Our Magical Westbound Transatlantic Voyage Sept 2010. (Day 15 & 16 added 29/5/11 )

Ooooh Sarah I am so excited after catching up with your latest installments, September can not come quick enough!!!!!

Love all your photos & I can not wait for all those sea days.....you seemed to find the perfect mix of activities & chilling. :thumbsup2

I love your dress that you wore to Palo, so pretty. :goodvibes

Thank you Claire .... that dress may well be making an appearance again in September as it is quite a comfortable one that hides my excess baggage.

Sarah, I've just found your update.

What a lovely day....I think we'll have to try a couple of those painkillers;)

Great photos again:thumbsup2

I can't wait for September.

Thanks Michelle ... I can highly recommend the Painkillers !! We are hoping to find the Pussers in Gibraltar this time, so we may have one on both sides of the Atlantic !!

Ooooh Sarah I am so excited after catching up with your latest installments, September can not come quick enough!!!!!

Love all your photos & I can not wait for all those sea days.....you seemed to find the perfect mix of activities & chilling. :thumbsup2

I love your dress that you wore to Palo, so pretty. :goodvibes

Thank you Claire .... that dress may well be making an appearance again in September as it is quite a comfortable one that hides my excess baggage.

Sarah, I've just found your update.

What a lovely day....I think we'll have to try a couple of those painkillers;)

Great photos again:thumbsup2

I can't wait for September.

Thanks Michelle ... I can highly recommend the Painkillers !! We are hoping to find the Pussers in Gibraltar this time, so we may have one on both sides of the Atlantic !!

Day 15 – Day at Sea

This was to be our last day at sea on our wonderful transatlantic voyage …. the second week in particular had simply flown by, and it was so sad that the cruise was coming to an end. This morning it had been raining, so everywhere around the ship was a little bit damp. We popped up to Topsiders for breakfast, and then we decided to kidnap Kimberly's friend Ivanna Cruz and see what she could get up to around the ship ( sorry, but this will only have meaning to the WBTA cruisers themselves .. so I will post Ivanna's adventures on our cruise meet thread )

I don't seem to have taken many photos during the day as basically we just chilled and relaxed for most of it. I met up with Corinna during the morning to collect in the entries for the scavenger hunt we had arranged, and we sat in Promenade Lounge while we marked the entries.

At lunch time we met up with our cruise group in Parrot Cay where we hsad arranged a farewell lunch. It was lovely to see everyone again before we went our separate ways. We also announced the winners of the various competitions we had organised, and the Secret Mickey participants revealed themselves to each other.

During the afternoon we just relaxed up on deck and then headed to the cabin to get ready for the show … Disney Dreams, which was just outstanding ( which is more than I can say for this photo – very blurry, but the only one I got sorry )

DSCF8853.jpg

After a walk around the deck we headed for dinner.

DSCF8845.jpg

Tonight was semi-formal dinner in Parrot Cay

our neighbours ...

DSCF8866.jpg

Tablemates ...Lynne and Len :

DSCF8863.jpg

Michael and Michele:

DSCF8864.jpg

Gus and Morag:

DSCF8865.jpg

Neighbours Michael and Marc looked amazing in their white tuxedos

DSCF8875.jpg

and their very shiny shoes ..

DSCF8876.jpg

and time for one of my favourite desserts on board …. chocolate lava cake.

DSCF8872.jpg

We had a photo taken with our servers … Leslie and Raphael who were truly amazing:

DSCF8877.jpg

In the atrium the photographers were in action and Len and Terry were larking about .. resulting in some very funny photos:

DSCF8879.jpg

DSCF8878.jpg

DSCF8881.jpg

After dinner we went along to see John Charles in the Walt Disney Theatre …. this was quite entertaining but very much geared to the US audience … who seemed to absolutely love John's performance. He did seem a really nice chap though.

After the show we went for our habitual walk on deck. At this point we were hearing rumours that the Wonder had been unable to dock in Castaway cay that day due to rough seas, and it was predicted the same for tomorrow, so we went to bed with everything crossed, hoping that we would make it to our tropical paradise island the following day …...

Another lovely report Sarah.

Great photos:)

More great installments Sarah, loving all your photos, Tortola looked lovely too

I had to smile at the pic of the compass, as Paul had me searching for it one day as he'd seen a photo of it and didn't know where it was - men eh ? :confused3 :rotfl2:

:wizard: I hope you got to Castaway Cay the next day

Day 16 – Castaway Cay

We woke early and Tony headed off to the gym, while I grabbed a coffee and wandered around the deck to see if I could spot any sightings of Castaway Cay.

DSCF8884.jpg

DSCF8892.jpg

Before long Tony joined me and we sat and chilled for a while before heading for breakfast at Topsiders.

DSCF8885.jpg

DSCF8886.jpg

At this point we still didn't know if we were going to be docking at Castaway Cay, but the sea seemed fairly calm, and no announcements had been made to the contrary, so we remained hopeful. We ate our breakfast as we approaced the island,

DSCF8888.jpg

DSCF8890.jpg

DSCF8891.jpg

and then we watched the officers negotiate going alongside from the bridge wing.

DSCF8894.jpg

DSCF8896.jpg

They did an admirable job and we were thrilled to be docked at Castaway Cay. We weren't the only ones to be thrilled … these guys looked pretty pleased about it too ….

DSCF8908.jpg

DSCF8907.jpg

I then took lots of photos of Castaway Cay from every imaginable position:

DSCF8899.jpg

DSCF8900.jpg

DSCF8901.jpg

DSCF8904.jpg

DSCF8905.jpg

DSCF8903.jpg

DSCF8902.jpg

and they must have been giving one of the palm trees an extra bucket of fertilizer as it had certainly had a growth spurt:

DSCF8906.jpg

We headed back to the cabin to change into running gear as we were participating in the Castaway Cay 5 K run ( or in my case - fast walk ). This was an idea which had developed on our meet thread, and although there wasn't an official DCL 5K, our organiser Lynne managed to obtain a copy of the route and so we were just going to do our own thing and use that. During the previous few months Tony and I had decided to get sponsored by friends and family to do the run / walk in aid of a charity in the UK called Dial-A-Dream, which basically arranges treats, days out and holidays to terminally ill children. So I was determined to do it for that reason if nothing else, and had I not been sponsored I may well have chosen the beach and bar option that morning, rather than huffing and puffing in 90 degree heat for 5 kilometres, looking far from glamorous.

Anyway, it ended up with just 4 of us meeting off the ship to commence the run / walk, and off we went. It was not easy, the sun was beating down and not much of the route was under shade, but we managed to complete the route and it was such a relief when it was over. Here we are back at the ship after the event:

DSCF8909.jpg

The bar was calling my name, so we rushed back on board for a quick shower and then headed back down towards the family beach, stopping en route for a very welcome and hard earned Konk Cooler for me

DSCF8932.jpg

and Budweiser for Tony ( in a very cool bottle ).

DSCF8933.jpg

DSCF8929.jpg

In the end I found the Konk Kooler a wee bit strong so Tony had to finish that too. All that exercise had gone to my head !!

DSCF8936.jpg

DSCF8935.jpg

DSCF8928.jpg

Not a bad view from where I was sitting:

DSCF8934.jpg

We bumped into Michael and Michele so we took some photos of each other at the various viewpoints:

DSCF8921.jpg

DSCF8920.jpg

DSCF8918.jpg

DSCF8917.jpg

We headed over to the Pelican Plunge area, and Tony, Michael and Michele decided to be very brave and had a go on the Pelican Plunge, which was not really my cup of tea ( wimp ). After that adventure we decided to go to Cookies BBQ for lunch, which was as delicious as ever, and the servers were coming around with Mickey Bars so of course it was rude to refuse. The Mickey Bars had not been available on the crossing so this was our first time to get one on the cruise, so you can imagine the excitement. Although in my excitement I clearly forgot to photograph this momentous event.

After lunch we headed back to the family beach and comandeered some longers near the ocean, where we stayed for the rest of the afternoon, until we were reluctantly ushered back to the ship.

On the way back we stopped off to take lots of photos,

DSCF8910.jpg

DSCF8911.jpg

DSCF8912.jpg

DSCF8913.jpg

DSCF8916.jpg

DSCF8923.jpg

DSCF8924.jpg

DSCF8925.jpg

DSCF8926.jpg

As Castaway Cay is clearly one of the most photogenic locations in the world ... I will have to continue in the next post:

Sorry … lots more photos … just couldn't help myself …...

DSCF8937.jpg

DSCF8940.jpg

DSCF8941.jpg

DSCF8942.jpg

DSCF8946.jpg

DSCF8947.jpg

DSCF8948.jpg

DSCF8950.jpg

DSCF8939.jpg

DSCF8952.jpg

DSCF8953.jpg

DSCF8954.jpg

DSCF8956.jpg

DSCF8949.jpg

DSCF8959.jpg

DSCF8961.jpg

DSCF8963.jpg

DSCF8965.jpg

DSCF8967.jpg

DSCF8968.jpg

Bottle mail ......

DSCF8969.jpg

including these of the now lost and lamented Flying Dutchman.

DSCF8914.jpg

DSCF8915.jpg

We remembered to wash the sand off our feet before going on board:

DSCF8971.jpg

All too soon we were back on board and we grabbed a cocktail for sailaway, before getting ready for the performance of Remember the Magic …. a very sad show indeed, which always makes me cry, as it is this moment when it hits home that our cruise is really coming to an end, and I can't stay on this beautiful ship forever, and that I have to go and pack my bags ready for bag pick up at 11pm. In between the show and dinner I rushed back to the cabin and rather haphazardly packed the bags. We found our stateroom host Loyd and gave him his tip envelope and a gift for all his wonderful service.

DSCF8985.jpg

Random photo of our door before I took down all the magnets.

DSCF8986.jpg

We then went to dinner for the last time with our wonderful tablemates, and our DIS neighbours. There were lots of hugs, tears and photos being taken all around.

DSCF8989.jpg

DSCF8990.jpg

DSCF8991.jpg

DSCF8987.jpg

DSCF8988.jpg

We gave out our tip envelopes and gifts for our servers and thanked them for all their amazing service during the 2 weeks. It was very sad.. After dinner we went to watch the end of John Charles performance, just so we could see the fabulous cruise staff doing their “If I were not upon the sea” routine in the Walt Disney Theatre. There was a bit of an unexpected addition to the act in the shape of two ballerinas !! Unfortunately I was too far away from the stage for any decent photographs.

After this performance we headed up on deck with a bottle of champagne and had a last drink with Michael and Michele. All too soon it was time for our last night sleeping on the Disney Magic.

What lovely photos of Castaway Cay and a fab day too Sarah :) Castaway Cay day is so bittersweet, as we're so excited about getting to the island, but then we know it's the last day of the cruise too ::yes::

Well done on doing your 5k walk/run, you did really well :thumbsup2

You can never post/take enough photos of Castaway Cay Sarah:)

Well done on completing the 5k walk.

What lovely photos of Castaway Cay and a fab day too Sarah :) Castaway Cay day is so bittersweet, as we're so excited about getting to the island, but then we know it's the last day of the cruise too ::yes::

Well done on doing your 5k walk/run, you did really well :thumbsup2

You can never post/take enough photos of Castaway Cay Sarah:)

Well done on completing the 5k walk.

Thank you both ... it wan't easy that morning when the sun was shining and the beach was calling, but once I had done it I was glad that I did.

another great update

Thanks Jackie :thumbsup2 Nearly at the end now ... need to finish this report before I go to WDW on 1st July.

Hi Sarah
Just caught up on your report, we are going on the Magic in October and you have made me look forward to it even more. :goodvibes

All caught up with your report, I was really behind! You've worn lots of lovely dresses, esp the one at Palo, and done a great variety of things, sadly DH doesn't fancy an ocean crossing cruise so i'll never get to try it myself.

Hi Sarah
Just caught up on your report, we are going on the Magic in October and you have made me look forward to it even more. :goodvibes

Thanks Tony ..... we will bring the Magic over safe and sound for you :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Will it be your first cruise?

All caught up with your report, I was really behind! You've worn lots of lovely dresses, esp the one at Palo, and done a great variety of things, sadly DH doesn't fancy an ocean crossing cruise so i'll never get to try it myself.

Thanks Claire ... I wish they still fitted me :sad2::sad2: Maybe your DH will change his mind when he gets as old as us :rotfl2:

Oh Sarah, I have just spent the last hour or so reading the whole trip report, and I have to say it was wonderful, your photos are lovely and as somebody else mentioned your dresses were lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this all out and letting us share the Magic with you...wonderful:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Joining in. Your cruise sounds like it was amazing and wow what alot of dissers on the one ship :)

Oh Sarah, I have just spent the last hour or so reading the whole trip report, and I have to say it was wonderful, your photos are lovely and as somebody else mentioned your dresses were lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this all out and letting us share the Magic with you...wonderful:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you Sue ..... it was indeed a wonderful trip. :cloud9::cloud9:

Joining in. Your cruise sounds like it was amazing and wow what alot of dissers on the one ship :)

Thank you ... there were quite a few, and it's looking the same way for September 2011 too :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!