & 5 year old daughters are going with my inlaws for our first time to see Disney during the holidays!! We went all together as a big group in Sept 2010. My inlaws (which includes MIL, FIL, Sis inlaw and other Sis inlaw plus her 4 kids) are staying for 6 days, and my family is staying for 9 days! We have so many great ADR's lined up too! BOG!! as well as the Candlelight Processional and lots of Character Meals! Im a little nervous about it being too cold, but we will be in the happiest place on earth so how bad can it be??!! (unless we are talking Dec 2010 bad - eeekkk!)
So Im just saying :wave2: and excited to share my excitement with you all!!

DH did our early check-in today! I can't believe we leave next week for WDW!! I am so excited! We are driving down half-way next Wednesday and then arriving at POFQ on Thursday! I sure hope that I run into some of you guys while we're at Disney! I'm going to put the Lime Green Mickey on my camera bag. We arrive November 29 and leave December 9.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving! Our 22-year old son will be going to Mississippi with his girlfriend and her family. This will be the first time that we're missing someone! Thank goodness our 19-year old son will be home. The oldest one is working on his Master's at a local University and the 19-year old is at the local Jr. College working on his EMT. I love having both of them home because I know sooner than later, they'll be gone! In fact, we're taking the 19-year old to Texas after the first of the year to finish his training. He'll live with my parents and my brother is a paramedic/firefighter so he'll help Tyler with the rest of this training.

Sorry to go on and on - feeling a little nostalgic at the moment as the holidays and our trip get closer!!

I have a good feeling it will. I think for her to share that much with me about it means its very very close to being 100%. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ok I need some opinions... Does this sound weird... My 17 month old is the worlds worst sleeper. She is a light sleeper and often has night terrors. So we are staying in a 3 bed GV at OKW. Original plan was to have MIL, DD3 and DD1 share a room, DH and I have a room, my mom have a room and SIL & BIL will take pull out couch.

Well for the sake of MIL and DD3's well being I do not think having DD1 share a room with them would be wise... My mom will not give up the master suite so that we could put DD1 in Master bath area, and honestly I would like to not share a room with DD1 - every vacation we've had for the past 3 years meant no down time to watch TV, no quiet place for DH and I to talk, and I am grumpy in the morning. I want to drink my first cup of coffee in silence and not talk to anyone until I've finished it. :)

So there is a laundry room, its like 8x8... Would it be wrong to put the pack n play in there? We will obviously have a baby monitor so we can hear her just like at home... Is this crazy??:crazy2:

Not weird at all. My youngest is also a horrible sleeper, takes forever to fall asleep, wakes up at the slightest sound, and then can't go back to sleep. Sometimes you have to do things just to maintain your sanity. And, I'm sure your whole family will be happier if you get plenty of rest!

I so wanted to order one too....but when I showed them to dh he agreed they were cute....until I told him they were 3" on the bottom layer and 1 " on the top....then told him the price! :eek: he doesn't realize it yet but he's surprising me at CRT with a Chocolate slipper dessert! Isn't he thoughtful? :lmao: it'll be my birthday surprise :)

Brilliant. I should arrange for DH to surprise me for our anniversary...because he would never come up with it on his own!

Ok fellow December trippers... I need some words of wisdom here...

I'm having the hardest time with DBF and his lack of Disney excitement at our impending trip... now understand, I get that I'm totally the more passionate between us and that I'm excitable about pretty much everything that involves us, traveling, us ALONE traveling and basically anything vacation.

Here we are 11 days away, 7 business days, and he has yet to order our tickets from UT. I feel like I'm kinda all alone in planning and even thinking about our trip and it's getting a little frustrating and truthfully, even a little sad.

Do I expect that everyday he'll give me our countdown or some minutia about WDW? No, not at all, but I don't think it's too much to expect that he'd at least talk about it as if he realizes it's right around the corner or even that we're going at all!? :confused3

So last night, I kinda errupted (nicely) and finally said, "what trip? I've come to the conclusion you've been blowing smoke up my a$$ about it the whole time! We're not even going, we don't have park tickets or have even talked about travel day details like what time we're leaving and if we're staying in Austin after all?!" :furious:

His response: "I don't have to think about all that, that's what I have you for... I just booked it - you get to plan it..." :faint:

ugh... so needless to say, I'm so glad to have you all here... at least here, I can be excited about the silliest, smallest and most minute details and someone else will be excited too...

that's all... carry on... :mic:

gina

I sympathize with you. I am Julie the Cruise Director, and don't mind the planning, but would like DH to share at least a little in my enthusiasm!

Ive been a lurker for a very long time, but our upcoming trip has me so beyond excited that Im ready to just dive right into getting involved as a poster on disboards!!!!! DH and I along with our 3 & 5 year old daughters are going with my inlaws for our first time to see Disney during the holidays!! We went all together as a big group in Sept 2010. My inlaws (which includes MIL, FIL, Sis inlaw and other Sis inlaw plus her 4 kids) are staying for 6 days, and my family is staying for 9 days! We have so many great ADR's lined up too! BOG!! as well as the Candlelight Processional and lots of Character Meals! Im a little nervous about it being too cold, but we will be in the happiest place on earth so how bad can it be??!! (unless we are talking Dec 2010 bad - eeekkk!)

Welcome!:)

Welcome to the group! I can't wait for you to see your girls' faces when they see the "lights" for the first time! It's going to be amazing! I have two girls also (10 & 14) and would've loved to experience WDW at Christmas through their eyes at that young of an age. :lovestruc

This Dec. it's only me and DBF but next Christmas we're taking our kids during the holidays too. My daughter turns 15 next September and has requested Disney at Christmas for her 15th bday present rather than a quincenera... might cost me about the same but at least it's a few days of awesome vacation time instead of a one night party! LOL... :thumbsup2

gina

DH did our early check-in today! I can't believe we leave next week for WDW!! I am so excited! We are driving down half-way next Wednesday and then arriving at POFQ on Thursday! I sure hope that I run into some of you guys while we're at Disney! I'm going to put the Lime Green Mickey on my camera bag. We arrive November 29 and leave December 9.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving! Our 22-year old son will be going to Mississippi with his girlfriend and her family. This will be the first time that we're missing someone! Thank goodness our 19-year old son will be home. The oldest one is working on his Master's at a local University and the 19-year old is at the local Jr. College working on his EMT. I love having both of them home because I know sooner than later, they'll be gone! In fact, we're taking the 19-year old to Texas after the first of the year to finish his training. He'll live with my parents and my brother is a paramedic/firefighter so he'll help Tyler with the rest of this training.

Sorry to go on and on - feeling a little nostalgic at the moment as the holidays and our trip get closer!!

Hope you have a blast! We will be at POFQ later.

And we are leaving Mississippi to go to Alabama for Thanksgiving :) Since my mom got sick we havent been home for the holidays at all, b/c I didnt have any one to help care for her (my parents are divorced and we stay with my dad, her with her sister but she's elderly and cant handle it anymore). So my mom is in the NH now and while I feel guilty for leaving her, its also going to be nice to see my grandma again, I havent seen her in over a year.

I'm still here, just not posting as much as I'd like to. We leave next week (already?!) and I've been trying to get the house cleaned up before we go besides packing. I have also had to do a lot of running around for things as well, so I haven't been able to post much.

Don't have to worry about turkey day this year. My mom is hosting since we have been without an oven for 3+ months. Just got a used one 2 days ago from a local company that sells used appliances as well as back them up with a 100% guarantee. The're business is all about recycling and they make sure everything works right before selling it. We have either 60 or 90 day (can't remember which) warranty meaning if something doesn't work right or even if we decide we didn't want it we can return it for a full refund.

Anyway, I have some things I need to do around the house before DS gets home from school. I'm hoping to pop in this evening if I can. Although by then there will probably be at least 10+ pages to catch up on!

Can I just say how much I love your house stories? We bought a house a few months ago and we've had to replace every door lock and a bunch of other little things, plus painting etc. But whenever I read your stories, it doesn't seem overwhelming anymore. You are a true trooper.

Ok fellow December trippers... I need some words of wisdom here...

I'm having the hardest time with DBF and his lack of Disney excitement at our impending trip... now understand, I get that I'm totally the more passionate between us and that I'm excitable about pretty much everything that involves us, traveling, us ALONE traveling and basically anything vacation.

Here we are 11 days away, 7 business days, and he has yet to order our tickets from UT. I feel like I'm kinda all alone in planning and even thinking about our trip and it's getting a little frustrating and truthfully, even a little sad.

Do I expect that everyday he'll give me our countdown or some minutia about WDW? No, not at all, but I don't think it's too much to expect that he'd at least talk about it as if he realizes it's right around the corner or even that we're going at all!? :confused3

So last night, I kinda errupted (nicely) and finally said, "what trip? I've come to the conclusion you've been blowing smoke up my a$$ about it the whole time! We're not even going, we don't have park tickets or have even talked about travel day details like what time we're leaving and if we're staying in Austin after all?!" :furious:

His response: "I don't have to think about all that, that's what I have you for... I just booked it - you get to plan it..." :faint:

ugh... so needless to say, I'm so glad to have you all here... at least here, I can be excited about the silliest, smallest and most minute details and someone else will be excited too...

that's all... carry on... :mic:

gina

Yeah, that happens a lot here too. I expected it from DH who just doesn't plan, like anything, ever. But my mom's going with us and loves Disney and I thought she'd be all into it. Turns out she had some anxiety about being able to keep up (we're getting her a scooter and now it's all ordered she's better). Basically, if I even asked one question about it every other day, as in "would you prefer this type of food or that" they'd go on and on about how I talk about Disney too much. So I stopped asking them and planned what I wanted. Maybe just order the tickets and hand him a receipt to reimburse you? Then put him in charge of something like procuring the beer and champagne or getting the ipod filled with music. IME if it doesn't interest a guy, he just isn't gonna do it. I did marry a redhead though. :-)

Holy cow, I can't keep up. Does anyone have the link to the page that describes the must try snacks or desserts while at WDW???

I can't find it on the 2 post.

Thanks

Gina

we got our Mickey Mail!!!! :cool1:
mickeymail.jpg
[/IMG]

PrincessAurora27 said:
Just remember to eat dinner. You will need your energy. When the ex and I married we ended up ordering a pizza later that night (at like 11) because we had like 2 bites of the dinner we worked so hard to pick out. :rotfl:

DH's office had sent a basket to our hotel room - cheese and crackers and the like. We devoured it. ;-)

SAT887 said:
So there is a laundry room, its like 8x8... Would it be wrong to put the pack n play in there? We will obviously have a baby monitor so we can hear her just like at home... Is this crazy??:crazy2:

Sounds perfect to me.

Seriously, my DS10 has similar issues. We have a 1BDR suite. Right now it's DH and I in the bed, DSis on the sofabed and DS in an air bed next to ours. If he falls asleep before we go in the bedroom and stays asleep, we're good. But if he doesn't, we're in trouble. So we have seriously investigated the size of the bathroom. Fortunately the tub and vanities are separate from toilet.. So we could put him in there, and close all the doors. He still might not sleep but at least we will ge enough sleep to deal with it.

I have a good feeling it will. I think for her to share that much with me about it means its very very close to being 100%. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ok I need some opinions... Does this sound weird... My 17 month old is the worlds worst sleeper. She is a light sleeper and often has night terrors. So we are staying in a 3 bed GV at OKW. Original plan was to have MIL, DD3 and DD1 share a room, DH and I have a room, my mom have a room and SIL & BIL will take pull out couch.

Well for the sake of MIL and DD3's well being I do not think having DD1 share a room with them would be wise... My mom will not give up the master suite so that we could put DD1 in Master bath area, and honestly I would like to not share a room with DD1 - every vacation we've had for the past 3 years meant no down time to watch TV, no quiet place for DH and I to talk, and I am grumpy in the morning. I want to drink my first cup of coffee in silence and not talk to anyone until I've finished it. :)

We put DD in the laundry room at OKW before.... I think it's fine. :goodvibes

SAT887 said:

I think your mom is being selfish and should give up the master suite.

I took today off for a doctor's appointment, dentist appointment and to run errands. Exhausting and expensive but I got everything I needed for the trip (toiletries and the like) and finished stocking stuffers (for Christmas not Disney). Now I shouldn't need to set foot in a brick and mortar store until January.

If you're looking for a tree for the room -Target has some nice 2' tinsel trees. They're wrapped up tight and lightweight but they're nice and full when you fluff them. I bought a red one and its already wrapped in my carryon for the in-laws room. (I'm ordering a 3' tree from Amazon for our room.)

Target 2' Trees by tltorrez, on Flickr

They also had lots of mini tree accessories - ornaments, toppers, garland, battery operated lights and skirts. So I got a red tree, green lights, green skirt, gold topper and garland. Then for the other tree I bought a red skirt, topper and garland.

Target Tabletop Trees by tltorrez, on Flickr

Im happy to have that done. Though now that both trees grew by a foot, I'm worried I don't have enough ornaments. So I'll be making more just in case.

Morning peeps! My kids are out of school all this week, so I'm working from home today, hubby tomorrow and wed we leave for Thanksgiving at my dads.

Today my oldest gave up a day of vacation to go volunteer at a family homeless shelter with her church youth group. Its her first time to go to a place like this, before she moved it to Junior High the mission projects for the younger kids usually involve packing and sorting stuff for other groups, so this is her first "hands on" experience. They are packing lunches to distribute to homeless kids, and helping out around the shelter. I imagine her little world will be rocked, but I'm very thankful she has a heart of service already.

My youngest DD is painting thanksgiving pictures, and I'm TRYING to work, but failing!

A friend of mine left from here yesterday for WDW, their first time, and she's been sending me pictures of their adventures - Im SO JEALOUS! I feel like this is my trip too bc I helped her plan. They are having a blast already today (followed advice and went early!). I picked up some Disney handwarmers at target, too cute!

I love that! It is so important to volunteer - a) because there are people that need you and b) it teaches you so much about selflessness and being strong so that you can help others.

When we moved here, I found out I couldn't donate blood (the whole mad cow malarkey .... yes, I can be a mad cow but I don't think my blood is all that bad :p ) so I volunteered instead. I'm the one that gives you cookies and keeps an eye on you just incase I have to catch you if you decide to pass out :eek: Anyway, I've taken DD with me since she was 5 so that she could see others do a selfless act in donating and she helps me run the canteen, I just hope that she learns from it and carries on volunteering as an adult when I'm not there to make her.

Major kudos to your girl :goodvibes

Anybody want to help me get acquainted with Evernote? I'm not grasping its greatness.

PS. Kenny the Pirate has up storyteller hours for Epcot for this week. Think they will change much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter