PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey levenhopper, just thought I would give you an update... popcorn:: remember my friends I posted about way back on probably part two of this thread who were going this week and and only had 1 TS reservation?? Well I helped her out got them a few more TS ressies including a Hoop Dee Do, Mama Melrose Fantasmic package, and a Garden Grill CP - package. Pretty good considering we started in October.

Anyway, they landed yesterday and were checked in by noon and headed to MK. Well I told her to take advantage of PM EMH because they are night owls and I knew this would be best for them (their kids are 13 & 11). Well she text me today to let me know they were a little off schedule heading to Epcot because they stayed at MK til 3AM!!!:scared1: But they were able to ride most everything without wait.:worship: But she said we slept til NOON!!:rotfl: I told her not to worry about it and make the most of it again!! Then this is the part that got me :confused: she text asking me where to eat... did I mention we made her note cards for everyday of her trip including suggestions on where to eat in each park. UGH!! LOL!!

I am glad things are off to a good start!:thumbsup2

summerw said:
Not at all crazy. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe put up a few cute decorations and play a few games in there with her so she thinks it's a fun place. One time we went to the beach with a bunch of my brother's friends. My sister and I shared the back window (like where the speakers are... this was before seat belt laws). We still laugh about how fun it was. And I know the pain of a bad sleeper. You definitely gotta do what you gotta do with that.

That's a great idea!! Thanks :) I feel better guys! :grouphug:

I'm still here, just not posting as much as I'd like to. We leave next week (already?!) and I've been trying to get the house cleaned up before we go besides packing. I have also had to do a lot of running around for things as well, so I haven't been able to post much.

Don't have to worry about turkey day this year. My mom is hosting since we have been without an oven for 3+ months. Just got a used one 2 days ago from a local company that sells used appliances as well as back them up with a 100% guarantee. The're business is all about recycling and they make sure everything works right before selling it. We have either 60 or 90 day (can't remember which) warranty meaning if something doesn't work right or even if we decide we didn't want it we can return it for a full refund.

Anyway, I have some things I need to do around the house before DS gets home from school. I'm hoping to pop in this evening if I can. Although by then there will probably be at least 10+ pages to catch up on!

PrincessAurora27 said:
. He decided 5 months later he was tired of being on a ventilator.

My dad is the one who took my son to WDW, he's the one who from the time I was little, showed me how to enjoy the rides at Dorney Park. It was his love of the thrill ride (and being a Daddy's girl) that lead to my roller coaster love. I never got to go to WDW with Dad.

:hug:

I didn't mean to make this about me.. I'm so happy for you!

I so want to upgrade my phone to the iPhone 5. I have an iPhone 4 now. I'm eligible for the upgrade, money is the issue at the moment. I'm going to try to hold out until after the new year.

What is the cancellation period on BBB? I'd say hold out as long as you can in case she decides to change her mind.

Hugs to you. My dad was the Disney lover too. I still have his Disney shirts although towards the end of his life he was very thin and wore a small..... They don't fit me very well but I won't ever get rid of them!

I lovely iPhone 4S and don't think I will ever want the 5. I used google maps all the time!

DisneyDreamerMN said:
Well I am sick. I have been denying it all day yesterday and today but I need to come to terms with this cold/whater it is. Better that I got it this weekend rather than next weekend as the days are getting closer to my trip. I bought some meds, orange juice and vitamin C drops to hopefully get this over with as soon as possible. I always manage to get really sick around Christmas, but it looks like it is happening during Thanksgiving this year. Just two days of work this week, which is nice.

Try Airborne too. I think it's just glorified Vit C but it's mega!

SAT887 said:
So I finally called and ordered a mini fondant cake for my date night at California Grill!! I was going to email pictures and what not - however I decided to just wing it and told them my theme. :) I figured I want a surprise too :teeth:

I so wanted to order one too....but when I showed them to dh he agreed they were cute....until I told him they were 3" on the bottom layer and 1 " on the top....then told him the price! :eek: he doesn't realize it yet but he's surprising me at CRT with a Chocolate slipper dessert! Isn't he thoughtful? :lmao: it'll be my birthday surprise :)

surfergirl602 said:
I've been posting updates about this on our little facebook group, but I realized not everyone is in there.

I just wanted to invite you all to come and celebrate with us!

On December 7th, probably around 3pm-ish, my husband will be surprising our four kids at the Art of Animation resort straight from Afghanistan.

He's been gone a year, and they have NO IDEA he'll be coming home, and no idea they are going to disney.

We've been working in tandem with AoA, photopass, WDW celebrations, and various other amazing people to make this happen, so the more the merrier.

So... if you are around AoA on December 7th, feel free to stick around and watch some magic happen!

(I do need some people to hold a sign, so if you'd like to help, just let me know! My kids will be wearing some tell-tale shirts. Can't miss 'em!)

See you there!!!

I remember this from the FB group. I wish we were flying in a few days earlier to help with the surprise....but I'm sure my mascara wouldn't be able to handle it! :cry:

PrincessAurora27 said:
Yay! I can't wait to see what they do for you. Please post pics!

We overlap too. We're coming in the 10th and leaving the 17th.

I'm not overly interested in FLE either except to see the "architecture". I know we won't go to Belle's Enchanted Tales. I am though looking forward to when the Seven Dwarves Mine Train opens in 2014..

21 days today. Exactly 3 weeks. :dance3: 13 days of work. :yay:

I packed a few more things today, made the reservation for the car service to pick us up, and restocked my toiletry bag. I think I'll finish our mini M&M tube labels tonight. I got the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2013 the other day. It's HUGE!

I'm stressed we won't get our king size bed request. I know in the grand scheme it's a small thing to stress over, but I really don't want to try to sleep in a queen. :worried:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

At POR a king bed is a room category. I paid $25 more a night for it! I was just thinking I should have kept the queens and spent the $$& elsewhere.....but dh pointed out that's the the one bed will give us more floor space in our room'

Tltorrez said:
Finally got my Pixie Dust cards printed. These will be the cards that show up with the presents under the tree each day. I have it arranged so two or three people get a present each day. It comes out to about 6 or 7 presents each. Of course, the days are different depending on Plan A or B so I actually have two sets of cards. But this is what they look like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8198761540/
12 Days Cards (9-12) by tltorrez, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8197669445/
12 Days Cards (5-8) by tltorrez, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltorrez/8197669249/
12 Days Cards (9-12) by tltorrez, on Flickr

Now I just have to wrap all the presents.

Nice job!!!

Ok fellow December trippers... I need some words of wisdom here...

I'm having the hardest time with DBF and his lack of Disney excitement at our impending trip... now understand, I get that I'm totally the more passionate between us and that I'm excitable about pretty much everything that involves us, traveling, us ALONE traveling and basically anything vacation.

Here we are 11 days away, 7 business days, and he has yet to order our tickets from UT. I feel like I'm kinda all alone in planning and even thinking about our trip and it's getting a little frustrating and truthfully, even a little sad.

Do I expect that everyday he'll give me our countdown or some minutia about WDW? No, not at all, but I don't think it's too much to expect that he'd at least talk about it as if he realizes it's right around the corner or even that we're going at all!? :confused3

So last night, I kinda errupted (nicely) and finally said, "what trip? I've come to the conclusion you've been blowing smoke up my a$$ about it the whole time! We're not even going, we don't have park tickets or have even talked about travel day details like what time we're leaving and if we're staying in Austin after all?!" :furious:

His response: "I don't have to think about all that, that's what I have you for... I just booked it - you get to plan it..." :faint:

ugh... so needless to say, I'm so glad to have you all here... at least here, I can be excited about the silliest, smallest and most minute details and someone else will be excited too...

that's all... carry on... :mic:

gina

Hahaha so true! DD3 sleeps like a log- I was so spoiled by her!! The only thing would be that laundry would need to be done during the day- we would also put her in our room for her mid day nap. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being ridiculous.... I have issues- my mom ehh not exactly there in the parent dept so I am always questioning myself because I'm insecure about making my kids feel how I felt growing up... Which in the end makes me :crazy:

:teeth:

I did everything I could for my son so he didn't feel the way I did growing up, he's 16 now, lives with the ex and won't talk to me. Hasn't for almost 18 months. So maybe I'm not the best person to be giving pareting advice. Obviously I did something wrong somewhere. :confused3

Enough about me..

How's everyone's day?

I'm having the hardest time with DBF and his lack of Disney excitement at our impending trip... now understand, I get that I'm totally the more passionate between us and that I'm excitable about pretty much everything that involves us, traveling, us ALONE traveling and basically anything vacation.

Here we are 11 days away, 7 business days, and he has yet to order our tickets from UT. I feel like I'm kinda all alone in planning and even thinking about our trip and it's getting a little frustrating and truthfully, even a little sad.

Do I expect that everyday he'll give me our countdown or some minutia about WDW? No, not at all, but I don't think it's too much to expect that he'd at least talk about it as if he realizes it's right around the corner or even that we're going at all!? :confused3

So last night, I kinda errupted (nicely) and finally said, "what trip? I've come to the conclusion you've been blowing smoke up my a$$ about it the whole time! We're not even going, we don't have park tickets or have even talked about travel day details like what time we're leaving and if we're staying in Austin after all?!" :furious:

His response: "I don't have to think about all that, that's what I have you for... I just booked it - you get to plan it..." :faint:

ugh... so needless to say, I'm so glad to have you all here... at least here, I can be excited about the silliest, smallest and most minute details and someone else will be excited too...

gina

Has he been before?

My fiance wasn't exactly as Disney crazy as I was before our first trip together, she hadn't been since she was very young. We've been twice together now and we're about to honeymoon there!

She isn't NEARLY as interested as I am, but sometimes you just have to accept that no matter how much you want him to feel just like you do, it isn't going to happen.

Take charge of the planning! For me, that's half the fun.

And if you need someone to join in on the silliness of finding every little meal amazing and booking at 7am 180 days before you're eating it, then by all means, come hang out here. :thumbsup2

Also, thought I'd share a little thing that made my day..

A friend from the west coast just informed me that she purchased part of our wedding gift...at Disneyland, no less.

Mr. and Mrs. bride and groom mickey ear hats!

Officially geeking out.

:cool1:

Has he been before?

She isn't NEARLY as interested as I am, but sometimes you just have to accept that no matter how much you want him to feel just like you do, it isn't going to happen.

Take charge of the planning! For me, that's half the fun.

And if you need someone to join in on the silliness of finding every little meal amazing and booking at 7am 180 days before you're eating it, then by all means, come hang out here. :thumbsup2

Actually, yes, he loves Disney and we just came back in June from our first semi-blended family vacation. And before we went together, he'd been there at least 3-4 times in the last 7 years... so it's not like he doesn't know what to expect or what's waiting for him...

I'm about as planned out as I can get - I'd just like a little buy in from him too. I mean, this is OUR anniversary gift (from him to me) and at Christmas time too so I mean, it's just gonna be awesome, no doubt about it.

I think I just believed that he'd be a little more vocal. I mean, who knows? He could be totally ramped up on the inside but living life right now - it's kinda on the back burner? either way... just needed to vent and now it's all better...

:thumbsup2

You are so not alone. My DH knows that I am the planner when it comes to vacation. On one hand, I would like it if he got a little more into it, but on the other hand, it's nice having free reign!

And yes, thank goodness for the Dis.

Actually, yes, he loves Disney and we just came back in June from our first semi-blended family vacation. And before we went together, he'd been there at least 3-4 times in the last 7 years... so it's not like he doesn't know what to expect or what's waiting for him...

I'm about as planned out as I can get - I'd just like a little buy in from him too. I mean, this is OUR anniversary gift (from him to me) and at Christmas time too so I mean, it's just gonna be awesome, no doubt about it.

I think I just believed that he'd be a little more vocal. I mean, who knows? He could be totally ramped up on the inside but living life right now - it's kinda on the back burner? either way... just needed to vent and now it's all better...

:thumbsup2

Oh, well..

Glad we could help!

:rotfl:

Where are they staying this time?

POP Century

Try Airborne too. I think it's just glorified Vit C but it's mega!

It's a very high dosage of Vitamin C (1334% DV) along with several minerals, herbs and other vitamins (Zinc, Echinacea, and more). I use it quite a bit since I have horrible sinus issues.

gina

Men!!! I think most of them are like that! My friend (who I still don't know if he is coming or not) and I were talking about planning and I asked if he had any requests if he does find he can come, and he said no, I could do all the planning and he would do whatever I picked. Not that he wouldn't complain about not liking something if he does come :rolleyes2

At POR a king bed is a room category. I paid $25 more a night for it! I was just thinking I should have kept the queens and spent the $$& elsewhere.....but dh pointed out that's the the one bed will give us more floor space in our room'

It wasn't a room category at BWI, if it was we probably would have happily paid an extra $25/night.

gina

I feel like I've been boring DBF myself. Every night I go home and ask him something or how he feels about this plan for our trip. He just doesn't seem as interested. I know he's excited but much like the rest of life he doesn't show it much. Sometimes I just feel like it's not that important to him. :hug:

ETA - He said he was happy I took over the planning. Every other vacation he's ever done with an ex-gf he was in charge of it all. But I just wish he was a little more into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter