Pandora to open May 27th, 2017

Any idea when Fastpasses will be announced for the first week? I'm just curious since we are coming up to the 60 day window.

WDWNT is reporting that Animal Kingdom will have evening EMH's every night from May 27 - July 4. If that is true, they are really going all out to market this new addition and want as many people as possible to see it.

WDWNT is reporting that Animal Kingdom will have evening EMH's every night from May 27 - July 4. If that is true, they are really going all out to market this new addition and want as many people as possible to see it.

To my knowledge, I don't think AK has ever had evening EMH. May 29th still only shows morning EMH, but we will see if this is true eventually.

To my knowledge, I don't think AK has ever had evening EMH. May 29th still only shows morning EMH, but we will see if this is true eventually.
Actually I believe they did very very early on. When AK first opened they didn't always close at 5PM like we are so used to. When Everest opened even there were often times when AK was open late.

Actually I believe they did very very early on. When AK first opened they didn't always close at 5PM like we are so used to. When Everest opened even there were often times when AK was open late.

I can't see them not having some form of evening EMH with Pandora.

Well I for one would love more than a night in AK like I have planned (ETA: I've got a morning/half day planned as well so one full day at AK planned). I've got hoppers so yeah I can hop on over to AK if I want to some other night than planned but with Evening EMH that would be much easier. For me personally it doesn't even need to have too many things open (though that might spread out resort guests a bit) but would be nice to have more opportunities to explore AK after nighttime (as I'm used to the 5-6pm close time like it was last time I went in 2011). So here's hoping they do have Evening EMH beyond the time already mentioned.

I'm REALLY hoping for AK Evening EMH when I am there in August. I am there for 14 nights and would love lots of time to wander around in the evenings.

A month and a half of exclusive hours for resort guests to the brand new, 500 million dollar land? If true something tells me that a) Disney is desperate for Pandora to be successful and b) resort bookings are soft.

A month and a half of exclusive hours for resort guests to the brand new, 500 million dollar land? If true something tells me that a) Disney is desperate for Pandora to be successful and b) resort bookings are soft.
A. Try more like $700+ million land B. It's a rumor C. Resort bookings aren't soft but attendance to WDW overall is down

or C. gotta try and meet demand for a new land in DAK

or C. gotta try and meet demand for a new land in DAK

Are we sure there is demand? The level of advertising for this combined with this rumor shows Disney is nervous. How can they not be. A project that is 40% over budget based on a movie that is now 8 years old. Promised sequels have not materialized and have been delayed again. Disney has been chipping away at EMH for awhile now. If Disney was truly confident that there would be demand you'd be seeing rumors of a paid after hours event in Pandora. Not rumors of 6 weeks of EMH for resort guests.

Are we sure there is demand? The level of advertising for this combined with this rumor shows Disney is nervous. How can they not be. A project that is 40% over budget based on a movie that is now 8 years old. Promised sequels have not materialized and have been delayed again. Disney has been chipping away at EMH for awhile now. If Disney was truly confident that there would be demand you'd be seeing rumors of a paid after hours event in Pandora. Not rumors of 6 weeks of EMH for resort guests.

I'm sorry but why in the world would it matter? Of course they want it to be popular. So they advertise for it. I swear people on this board read way too much into things.

I'm sorry but why in the world would it matter? Of course they want it to be popular. So they advertise for it. I swear people on this board read way too much into things.

Why does it matter? Ask Universal why it matters to have built up demand and anticipation. The rumor just does not fit into Disney's MO. So if true it can be very telling about Disney's state of mind as a company.

Why does it matter? Ask Universal why it matters to have built up demand and anticipation. The rumor just does not fit into Disney's MO. So if true it can be very telling about Disney's state of mind as a company.

I'm of the opinion that they want to spread out the crowds pure and simple. Getting resort guests to flock to AK in the evening at a higher rate because it seems more exclusive is probably not a bad strategy. Pandora will never be the primary driver to a vacation, not like Wizarding World is for Universal or Star Wars Experience will be for WDW. But I think they know that, that's why they have the media cross-promotional blitz going on.

Avatar is considered or at least rumored to be the highest grossing film of all time, so don't understand people saying it is an 8 yo movie and will be irrelevant. If people do not know the movie, they can acquaint themselves when this opens. :sunny: I LOVED the movie, it's teachings to reverence our planet are also perfect for AK, and cannot wait to view this new land! We really love AK, love the idea of the park being open later, and I think this is exactly what AK needed. :butterfly

Last edited:
My only sadness is that we are going to be there end of April so will miss this time, but am praying for a soft opening! If any hear of any in April I hope they post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter