Our October Escape 10/13/11. TR Day 4 Wedding Day Part 5 A Little Fun Time at MK:)

Invitations are done!! Yay!!! :banana: BUT ...Envelopes are not. My printer is still being stupid and printing the watermark and address at the very top of the envelope no matter what I do!
I have resized, moved the text, changed the settings, moved the envelope in the printing tray...you name it, I've done it! And it STILL WONT WORK. :mad:
So, I'm going to take a break before I throw the printer out of the window, and update my PJ a little bit.
So...first off, here are a few pics of the finished invites, and the various components. I must say that I like bling, and FH says I may have gone overboard a little with the rhinestones,
but anyone who knows me knows that rhinestones and glitter are a MUST in my everyday life. Blame it on the 27 years I spent dancing in sequiny costumes! :dance3:

Here is the outside of the invite:

100_4648.jpg

and a close up of the charm:
100_4651.jpg

Opened up:
100_4644.jpg

Sparkly confetti inside:
100_4647.jpg

You can't see it very well, but the pic of Walt and the castle is on an iridescent vellum. SO pretty in the light!!

100_4642.jpg

Actual invite...I've used some photobucket stickers to bring out our respective personalities. Hope you enjoy them.
The actual invitations are lacking said awesome stickers. The wedding guests don't know what they are missing! :lmao:

100_4643-1.jpg

You can't see it very well, but the top says, "Don't you know that storybook loves always have a happy ending." It's from the princess bride theme song. Two reasons that we included this.
First, I hold a degree in Creative Writing, and someday, I WILL write that novel I keep talking about!
And second, all our friends say that the novel I should write is the story of FH and I. We have such a Nicholas Sparks-esque story. I will definitely write that story someday! :thumbsup2
But, as usual, I digress....here are more invite pics!

inserts:
100_4646.jpg

100_4645.jpg

Ok so what do you guys think?

Time to post pics of my first DIY project! I made Ellie badges from the movie UP. It's one of our favorites. It's just the sweetest story.
FH and I both cry everytime we see it.
And DUG! We have a miniature horse...uh, I mean, a golden retriever named Maverick who I think they modeled Dug after.
I swear they are the same dog! And if Maverick could talk, he'd talk just like Dug.
Meet Maverick:
100_3940.jpg
100B3903.jpg

(See, I told you he was a horse!) That's my flower girl Ayla with him.
She's one of my dancers at the studio where I teach.
I am in love with her whole family. They are great!!

Here's one with Maverick and my FH. Oh, they are both
so handsome! :lovestruc
100_3974.jpg

So, I am going to attach the Ellie badges to the welcome bags, and ask that everyone wear them for the ceremony and dessert party.
I am so happy with the way they turned out! :yay:
I'm not the most crafty person, and although I enjoy it and have great fun,
I usually end up messing SOMETHING up. But, I have to say, no complaints
so far about these guys! YAY! :banana:

So, here is the front of the badge:

100_4639.jpg

And here is the back:

100_4640.jpg

I also love how it's on a Mickey hand plate! :laughing:
Found these (and some bowls and cups) at Target not long ago:

100_4638.jpg

(I love how you can see me taking the picture in the reflection off the dining room table. How flattering!) :scared1:
Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Maybe use them when we host our welcome party at our hotel. ?? I'm going to do something cool with them though! hehe.
That's all for now. I will leave you with one more pic of Maverick, Ayla the flower girl, and her dad.
It brings a smile to my face! :goodvibes

100_4632-1.jpg

Quick update....I think we have our officiant!
We have decided on Rev Kev after getting the packets from
both Rev Kev and Jack Day. I dont really know why we went
with Kevin over Jack Day, it was just a feeling that FH had. :confused3
So, we are putting our retainer check in the mail on Monday, and we are booked!

One less thing to worry about! Although, I wonder why Rev Kev doesn't want
us to send an electronic credit card payment? Seems like it would
be much simpler, faster, and easier than a check? Weird. Maybe he's just old school.
Which means I will have to hunt to find my checkbook. I NEVER use it. Thats what debit cards are for! :laughing:
Thanks for making it as difficult as
possible Rev Kev! :rotfl:

Hi!Just stumbled on your PJ but Ive got to say everything looks amazing!!But Ive got to ask were did you find MOH dress and necklace?!?!?!?! It is perfect for my MOH too weve been searching for months and i just happen to reaad your PJ and ITS THERE :worship:!!I phoned MOH straight away and she agrees!Please please let me know!!!Only thing Ive got to hope is I can get them in the UK :eek:

Hi!Just stumbled on your PJ but Ive got to say everything looks amazing!!But Ive got to ask were did you find MOH dress and necklace?!?!?!?! It is perfect for my MOH too weve been searching for months and i just happen to reaad your PJ and ITS THERE :worship:!!I phoned MOH straight away and she agrees!Please please let me know!!!Only thing Ive got to hope is I can get them in the UK :eek:

It's Alexia Designs. Go to alexiadesigns.com and the product number is 4060. The dress is awesome, because you have a million different color combinations to choose from! :)

The necklace is from the Disney Store. Just search for jewelry. :surfweb:

Happy Shopping! And thanks for reading my PJ! Glad you like everything! :woohoo:

Just finished ordering our welcome bags from oriental trading!!
My original plan was to do a canvas tote bag in white or pink, but I just couldn't
find anything that was cost effective for me.
FH suggested these bags quote, "since you have so much to put in them, the Prius, the new lawnmower,
set of golf clubs, a new hot tub..." At which point he stopped because I started throwing things at him....
So, I will admit, I have a lot of things I want to put in the Welcome bags.
We only have 18 guests, and so I want to make sure that I treat them right!
I love playing hostess and giving gifts. And I think because I'm an Escape bride, there aren't as many plans or decisions to make,
so this makes me feel productive, and creative and like I'm personalizing
my wedding. I think FH gets that to a point, but I think he secretly
thinks I'm a freak! :lmao:

Oh well. Here's the bag:
welcomebag.jpg

So, at first, I wasn't crazy about the fact that they are all different colors, but I think they are growing on me, and will actually look cool.
I think the guys will also appreciate not having pink tote bags to carry around! :laughing:

Here is the logo for the bag:
WaltDisneyWorldToteFront.jpg

I think it'll look nice. I also got cute Mickey napkins to use at our pizza/pool party the night before the wedding. I wanted something extremely relaxing and low key, but also fun, with hints of Disney,
and I can't think of anything more relaxing than floating around in a pool at dusk. I think (hope) the pizza/pool party will be fun and bring
out the kid in everyone.

The napkins (which will go nicely with the stuff I got at Target, see post above):

mickeynapkins.jpg

I also got some "to go" baggies for "just in case, suddenly Disney wants me to take home all my leftovers from my Dessert Party" :rotfl2::rolleyes1

They match my color and can be used for all sorts of things
if their original intended purpose doesn't work out!

DPtogobags.jpg

And last but not least, as an impulse buy, I ordered these:
flipflops.jpg

I don't really like the decorations on the top, but they were only $5 (cheapest I've found, and let's be real, I probably won't be wearing them again after this trip, so who cares if they fall apart!!) and I figure
I'll take all the stuff off the strap and decorate it my own way!

Welcome bags and other goodies from Oriental Trading shipped today!
AND...I think I may have changed BM dresses (again), and found
my casual dress. After the wedding, we are heading into MK with the flower girl and ring bearer.
Obviously, we have to change clothes, so I think I found a super cute,
short white dress to wear with them when we take pictures.
Pics soon! Excited! :yay:

So....I'm having a terrible time with BM dresses. I seem to change
my mind constantly! I have gone back and forth I don't know how many times. I know I'm driving FH and MOH crazy!!
I just don't want something to scream traditional bridesmaid. I'm not really down with it for some reason.

So I started with this one:
4060-Alexia-Designs-Bridesmaid-Dress-S11.jpg

I want it black with fuschia trim. MOH likes it, and it is in her budget,
but I don't think that it is within the other BM's budgets.

Thought about having MOH in something different,
but I don't really like that either. So, then I had the idea to do a simple dress and spice it up with a sash or crinoline underneath.
We are doing crazy shoes, so I thought that a simple dress might work. So I pondered this one:
marilynhalter.jpg

This one is definitely within everyone's budget, and I think it would
be nice with a magenta/fuschia sash. Especially with the shoes:
pinkglitterchucks.jpg

and necklace:
necklaceforHillarie.jpg

BUT!!!!

While I was searching for a dress for me to wear in the parks the day of, I found this and FELL IN LOVE!!!:
parkdress.jpg

So that got me thinking. How cute will that be with my converse? The same
converse that my BM's have...BM's....that dress would be so cute as
a BM dress! If only it came in different colors.
And lo! It does. I'm thinking of doing white and pink for me and black and pink for the BM's. And the dress is only $50 on ebay. You can't beat that!
I really think it'll be cute for pictures if me and the BM's are so similar. AND
I essentially get two dresses. Super fun.

So what do you guys think? Is it too cheesy? I really need some help figuring
all of this stuff out!! :confused3

FIVE MONTHS TODAY TIL OUR WEDDING!!! :banana::banana::banana:I am so excited! I can't wait!!:yay::yay::yay:
If I didnt have so much left to do, I'd say, "let's go right now!" :laughing:

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late but I LOVE your invites. I would be sooo excited if I received something as lovely as that through the post. Everything else looks good too and I think the multi coloured welcome bags work really well.

I like all the dresses you've pictured. I think it's too hard to choose between them although I do think the last dress is especially cute and will look fabulous with your converse.

Quick update.
Finally got my oriental trading stuff in the mail today! yay. The autograph books were a little crappy. I mean, I expected them to be cheap (because they were cheap!) but maybe not quite that bad. It's the binding that sucks mostly. The rest of the book is super cute. But it just wasn't in my budget to buy one from Disney, and I really don't see me having the time or patience to make one. I figure that I'll embellish it a little, put some stickers on the pages or something, and it'll work just fine!

Also, after a heated discussion :laughing: DF and I figured up a budget for DIY projects and welcome bags. I think he was getting a little nervous at my over zealousness. And I agree. I went Disney DIY Bridezilla for about two seconds. :scared1: But, we've managed to reign me in, and all is well with the world.

So, I am doing simple, cost effective DIY's instead of trying to build a castle for my guests to stay in! :rotfl2:

I printed up a hidden mickey pamphlet today. Thanks to Vanessa (FigmentFan814) for the info and the template. All the credit goes to her! I swear, I love how everyone is so supportive and sharing on this board! It's so awesome.

I also started on my tears of joy packets. Although, "tears of joy" sounds so hokey and lame to me. I was thinking of saying "Here's to Happily Ever After" on them instead. We'll see. I guess I'll google it and see what comes up.

Just made reservations for Chef Mickeys for the post wedding breakfast, cinderella's royal table for my birthday (6 days after the wedding!), biergarten, and tusker house! :yay:
So excited! I also left a message with Margaritaville pirate: to call back about our farewell dinner the Saturday after the wedding. Hopefully they will call us back soon! :goodvibes

for some reason i thought i posted on here before to tell you that i LOVE everything you have going on!! ((but apparently i didnt :confused3)) your invites are amazing, your logo is fantastic and everything is coming together nicely. your happy day will be here before you know it!!

More restaurants!! San Angel Inn, Marakkesh, and House of Blues. San Angel is especially important to us, because that's where we ate right after we got engaged! :lovestruc It was our first official meal as an engaged couple, and it will be our last official meal together as an engaged couple. :cloud9: Super sweet! I am so excited!!!!! :yay::yay:

for some reason i thought i posted on here before to tell you that i LOVE everything you have going on!! ((but apparently i didnt :confused3)) your invites are amazing, your logo is fantastic and everything is coming together nicely. your happy day will be here before you know it!!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you are liking everything! I am so excited about the wedding. I wish it were already here, but wish I had more time to get everything done! I'm sure none of the rest of you feel at all like that do ya? :rotfl:

I'm joining in! I love your invitations! And that newsletter that you did is awesome, it looks great and it's so informative. Your welcome bags look like they are going to be a lot of fun too! :goodvibes

ADR update! Mainly cause I'm super excited about it! This is the first time we've done so many sit downs in the world. Usually we do one or two sit downs, and then scarf down some burgers and packs of crackers on the way to the next ride! :lmao: So anyway...here's where we are so far:

Sunday Oct 9th: ?? Arrival day. we may drive down or FH may fly us. Did I mention he's a commercial pilot? Score!! :thumbsup2 So it really depends when and how we arrive before we can figure out the food situation.

Monday Oct 10th: This is run around and get the last minutes taken care of day. I have a dinner rez at Brown Derby, hopefully we'll be done with everything in time

Tuesday Oct 11th: Lunch ??
Dinner: Sing Along and Campfire with everyone.

Wed Oct 12th:
Lunch: San Angel Inn with parents, FH's sister, and our nephew/ring bearer. This is special because we had our first engaged meal here, and we want to share our last engaged meal here with our family.
Dinner: Pizza party. Pool Side :cool1:

Thurs Oct 13th: Wedding day!
Dessert Party at Morocco Pavilion...other than that, who knows?! :confused3

Friday Oct 14th:
B'fast: Chef Mickey's with everyone
Lunch: ??
Dinner: Rainforest Cafe in AK

Sat Oct 15th:
Farewell Dinner at Margaritaville CityWalk

Sun Oct. 16th: Yak and Yeti

Monday Oct 17th: Biergarten

Tuesday Oct 18th: Tusker House

Wednesday Oct 19th: (MY 30th Birthday!!) Cinderella's Royal Table

So that's it so far. I have a few more days to fill in, but I think I've hit the important ones. :banana:

Alright DisBrides, what do you think? What am I missing? Like I said, I've never really thought about restaurants before! I've been too busy riding rides and seeing sights! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter