Our thread for the Minnie!

I'm off to work for a bit this morning then heading up to the Expo to pick up packets and Tshirts and pins. Already saw one of the Minnie pins listed for sale on ebay :confused3 . I'll be back home tonight, then we'll all head up tomorrow after DD13's band concert. Can't wait to see everyone!

Mel,
Have a safe drive back and forth! ;)
Wow, people will sell anything on Ebay...sometimes I hate that...it seems to take away the real value of things that you get from being somewhere to experience something first hand...oh well. :rolleyes:

We leave as soon as Steve gets home....hurry hurry :banana: I am so anxious! :teeth:

See you all soon! :grouphug:

See everybody tomorrow at EOS and then on Sunday morning!

I can not believe it is really here!
Christy

I'm reporting in from the 5K and EOS meet!

The good news is that I finished the 5K - well above the 15 min time limit, but did not get swept. It was also a personal best for me at the 6K distance. I did go faster on a 2 mile run last Nov, but it was a decent inprovement for me on my overall 5K time. The best part - I WAS NOT LAST!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Not overall, not in my age group!

Here's what I did. For me, it was good. I want to do better.

Official Time Chip Time Pace
55:57 55:38 17:54.2

The bad news - BLISTERS!!!!! I wore my favorite, tried-and-true shoes and socks. Never had a problem with them before. At about the 1.5 mile mark today, the blisters started. Ugh! The little toes on both my feet are big, ugly blisters that wrap around all the way under my toes.

DH did the race with me, but we decided he would go on ahead of me to see how he would do. He did very well. He walked the whole course and finished in 41 min. He was second in his age group. (I'm not supposed to say that there were only 2 men in his age group!) :teeth: He said he wished he knew that because his time was fairly close to the other man and he thought he could have beaten him if he knew he was so close! I didn't care. I was proud of him anyway! :love:

TheK course was very pretty. The only part we did not like was the golf cart path that sloped fairly steeply to one side. DH and I plan to go back as soon as my blisters will allow and walk the course a little more slowly to enjoy the view.

The big problem of the day was that the tee shirt distribution volunteers started off the day giving 2 tee shirts to each participant after the race! That meant that they ran out of shirts about halfway through! They took our names and promised to mail us our shirts, but, needless to say, I was very disappointed. I had expected to get my shirt on Fri at the Expo, but they said they would have them on Sat. To not get them after the race due to a communications breakdown like that did not make me happy. They did ask over the PA system for people who got 2 shirts to please return one, but very few people did that. Many of them had already left the area.

After the race we went to Boma for breakfast, and some time at AKL. We then returned to DD and took a boat ride to POR where we walked (in my case, hobbled!) around the resort for a while before heading back to DD for the EOS meet. It was great to see so many WISHers there. We had a great time at the meet!

After the meet we had planned to head over to Epcot, but DH and I both weere really tired, so we headed back home instead. My feet thought that was a really good idea!

I am home, too! It was so nice to meet so many of you at EOS yesterday. The offical stats are not up yet, but if I remeber correctly it was 2 15 when I we finished. I can not wait to see the offical times. I thought it was a nice course, the beginning was a bit boring, but once we finally got to MGM it was very nice!

Nancy--hope your feet are feeling better soon!

Christy

Hey all! :wave2: It was great seeing so many of you during the race (and waiting for us at the finish!) :teeth: We didn't make it to EoS until 6:30 (DS wasn't cooperating very well...), and I didn't see anyone that looked like a Wisher - I'm sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you!

Christy - I think I was behind you and another Wisher from the time we came out of MGM. I saw two runners with green bows, and one had a bright lime green shirt. I never could catch up, but I finished 2:16 - right behind you.

I did try to get pictures of several wishers to hopefully find out who I was behind - I'll post an album once they are downloaded. :thumbsup2

I'm sleepy (4:30am was waaaaaaaay too early!!!) - I'll check in and chat with you all tomorrow! ;)

--Lynnda

crzy4pooh said:
Christy - I think I was behind you and another Wisher from the time we came out of MGM. I saw two runners with green bows, and one had a bright lime green shirt. I never could catch up, but I finished 2:16 - right behind you.

--Lynnda

Yep, that was me with the bright green shirt and the green ribbon (thanks Kamy!!) Great job on finishing!

Sorry we missed you at EOS!

I am happy to say I feel really good this morning!
Christy

Well, all I can say is WOW!!! The MINNIE was one of the best experiences of my life. It was such an honor to be running with all those women around my favorite place in the world!!!! Even though I didn't finish in the time I would have liked, I couldn't have been happier crossing that finish line!!!! What a feeling!!!

I really had a BLAST!!! And I am so glad I got to meet a bunch of my Dis friends!!! You guys are the best!!!!! I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to see crzy4pooh, so I could show her how cute my shirt turned out thanks to her...so THANK YOU crzy4pooh!!!!!!! I was really nervous in the morning, but just standing with the other dis'ers made me feel a little more comfortable!!! So thanks to all of you !!!

I have already decided that this will be a yearly thing for me. It was great to have the weekend to celebrate women. I really did have a great time!!!

CONGRATS to all of you, and thanks for cheering at the finish line!!! :banana:

Christy, thanks for asking. My feet are better today, although I am still sporting my very purple "badges of honor" today, they are far less painful. I expect I will be able to put on shoes and finally head off to Epcot tonight to see Paul Revere & the Raiders, since we never made it there Sat.

Lynnda, sorry we missed you at EOS. We must have been leaving just about the time you arrived. Glad you had a good race. Hope the fires in your area are under control. Fires scare me far more than hurricane season does!

disneyfanzo4, glad you had a blast doing the race! :banana:

Race Results:

For any o fyou who have not found them yet, here's the link Minnie Results

I found them by clicking the come back laster statement. Surprisingly, this still has not been fixed. :confused3

perfectmatch300 said:
They did ask over the PA system for people who got 2 shirts to please return one, but very few people did that. Many of them had already left the area.

I got 2 from the 1 mile walk and am willing to give away both. I have a large and a small. But they are cotton and i have been spoiled by the synthetic ones for moisture transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter