Pandora to open May 27th, 2017

I have AP's as well but not activated yet. Don't know if that makes a difference. Are the AP preview dates different then the DVC dates? I leave on the morning of the 13th and won't be able to see it:headache:
No both are the same dates.

exactly. that's my point-- the "newness" may never wear off.

I'm certainly aware that's a possibility, hence my question. But it did make me genuinely curious how long Peter Pan has had that allure. Since the new queue? Before that?

I don't know. I just think with the strength of the other big attractions at AK (Everest and Safari) and a couple of other chunk grabbers (Kali and Dino), Pandora will probably even out. Could very well be wrong. If crowd levels stay high, I guess evening out won't be very likely.

I'm certainly aware that's a possibility, hence my question. But it did make me genuinely curious how long Peter Pan has had that allure. Since the new queue? Before that?

I don't know. I just think with the strength of the other big attractions at AK (Everest and Safari) and a couple of other chunk grabbers (Kali and Dino), Pandora will probably even out. Could very well be wrong. If crowd levels stay high, I guess evening out won't be very likely.
Just my experience but Peter Pan had long long waits 45-60 sometimes 75-90mins throughout my stay at certain points in the day when I went in Sep 2011.

Just my experience but Peter Pan had long long waits 45-60 sometimes 75-90mins throughout my stay at certain points in the day when I went in Sep 2011.

While not WDW, the DL Peter Pan ride that is pretty darn old ALWAYS has a long wait, typically at least 45 min and it currently has no FP option. There are numerous reasons to account for that wait beyond sheer popularity, but when a ride is a favorite, it's a favorite and will continually have long lines until something better comes along to distract the park goers.

If the Pandora rides are really different and awesome (and not prone to technical difficulties that diminish the awesomeness of the ride), it is plausible they could become favorites and maintain long lines well after the initial newness surge.

However, with the new Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land debuting in the next few years, it is entirely possible whatever is done in those lands makes the Pandora rides look boring in comparison so the novelty wears off and they become less popular. I would hope if that happens, they review the tier structure they have set up and get rid of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter