Our thread for the Minnie!

Hey everyone! This is just a quick note before I run to the pool. I can't wait to see you all on Saturday!!! :cool1: I'll try to post a bit more and catch up this afternoon.

Several of you were mentioning what you would be wearing. I just did a design that I will iron on a tank top. I wanted to post it in case any of you wanted to use it. You can right-click on it to save it - it is in JPEG. Then just print it on to iron-on paper and iron it to any shirt (wash and dry the shirt first with NO fabric softener.) Sorry this is so late - I've been working on other designs, and finally got this one done. Special thanks to Kate (Julia & Nick's Mom on the design board) for the Minnie squares. My tank is red, and I have purple-ish/blue shorts, so please chat/wave if you see me! ;) And yes, I know that doesn't match, but I really like those shorts for running/walking and can't find any more... :lmao:

MinnieMarathonShirt4copy.jpg

Happy tapering to everyone!!!! :thumbsup2

--Lynnda

Oh - here is the other Minnie I was working on. I opted for more colors on my shirt (to try and make it somewhat match my shorts... :teeth: )Again, feel free to use it - instructions are in the post above, and let me know if you have any questions. And again thanks to Julia & Nick's Mom for the Minnie picture. ;)

MinnieMarathonShirt2copy.jpg

--Lynnda

crzy4pooh said:
Hey everyone! This is just a quick note before I run to the pool. I can't wait to see you all on Saturday!!! :cool1: I'll try to post a bit more and catch up this afternoon.

Several of you were mentioning what you would be wearing. I just did a design that I will iron on a tank top. I wanted to post it in case any of you wanted to use it. You can right-click on it to save it - it is in JPEG. Then just print it on to iron-on paper and iron it to any shirt (wash and dry the shirt first with NO fabric softener.) Sorry this is so late - I've been working on other designs, and finally got this one done. Special thanks to Kate (Julia & Nick's Mom on the design board) for the Minnie squares. My tank is red, and I have purple-ish/blue shorts, so please chat/wave if you see me! ;) And yes, I know that doesn't match, but I really like those shorts for running/walking and can't find any more... :lmao:

MinnieMarathonShirt4copy.jpg

Happy tapering to everyone!!!! :thumbsup2

--Lynnda

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! What kind of iron-on paper should I use...I am going to try and do it!!! It is just sooooo cute!!!!

Lynnda-that shirt design is great. I made shirts for me & my support team for the 1/2 & we loved them. I still wear it. It worked great going on a wal mart $5 t shirt. I may do this to wear for Sat. EOS

2 days from right now I will be checking into the Nashville airport (and very sleepy because its 2 hrs away) So much to get done before then. My 2 friends that are coming with me are spending the night Thur since we have to leave so early & I live closer to the interstate so I also have to get their beds ready.

Kathy-sorry you wont get to do the race, but it will be good to see you. Better to listen to the DR so you can still race in the future.

Jackie-you will have plenty of people to talk to if DH wants to go on ahead. You will have a blast.

I cant wait to see you guys Saturday!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I am so excited...only a few days left! But my nerves are in high gear....oh man, I hope I finish! ;)

Lynnda- I LOVE the design...I am going to try and get a shirt done and wear this instead of the one I bought....I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a white sleevless T it would work great on! Just don't know if I have time, so we will see!

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone Sat! I might be the only one at our EoS meet pushing a stroller! :blush:

Safe travels to all!

Thanks ya'll!!! :blush: I use the Avery inkjet iron-on paper - you can get it at Wal-Mart and Target. You can use the light paper for white shirts - it is a little thinner, and you will only see the design - the rest is clear. However, you do have to reverse the design. If your printer won't do that, let me know and I can flip it for you and email or pm it.

I am using the paper for dark shirts since I have a red tank - the iron-on is thicker, but lasts longer when you wash it. Any space on the paper that is not printed will transfer white, so you have to trim carefully around the design. NOTE - the dark paper does NOT need to be flipped. There are LOTS of tips and instructions on the Creative DISigns board (under Just for Fun). I think there is actually a thread close to the top with just tips for how to iron.

I also just got some paper from our new AC Moore. (LOVE this store!!!) :thumbsup2 I will experiment on some of DS's shirts before I do my tank. I'll try to do them this afternoon and let you know how that paper is.

Just got back from my swim with the tri instructor. I'm wiped out!!! ;) I'm heading to church now to get some work done. I'll check in later! :teeth:

--Lynnda

Lynnda,
You have created total havoc in my life! I was almost packed, saw your design and thought I had to have a shirt with the design, went to the store at 9:00 tonight to get a cool tank top so DH could do the transfer tomorrow AM while I'm at work (we leave for WDW at noon), bought 2 different tanks (one just because it matched the shorts I already had and was on sale), came home and decided I like the matching tank better and maybe I won't do the transfer after all! DH and DD think I've lost my mind, and I guess they're probably right. Now I'm wishing I'd just bought a plain white t-shirt and made a shirt for EoS, but if I suggest that to DH he'll probably leave! So I'll be the one in the perfectly matched white/lime green tank and shorts with an imaginary WISH logo...

Jackie

I LOVE AC MOORE TOO!!! :thumbsup2 Great store!
I am going to do my shirt tomorrow!!!!
So, for a white shirt, I have to flip the design??
I think I am going to use the first design! I love all the colors!

Cannot wait to meet you all!!!! :cheer2:

You all make me laugh!!!! :lmao: I certainly didn't mean to wreak havoc for anyone. I'll definitely try to plan better for next time. Hmmmm... I guess I should start some designs now for the DL 1/2.... :teeth:

Kamgen - yes, for the light/white transfer paper you need to flip the design backwards. Read the instructions on your paper, but all the light paper brands I have seen say to do this. If your printer won't (like mine...) let me know and I can do it in the design program. Actually, give me a few minutes and I'll post a reverse of both designs for anyone who wants them. Again, this is only for the LIGHT/WHITE transfer paper. The dark paper is printed just as you want it shown.

I know we are a little short on time... sorry!!!! :blush: I'm so glad you like the designs, though!!! :goodvibes

I'm getting soooo excited!!! I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday! DH is doing a local 5K on Saturday morning, then we will head over. We are TRYING to get to EOS, but I'm getting very nervous with all the fires around here. It seems like I-95 and the Beachline are closing every day. It took my sister 2 hours to get to work this morning (it should take 25 minutes.) Ugh!!! So... we will get to downtown disney as soon as we can check-in at the hotel and get by the expo. Even if we're late, we'll stop by to see if you all are still there. If not, I'll see you on Sunday! Yippeee!!! :banana:

--Lynnda

Here are the designs in reverse. Use these for light or white transfer paper - for white shirts. ;) Oh, and make sure you set your printer to landscape rather than portrait (paper orientation).

MinnieMarathonShirt4reverse.jpg

MinnieMarathonShirt2reverse.jpg

:wave2:

Happy Thursday everyone! :sunny:

Lynnda- thanks for the reverse designs! I will have my shirt on Sunday! :banana: And I hope you make it to EoS! :goodvibes

Well, I get to pack today! We are leaving here tomorrow when Steve gets home from work! Should be anytime between 11 and 1 :rolleyes: Wish it was earlier! Then we load the car, make sure the baby is set to go, drop off the dog (Koda) at the dog camp and hit the road!!! :moped:

Cannot wait to meet you all!!!!! :grouphug:

Hi, everyone! Just realized I missed 2 people on the list at the beginning, so I am going to go update that.

I will bring name tags and pens for Earl of Sandwich. We are meeting at 4:30 on Saturday. Hope everyone can make it.

Travel safely, all. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at EoS or at the 15K. Good luck to all our WISHers who are doing the 1K or 5K and not coming to EoS. We will be thinking of you and sending :goodvibes: and pixiedust: and :grouphug:

Well, I just printed our boarding passes and I am really getting excited. This time tomorrow, our plane will be taking off for WDW!!!! Now I am off to finish my last minute packing!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has given us support and encouragment. You guys are the best!!!!

Everyone have a safe trip and I will see everyone Sat or Sun!!!! I can't wait to meet you all!!!! :goodvibes

Best of luck to all the Minnie Marathoners!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful time, have excellent pacing and times and many amazing memories :)

Can't wait to hear all the reports and pictures!!! I'll be thinking of all of you lucky people this weekend and sending happy speedy thoughts

:cheer2:

I am headed to the airport right now! I hope to run into many of you this weekend.

I am staying at Pop Century with a friend & my mom and her friend. Girls weekend!!!

See you all bright & early Sunday morning! And maybe around the World before then!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Safe travels everyone!!!

I just got back from the store, and I got some LIME GREEN RIBBON. I am going to wear one in my ponytail. I got extra, so if anyone needs a piece of ribbon for their hair, tie on your shoe, shirt, whatever, let me know! I will bring them to EoS. I don't have a whole lot, but do have some. It is nice lime green and white ribbon! We gotta have our WISH loyalty blazing! LOL! :thumbsup2
Gotta run and make my shirt now! LOL! Nothing like last minute! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter