P&J's Escape Wedding PJ! Feb 15, 2011(SBP, UK Lower) A year gone by...

Wow - great updates!! Have you decided on where you're having dinner yet? I think free dining is great for that kind of thing!! I love your shoes and headband!!

Happy "under 100 days"!

Thanks! Oh the dinner. LOL.

When I was trying to figure it out, I posted on the restaurant section for suggestions. A lot of people suggested signature restaurants, and it just wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want our guests to use two credits, and I also wanted something a bit more low-key.

Someone suggested Chef Mickey's and I loved the idea. It's casual, relaxed, very us. And I'll get pictures with characters! Anyway, I got people who actually seemed offended that I would "subject guests to sub-par food in an atmosphere that is NOT wedding appropriate"....or something along those lines, anyway. Whatever. I asked Philip if he thought it was lame and he looked at me like I was crazy, and asked me since when do I care what people think about our wedding! True enough.

Chef Mickey's it is. Yes, it's a buffet and it's buffet food. Yes, I will be making someone else get my food for me, since I'm not walking around the food in my dress! :rotfl: Yep, some people think it's lame. I seriously considered changing it, but our guests think it's cool and I love it.

Ah well. I did find it kind of crazy that people would be so up in arms about it!

Here's the thing. I got my dress AGES ago. I refused to squeeze myself into a dress that was too small and promise myself I'd lose weight. So I got the dress that fit right then and there. Smart, right?

But then I started Zumba. You want to lose weight? Do zumba. Seriously. I went to the doctor, who weighed me, and I had lost 16 pounds without trying. I mean, I was going to zumba to do something active with a friend, but even though I have weight I can afford to lose I wasn't GOING to lose weight, kwim? That 16 pound loss was over a month ago, and I've since tightened my belt a notch. We don't own a scale...I don't know what I'm down to, but my pants now come right off if I don't put a belt on.

My friend and I signed up for Saturday mornings, and then signed up for that PLUS Tuesday evenings starting January 11th. It's already paid for and all that.

My dress is too big. :scared1:
What do I do? The wedding is February 15th, and I'll be going twice a week for a month beforehand. Do I take it to get altered early January? Late January? Eat a ton over Christmas? :lmao:

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled. Just...bah. It's a lace up, but I can GRAB the fabric on my hips, and it's supposed to hug.

Thanks! Oh the dinner. LOL.

When I was trying to figure it out, I posted on the restaurant section for suggestions. A lot of people suggested signature restaurants, and it just wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want our guests to use two credits, and I also wanted something a bit more low-key.

Someone suggested Chef Mickey's and I loved the idea. It's casual, relaxed, very us. And I'll get pictures with characters! Anyway, I got people who actually seemed offended that I would "subject guests to sub-par food in an atmosphere that is NOT wedding appropriate"....or something along those lines, anyway. Whatever. I asked Philip if he thought it was lame and he looked at me like I was crazy, and asked me since when do I care what people think about our wedding! True enough.

Chef Mickey's it is. Yes, it's a buffet and it's buffet food. Yes, I will be making someone else get my food for me, since I'm not walking around the food in my dress! :rotfl: Yep, some people think it's lame. I seriously considered changing it, but our guests think it's cool and I love it.

Ah well. I did find it kind of crazy that people would be so up in arms about it!

That's the one thing you have to watch on here - too many people get horrendously offended at our unconventional choices...when I had originally picked HDDR and said my guest were paying for their tickets people on here FLAMED me! But my family stood by it and thought it was a fantastic idea!!

I love Chef Mickeys and thing it's a great idea!! It'll be a blast for you guys, enjoy every second of it!!

Here's the thing. I got my dress AGES ago. I refused to squeeze myself into a dress that was too small and promise myself I'd lose weight. So I got the dress that fit right then and there. Smart, right?

But then I started Zumba. You want to lose weight? Do zumba. Seriously. I went to the doctor, who weighed me, and I had lost 16 pounds without trying. I mean, I was going to zumba to do something active with a friend, but even though I have weight I can afford to lose I wasn't GOING to lose weight, kwim? That 16 pound loss was over a month ago, and I've since tightened my belt a notch. We don't own a scale...I don't know what I'm down to, but my pants now come right off if I don't put a belt on.

My friend and I signed up for Saturday mornings, and then signed up for that PLUS Tuesday evenings starting January 11th. It's already paid for and all that.

My dress is too big. :scared1:
What do I do? The wedding is February 15th, and I'll be going twice a week for a month beforehand. Do I take it to get altered early January? Late January? Eat a ton over Christmas? :lmao:

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled. Just...bah. It's a lace up, but I can GRAB the fabric on my hips, and it's supposed to hug.

Wow - I gotta look into this Zumba thing...jeez. I would just wait until January. The guy who altered mine actually recommended getting any alterations done a few weeks beforehand, because you never know!!

Congrats on the weight loss - great job!!

Wow - I gotta look into this Zumba thing...jeez. I would just wait until January. The guy who altered mine actually recommended getting any alterations done a few weeks beforehand, because you never know!!

Congrats on the weight loss - great job!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I love Zumba. She works us so hard that we drip, but we're so focused on what we're doing wrong that we don't notice how hard we're working! :rotfl2: I signed up at the Prospect Road Community Centre because they do packaged sessions - 13 or 14 weeks and she starts us from scratch, so we all looked like big dummies together!

Dessert Party menu time! :banana:

I thought I'd put it up since I loved reading about everyone's food. We just picked a menu that we liked and substituted a few things.

Tiramisu
Cheesecake
Chocolate éclairs
Tarpon Springs Baklava
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Linzer Diamonds
Cream Horns
Fruit Tarts
Fresh Fruit Display with Biscotti and Warm Chocolate Ganache
Fruit Punch
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Teas
Flavoured Syrups and Sticks, Sugars, Cream, and Honey

Yummmmmmm....we've told our guests and they're saying "So we have cake...and then we have supper...and then you're plumping us up with all of THAT?!". Yes...yes, we are. At least they're easy to please ;)

I thought about putting in the rice crispie mickey's, but didn't for this round. I think we're a bit under budget so that's something I'll save if we need to be topped up.

76 days to the wedding! Is it February yet???

We were in the drive thru for Tim Horton's yesterday, and Philip turns to me and says "So...we're getting married next month!" :scared1: I had been counting the days, but when you put it like that! :woohoo:

If you can believe it....we left the marriage license to the last minute. Whoops. It's gone, so hopefully it gets back in time. I should probably be stressed about that!

We had a few changes in budget. I decided to cut the aisle petals, which were 65 dollars. We added 3 vans from The Contemporary to Dessert Party instead, for 75 dollars. I just had visions of DF's Grammie and Mom going to the main gate, not International Gateway, and then people being upset with me. Yeah, I'm not worried about the marriage license, but I'm worried about THAT. :laughing: We also added photography for our dessert party. We had about 221 left to make our $7500 minimum, so we're a bit over now. Ah well. I thought about adding Epcot to our MK shoot but the general vote went for Dessert Party photography. :goodvibes

SO! We've had MANY changes. We're now:

- Being made over by Patricia LeJeune in the am (myself and my two bridesmaids).

- At Sea Breeze Point at 2:30 pm, with Rev. Jack Day officiating. We're getting there via the limo drop offs and having one van pick up those not in the bridal party.

- Having light pink gerbers as my bouquet, and my two girls will have small bouquets with the same pink + white daisies. As long as they're the right sizes with no greenery, I'm good.

- Having cake and no toasts on site at SBP (we didn't want to put the pressure on people + we have a lot of non-drinkers...and some that I don't WANT drinking.)

- Heading over to Chef Mickey's for dinner! We might all take the bus. I know we'll still have the limo, so we might send everyone else off via bus...we'll see! I'm not sure I'll be able to eat from excitement lol. Somebody will definitely be getting my food for me, as I'm not going near the buffet in my white dress. ;)

- Having vans take us from Chef Mickey's to the DP @ UK Lower.

- Heading back to Pop Century via bus!

- Up the next morning for MK shoot. I am not doing a floral refresh since it's the next day. If they're not good, I won't use them. I won't be broken hearted about it. We haven't heard that our time slot has change at all. Karen did confirm that times were changing and that if we are affected photography would be in touch. I figure we'll hear soon if we are.

- Back to nap! :rotfl::rotfl: Before AK that afternoon/evening (it's DF's aunt's 50th birthday that day.)

I requested Amy or Regina for our photography. I know they're not guaranteed. I feel very zen about this since my one floral freak out. Karen's been great, and I'm pretty confident everything will go off without any major hitches. A bit worried about the weather, but meh.

Oh! And I paid for the Just Married pins! LOL. Now if only I could find a darn top hat...

Had to post, because UPS showed up at my door with luggage tags this afternoon! :banana::banana::banana:

Have I mentioned that my aunt and uncle STILL haven't booked? 35 sleeps. I'm not impressed (well, about them not booking, I'm THRILLED about the 35 sleeps).

I thought I'd post our revised BEO. It really helped me when I was starting to look to see people's, so here goes! Keep in mind we haven't customized anything - regarding decor. It'll be pretty bare bones. We thought about what would be important to us and our family, and came up with food, photos, and transport. So that's where our money went!

It was too big for one snipping tool, so it's in two pictures because I had to snip in twice :)

Captureh.jpg

Captureg.jpg

Here we go! We are officially at the stage where I'm getting stressed. Remember the zen? Yeah....not so much! I started a temporary job (until May), and the combination of getting to know 175 students plus last minute wedding stuff is turning me into a crazy person. Oops.

My girls came over Friday night to put me in my dress. SO. Much. Fun. I wish everyone could have seen them behind me lacing me up. I think I might video it on the wedding day :rotfl:. They laced me up and decided that the lacing wasn't good enough, so undid the whole thing to "make it prettier". I have good friends lol. The verdict? I have an appointment January 25th to have it taken in. I asked them to be very honest with me (they're so tiny!), and one of them grabbed all of the fabric in the back. Alright then. The top part is fine because it's lace up, but the hips are not so good. They balloon.

Wedding payment is officially gone through. Done.

My aunt and uncle FINALLY booked! :cool1: I was really starting to think that they weren't coming and just didn't want to tell me. Which would have made me super angry, because we could have had someone else come in their place! But they booked last week, yay! So everyone is in and I can breathe about that now.

Our Just Married pins came in! :banana: Everyone got their luggage tags. My bridesmaids are so excited they're almost buzzing. :cutie:

I put together a montage of what I want my hair to be, and inspiration is borrowed (aka, you may recognize it all hahaha). I fought with the idea of half up, half down, but I think I'll do that for the MK shoot.

large_image1-1-1.jpg

I ordered two necklaces (because I am indecisive) almost a month ago, and they still haven't arrived. Good times. Hopefully at least one gets here within 26 sleeps.

il_570xN160320320.jpg

il_570xN142179020.jpg

I remembered to call and put my FMIL's nut allergy on our dining reservations. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I want to off her during our trip!

And lastly, these pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the wedding, but meh. New Year's Eve we had the best time skating on the new skating oval that they've put in the city for the Canada Winter Games. There's a big petition to keep it because it's been so popular. We love it!

DF and I ready to lace up
SDC103952.jpg

Me, so not pro, but having a great time.
SDC103972-1.jpg

My MOH and I
SDC104032.jpg

A snow day would be great....

I gave up coffee (take 2, I gave up last year and did great until September when I relapsed), and I feel like killing someone. Ugh.

Philip has been really sick lately at night, and went to the doctor. She gave him some pills to help the acid in his stomach. He's still been up at tonight so this morning I mentioned that maybe he should go back and ask for something else. He says "Oh, I haven't been taking them. I don't like putting things into my body."

MEN!!:headache:

One of my necklaces came in, still waiting on the other!

Ooooooo I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Disney called while I was teaching, so I was terribly sad to get the voice mail that I missed it, but anyway!

We got assigned our photographer! Annnnddd we got Regina, who we requested! Annnnnnd we got her for the ceremony, dessert party, and MK session! Squeal!

Our portrait session was also moved due to the construction. It'll be at 7:30. I had braced myself for it, so it's not a deal breaker for me. No night pictures, but I've been seeing some really nice day ones. I brought up that I wasn't too pleased that people will be being let in for breakfast during our session (we get picked up at 7:30, so we won't be starting until 7:45-7:50). But it is what it is. I'm certainly not willing to cancel over it, and it's not going to ruin it for me. I'm just seriously grateful that we have this opportunity.

So yay! Photographer assigned, and it's who we wanted. Excellent day! :banana:

Congrats on getting Regina! I plan on requesting her for our rehearsal dinner/bridal portaits!

Thanks! I'm so relieved. And so happy that she'll be doing all of it. It's so bizarre that we get no say in something so important, so I'm happy that it worked out.

Well our papers were in my mailbox this afternoon, so we can officially get married!

If anyone is wondering whether or not they should go through Brevard County, dooooooo it! We didn't think that we knew a notary at all, but a friend randomly knew someone, so the signature was free. We didn't have to rent a car, and we didn't have to spend a half day going to a courthouse. It was so easy and FAST. I emailed our preliminary information, which they emailed back so that I could print it and have it signed. I'm very impressed. :thumbsup2

In other prep news:

- My dress alterations appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well!

- I made an appointment to get my nails prettied.

- Made an appointment with MAC to have a bridal consultation. Patricia LeJeune is doing my makeup the morning of the wedding, but I'm not having her come back for the MK shoot. My MOH is great at doing hair, so she's doing it the MK morning. MAC will give me an hour consult as long as I make a $50.00 commitment to buy products from them. So I'll do my makeup myself.

- My bachelorette is this weekend. Our Zumba instructor is coming to do a "strip tease" lesson. HA! This should be good...

It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!

It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!

Everything is going really well! Now as long as a snowstorm doesn't come along and screw everything up, we'll be great!

We get married three weeks from today!!! :yay:

Also, I had my fitting today and she's taking over an inch on either side of my hips. Yeehaw! Also, I LOVE the bustle she's doing. They didn't show me anything like that at the store. When I walked out she exclaimed "Honey, you look GORGEOUS in that dress!" I'd like to take her home with me so that she can tell me that every day. I'm not asking much....

Zumba killed me tonight. We're using weights and....ouch. I might not be able to write on the board tomorrow!

oh my...I love love love your PJ! Our weddings are going to be so similar! Not only are our colors the same...the hairstyles that you picked are the exact same ones I looked at :goodvibes I can't wait to see and read everything about your wedding! Oh and your BEO was tons of help...I just realized that we should have enough money left over for a magic kingdom photo shoot...IF I can talk the DF into it :yay:

oh my...I love love love your PJ! Our weddings are going to be so similar! Not only are our colors the same...the hairstyles that you picked are the exact same ones I looked at :goodvibes I can't wait to see and read everything about your wedding! Oh and your BEO was tons of help...I just realized that we should have enough money left over for a magic kingdom photo shoot...IF I can talk the DF into it :yay:

Glad I could help!!! I know, I feel like I'm going to be able to re-live my wedding through yours lol. Talk him into the MK shoot, you can do it, I promise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter