Park Hours

They just posted the times through sept.. and AK still closes at 6pm.. how is the tree gonna light up for the 50th is they close at 6pm.. I really hope all parks close around 9pm or later.

I really want to see Pandora at night...but I also don't think the posted hours are the real hours until I'm actually there.

Don’t give up hope! I get updates on park hours through my Touring Plans subscription and the closing times in the parks have been extended several times for our late August trip. I just got a notice today that DHS was closing at 9:00 instead of 8:00.

I don’t get why the AK hours can’t shift from 8am to 6pm to 9am to 7pm. Just shift it an hour. By the fall 7am would be darker. It’s ridiculous that we can’t see Pandora or the tree at night.

Don’t give up hope! I get updates on park hours through my Touring Plans subscription and the closing times in the parks have been extended several times for our late August trip. I just got a notice today that DHS was closing at 9:00 instead of 8:00.
Interesting! I wonder why HS was extended to a 9pm closing for August but it still closes at 8pm in July?

Why does Disney bother posting hours that we know aren't true. 😖 No way MK, EP, & HS closes at 9 on Oct 1, unless it is for extended hours....

some august hours updated starting 8/1. mk closing at 10 for some days (HEA showing at 845 for days they close at 9), epcot closing at 10 some days (days where it closes at 9 epcot forever is listed at 9 now). also some AK hours extended to 7pm

updates via blog mickey

Magic Kingdom

• August 2-7: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • August 13: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • August 14: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm (previously 9am to 6pm)

EPCOT

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 10am to 10pm (previously 11am to 10pm)
  • September 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm (previously 11am to 9pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 8am to 7pm)

On the one hand I'm glad for the earlier morning time at MK, can get more done early before the heat goes up and might spread out the morning crowds some. But, have an even earlier morning wake up call!

But that might also weed out the not so committed people rope dropping.
My granddaughter is probably going to be up at dark thirty anyway bc she is so excited, first trip to Disney. Super excited for the later AK schedule,I think that will be my granddaughters favorite park, would give us time to ride Safari morning and evening.

So what would be the first Disney bus with the 8 am MK schedule? Still 630? Be at the stop 6:15 to make rope drop?

We'll see what happens, but my Sept trip I was planning to go to AK but was really surprised to see that they'll be closing at 7PM. I really hope things will change because I want to see Pandora at night.

Does anybody know why such an early closing at MK on 8/14? I have a friend making her first trip that weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!