Our Next Vacation Dollars will be spent at…

Disneyland and California, then a land and sea Disney trip, then hopefully a now three times postponed London trip. We also have dollywood as a back up for London.

We also need to reschedule a holidays in Williamsburg trip.

I think doing DLR and DCL will help balance out WDW (also-and I know part of this is we are at a good neighbor hotel but even when pricing out the on-site it was like this: anyone else realize how much cheaper DLR is? I know that the good neighbor hotel, flying into SNA, renting a car through a discount service, etc all were factors, but even when we were looking at GCH it was still at least $1k-$1.5k cheaper? Anyone else realize this?)

I will say and I have asked this before out of all the posts in this thread I think 1 person mentioned an amusement park. Outside of Disney and Universal, it feels like people don't enjoy amusement parks

I live in Ohio, less than 2 hours from Cedar Point so I guess I don't look at it as a vacation lol. We go typically every other year for a day, only once did we go and spend the night and do that water park as well. I have also been to Kennywood in PA a number of times, Dollywood, USO, Busch Gardens, King's Island... However, I'm now of an age where big coasters are just too much for me, especially the ones that feel like they're going to knock my teeth out!

We just went to St. Thomas in March-April and the only thing planned for sure this year is a few days in NYC to see Billy Joel, rescheduled for the 4th time so hoping it really happens this time!

I don't have any WDW plans set in stone, but am thinking about going for F&W and MNSSHP this fall. I will see how things shape up over the summer.

We own DVC, but due to current overcrowding and other <<reasons>>, we’ll be spending our next 5 day vacation at a beach town, meeting lots of other family members. Would have been at least 9, maximum 15 people, spending $ at WDW… We’ll now get together elsewhere… with a lazy river.
(I looked at IL, but the dates don’t mesh well with us right now. We’ll be back to WDW for a higher point resort-only stay, maybe hit up UO next time we’re in town.)
Longer term planning brings us to Europe, assuming no political unrest in countries of choice.

If you’re changing it up for your next vacation, where will you be spending your would have been WDW dollars?
Have you considered vero beach... really fun dvc

49th Anniversary cruise rapidly approaching. Thinking breakfast AND dinner in our cabin every morning/night even though we have a private restaurant.

I like theme parks, not amusement parks. Outside of Disney and Universal I've only been to a couple Six Flags and they were kind of terrible in comparison.
Most Six Flags aren't that great. Cedar Point, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City are great compared to most Six Flags.

I live in Ohio, less than 2 hours from Cedar Point so I guess I don't look at it as a vacation lol.

I was about to say the same thing - we usually get to Cedar Point a couple times a year (we used to be Platinum passholders), but I don't consider those trips to be "vacation".

I was about to say the same thing - we usually get to Cedar Point a couple times a year (we used to be Platinum passholders), but I don't consider those trips to be "vacation".
I live 5 hours away and usually go for a week when going to Cedar Point. My whole week isn't at the park. I'm going this weekend with 2 days at the park and then next few days at Put-in bay.

Cedar Point isn't the only park I have done a vacation to. I did one for Kings Island and Kennywood.

If they were close enough for a day trip I might give them a try, but for a week or two long vacation I'm always going to pick Europe over pretty much anywhere in the US.
Then there is me where if I'm going to Europe I'm basing it on visiting the parks over there.

30 minutes from Cedar Point, so we get there about once a week in the summer. Long term Platinum Passholders - their service is getting better every year.

We have a week planned for Discovery Cove and the SeaWorld parks in June. Taking a break from Disney. Lots of time for relaxing built into this one - maybe try Gideons and a beach day?

2023 looks like Universal Parks for 4 days; and then an RV excursion to some National Parks or Alaska.

We just returned from a spring break WDW trip and are currently taking a low budget trip at Newport coast, CA. Both are from travel credit we have to take b4 it expires this year.

The next is a weekend at Aulani and a fall WDW trip to take ds/ds/ddl & 2grands before eldest grandson turns 'teen'. All are 1st timer [except oldest grand) so we have to do the whole package. Truly hope this doesn't get postponed again.

Next year we will be recovering from 2022 trips and do mostly staycations and a DL /cruise trip for our dd & the other 3 grands. We will most likely skip WDW or Disney for a while bc of the cost AND complexity of planning it. We our enjoying our Marriott TS trips though!!!

Have you considered vero beach... really fun dvc
Been there. DH loved it. DS7 isn’t a strong enough swimmer for me to feel safe with him in those big waves… I prefer HHI or Clearwater for that reason. Their pool was plenty fun, though. The staff was great, and although they fed me something truly awful, it was mid-pandemic, so I’ll forgive the clearly expired food. Fish lips was good. The kids club was also good.

Been there. DH loved it. DS7 isn’t a strong enough swimmer for me to feel safe with him in those big waves… I prefer HHI or Clearwater for that reason. Their pool was plenty fun, though. The staff was great, and although they fed me something truly awful, it was mid-pandemic, so I’ll forgive the clearly expired food. Fish lips was good. The kids club was also good.
We are South Florida residents so family always wants to come here.. hotels are crazy expensive so we are inviting family to go on a cruise out of Miami this year. I just bought 4 day cruise tickets for $100 plus the $120 port fee I cant beat those prices anywhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-100512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-100512_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 13
We used to do cedar point once or twice a year until I was around 20. It’s only a couple hours from Pittsburgh and it’s much better than kennywood (matter of fact I don’t remember going to kennywood until being a teen but we made the drive to cp often). However the newer coasters are made to be more fun/intense. While that’s great, the safety systems need to be improved/restricted. The last time I went (nearing 20 years) I did fit on everything but some very snug. I’m about the same size as then maybe a little bigger but just worry that I won’t fit on the newer coasters so don’t want to put out that money and time and not be able to do things. I do miss going riding coasters though.

Our next trip will be September to see my family and go to Myrtle Beach, and a South Carolina Gamecocks football game. But our “family vacation” will be to Disney in March.

Probably take a golf trip at some point as well this year, weekend thing but the whole family usually comes.

I should note that Cedar Point has a wonderful beach that is super relaxing. Starbucks a few steps away; very beautiful. My son got a "All Season Dining Plan" for $135 for May-October that entitles him to two meals every day he is in the parks (4 hours apart) for the entire summer season! I can have a few bites of his meal, and there is still more than enough food for him. Definitely a different price point than Disney!

We’ll, that’s an interesting one…

We’re in the UK, and after some thought we’re intending to return to Florida in November this year (our November 2021 trip, booked pre-Covid but of course postponed). We have a villa booked for three weeks, and flights and a car…

Normally for these trips - which we’re only able to take every two years or so - we’d take advantage of the special Disney tickets deal available to UK residents (14 days park access for the price of 7) but this year we’re not planning on visiting WDW at all. Having to make park reservations after buying the tickets, not to mention Genie+ and all that twaddle, and the current state of the dining options and the almost compulsory need to do everything on a smartphone, has simply convinced us that it’s no longer worth the hassle. We will visit Universal - we haven’t been since 1997 ( 😱 ) so that will be a bit different. Other than that, central Florida has much more to offer than just the theme parks. If we get a serious yen to visit Epcot (we both love World Showcase) we’ll just see what’s available ‘on the day’ and book a 1-day ticket locally.

We might even take a trip over to Tampa - we saw Joe Montana play in London when the NFL was just starting its European expansion, and Dan Marino in a Monday night game in Miami on our visit in 1997, and the Bucs have a Monday night game at home smack in the middle of our trip this year. And I’ve been a Bucs fan since the day they appointed Tony Dungy as coach, and since…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter