Parley....Will That Get Me On The Ship Any Faster part 2

Just a few questions and thoughts on the MNSSHP....

We don't arrive into Orlando airport on Friday till 3:20 and none of us except DS(14) have been to the park. My questions are:

How far from the airport is Disney World?
Would it be worth the effort to get us to the park?
Would it be cheaper to rent a car or take a taxi?
Would this be something you would recommend?

Thank you for any help or insight you might have :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Once you claim your bags and wait in line for a taxi, it'll be about an hour+ by the time you get to WDW. Unless you're staying on property, I don't know that it would be worth the extra time, effort, and money to try and make it to the parks for a few hours. Then again, if you're WDW freaks like my family, you'd go with whatever little opportunity you get!

I'd definitely take a cab over renting a car. Less hassle. Where will you be staying that night? What are you going to do with your luggage if you try to go to the parks right away?

Been trying to book dinner at Palo's on line do they cut off reservations online at a certain point. How fast do the remaining reservations go when we board on saturday?

WDW ’79, ’80, ’83, ’87 Honeymoon on the “Big Red Boat” 4 day cruise & 3 days at WDW, ’89 CBR, ’90 PO, ’92 DL ’94 WL, ’96 DL, ’99 DL, ’00 OKW, ’01 DL, ’01 GF ‘02 VWL, ’03 DCL Western Magic & CS, ’04 OKW, ’06 Poly (hated this hotel)
’08 BWV, ’09 BWV & DCL Western Magic, ’11 AKL & DCL Magic Eastern
DVC Members since ‘00

They do cut off on-line reservations to make sure that some are available to book on board. They always seem to have dinner reservations available. In fact, they have called us in our stateroom on a number of occasions inviting us back. High Tea does book up and sometimes brunch does, too. Head to Rockin' Bar D and put in your requests (just be sure you're in line behind me! ;) ).

CRUISE QUESTION

anyone be interested in doing this on St Maarten?
http://www.bernardstours.com/

They've received good reviews here on the dis.

Jeff and I have this booked. We would be so happy to have other parleyers to party with. (our clothes will be remaining on our bodies though)

We have been considering this cruise - it is the $40 per person that is putting us off though (don't mind paying it for adults but for kids it's a bit steep). We definitely want to see some of the island but were told we wouldn't have any problem getting a taxi at the port and negotiating a rate with the driver for taking a tour that way. However, if there is any way of negotiating a lower rate with Bernards if there are a group of us, I'd be up for that. There are 8 of us (5 adults, 3 kids aged 8-13).

Attention all cruisers and cruisettes

It's time for the weekly countdown. I hope you all are ready for this because we only have...

pumpkin3.gif

More FRIDAYS left before we are on our Disney Cruise Vacation.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Woop! Woop! That means only 2 more Fridays till we fly - love that :cool1:

Once you claim your bags and wait in line for a taxi, it'll be about an hour+ by the time you get to WDW. Unless you're staying on property, I don't know that it would be worth the extra time, effort, and money to try and make it to the parks for a few hours. Then again, if you're WDW freaks like my family, you'd go with whatever little opportunity you get!

I'd definitely take a cab over renting a car. Less hassle. Where will you be staying that night? What are you going to do with your luggage if you try to go to the parks right away?

We are staying at the Hyatt in the airport??? We would have to bring luggage to the room and then try and catch a taxi....

They do cut off on-line reservations to make sure that some are available to book on board. They always seem to have dinner reservations available. In fact, they have called us in our stateroom on a number of occasions inviting us back. High Tea does book up and sometimes brunch does, too. Head to Rockin' Bar D and put in your requests (just be sure you're in line behind me! ;) ).

Glad someone pointed that out...I was going to earlier but forgot.

They save about half of the reservations for Palo to be booked onboard. This allows first-time cruisers to enjoy the experience. Otherwise all the Plat/Gold/Silver members would book it up early.

Important to know: Rockin' Bar D doesn't open until 12:00 and stays open until 3:30 for:
- Dining changes (time or rotation)
- Palo reservations (Dinner, brunch or tea)
- Spa reservations (The at-sea days fill up fast!)

Our last cruise we did a back to back, so along with 3 other families, we were the first ones onboard by a long shot... I made sure I was in Rockin' Bar D at 10:00 and sat until they showed up at noon. There was stuff available for anything we wanted, so I think they save some blocks of reservations for all of the activities.

Couple of FE notes:

Because we were late, we are not 'officially' on the FE list, however many have PM'd us for our info so they could pay our room a visit. :love:

First, apparently we won't know our room assignment until a week prior to the cruse.
That means probably the 14th or 15th. If you will already be on the road, don't sweat it... we will be at the first meet onboard so we can give it to you then.
I will post our room assignment as soon as we get it. (I check it like 20 times a day online...sad I know :eek: )

Second: Here are the 'screen names' I have as participating:
oienfam5, farnmor, RobbW, dennisbryce, goofygirl27, melissa99, scorp111, lewiskids04 x 2, firebug83 and katz13 (our official time keeper!)

If you are not in that list, please PM me and let me know your info so I can be sure to have enough age appropriate stuff for everyone.

Thanks!

So my DD Cassie just booked today and will be joining us:thumbsup2 It was a solution to our dilemma with the teenagers being on there own on a different floor. So she got the time off work and will be our glorified babysitter! So Becky could you add her to the list of characters please:banana:

YEAH!! welcome to her!! anyone who's named Cassie has to be a sweetheart.:cutie:
(thats our daughters name.:cutie:)

its been a busy few days around here..my younger brother just got back from 6 months in Afganland so we all greeted him at the airport..we were all there (cleveland airport) wednesday nite, then he got delayed and missed a connecting flight...so we all had to go back up there yesterday for the "welcome Home" party!:thumbsup2
Good to have him back in the USA! (for good)

We haven't seen it either.

i was reading back and saw that quite a few havnt seen it..hmm, i supposed not everyones seen "Its a Wonderful Life" either.popcorn::

movie time on deck 10 i guess. right after the ladies pillowfight competition.:cloud9:

its been a busy few days around here..my younger brother just got back from 6 months in Afganland so we all greeted him at the airport..we were all there (cleveland airport) wednesday nite, then he got delayed and missed a connecting flight...so we all had to go back up there yesterday for the "welcome Home" party!:thumbsup2
Good to have him back in the USA! (for good)

I was reading some posts today of guests who were unhappy with their cruise (they just got off the Magic) so it got me to thinking of all of the best things that have happened on vacations and peoples expectations. All of the best memories we have from our Disney vacations were unplanned special moments with those that we love most in the world. The boys running around in water worms at Downtown Disney or looking at bugs they didn't see at home if we stopped at a rest stop on drives down to Disney. Dancing in the street before a parade. It was most important that we were together.

Tell your brother Thank You! We are glad your family has your brother home safe.

I was reading some posts today of guests who were unhappy with their cruise (they just got off the Magic) so it got me to thinking of all of the best things that have happened on vacations and peoples expectations. All of the best memories we have from our Disney vacations were unplanned special moments with those that we love most in the world. The boys running around in water worms at Downtown Disney or looking at bugs they didn't see at home if we stopped at a rest stop on drives down to Disney. Dancing in the street before a parade. It was most important that we were together.

Tell your brother Thank You! We are glad your family has your brother home safe.

You know the PC cruise we were on in 08 had it's moments with teens but it wasn't the cruise itself that made it great, it was the people we spent time with. That's with all the cruises we have been on, the people not the cruise or the destinations.

Thanks all for answering my palo question!

WDW ’79, ’80, ’83, ’87 Honeymoon on the “Big Red Boat” 4 day cruise & 3 days at WDW, ’89 CBR, ’90 PO, ’92 DL ’94 WL, ’96 DL, ’99 DL, ’00 OKW, ’01 DL, ’01 GF ‘02 VWL, ’03 DCL Western Magic & CS, ’04 OKW, ’06 Poly (hated this hotel)
’08 BWV, ’09 BWV & DCL Western Magic, ’11 AKL & DCL Magic Eastern
DVC Members since ‘00

Agree! unplanned events make some of the best memories!:grouphug:
well, except for the unplanned nightmare events at Rockn Bar D.:headache:;)

i was reading back and saw that quite a few havnt seen it..hmm, i supposed not everyones seen "Its a Wonderful Life" either.popcorn::

movie time on deck 10 i guess. right after the ladies pillowfight competition.:cloud9:

We watch that movie every Christmas Eve after Church. I usually never make it until the end.

I have to work tomorrow so I'm going to see if I can time what time the Magic arrives at port (I have to get up at 5 so I hope to watch it sail in while I make my coffee!)

Nobody's said Frau Bucher yet. (cue the whinney)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter