PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

I soft of get them not letting you rest, your body does different things between sleep and awake times. Fingers crossed you start to regain some energy. Maybe it's time to send you some coloring books...

Glad all is moving ahead as planned. Hope your energy comes back soon. That shuttle is really looking good. Looking forward to future pics.
Teresa and I continue to pray for you man :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I guess you have to take it all apart and do it again. That was supposed to keep you busy for at least a week 😊

Maybe some Ikea furniture will present a better challenge. I'm sure the hospital could use a few more cabinets here and there.

Again, somehow I added comments to a quote and I'm not sure what I did. Sorry garneska.

Last edited:
Well tonight after not sleeping well for two nights, when DW showed up I crashed. Slept and nice couple hours. Managed a couple more before a very mild fever triggered the whole empire's response. Have not been able to settle since then. Walked the floor a couple of times, searched online, looked at learning something new. Now my battery is going dead on the laptop. Feeling pretty good tonight, once my appetite comes back, will be good.

So today is day plus five. Slept well last night and well am feeling very good this morning. Feeling good enough to go camping. Of course I currently have no immune system, so that is not possible. But for as bad as I felt on Friday and Sat, glad to be feeling good. Once my number recover I can head home....however long that takes.
Well have most of my summer camping reservations made, just a few more and the season will be set.

Glad things are turning a corner and you are feeling better. I haven't started thinking about next year's camping. As hard as reservations are, I should probably start some planning.

j

So this morning was another covid test, dumbest thing in the world. Nurse who has spent 20 mins within my personal space, leaves the room comes back wearing a protective gown, mask, face shield, all to shove a swab up my nose.
Last two stays you got swabbed once and done for whole stay, now they are doing every 7 days. Insurance money grab is all it is. Rant over.

Feeling good, numbers doing what they should so far. Walking multiple times a day, trying to stay busy.

Day +8, Up early this morning, no surprise there. Nurses come in to draw blood and that is it I am up. Today they let me sleep in, it was 5 am before they woke me.
New Star Wars lego kit arrived yesterday. Delivered by DW this one comes to me from my donor, my sister. She purchased me the AT-AT walker kit. It is about 300 steps, the kit is just about 1300 pieces, so will take me a couple of days. Worked bag 1 this morning which was the lego figures that come with the kit, an E-web cannon, and a speeder bike. Took me about an hour this morning. Will wait until Monday to start the walker as I have college football today to keep me busy.
Tomorrow of course is pro football, so that will take up my day.

Day +9, Nurses let me sleep until about 530 this morning, which in here is late. Got my blood drawn, my orthostatic check done, then my first round of meds. Nurse and I had it out last night, she had me all fired up and that is not easy to do.

Only watched the start of the Penn State game it was 14-0 when I turned it off to head to bed. See I did not miss anything. Good.

May break down and start the lego kit today, after breakfast. Wanted to wait until tomorrow, but bored this morning. I have already had my daily quota of fig newton cookies, my coke to start my day. Breakfast does not arrive until around 8am, so about another hour.

Well my lab results look good, my WBC count is down to .02K, it may not go any lower it may go to zero tomorrow. That is the number they will be watching over the next week as it will dictate when I can go home. Just finished my walk, 4 laps around the floor, which is normal for me.

Last edited:
Day +10, well they drew labs at 430am this morning. Of course that means I have the results back also. WBC was up to .04 this morning so looks like I bottomed out yesterday and now starting the uphill climb to get out of here. Platelets were still headed down, so may need a transfusion in the upcoming days or they may recover on their own.

Working on AT AT leuego kit, got thru 2 bags yesterday and it was starting to take shape. After breakfast I will continue to work on it.

With the way your knocking out the lego sets, youll finish them all soon! Lol. At least you are up and about to build them! Glad your on the mend. Keep going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter