Our first Christmas at the World...Update 9/7 Pg 9

I loved your last trip report!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Sorry I missed your post. :welcome: Glad you can join the party. :grouphug:
Great Update!

Oh, how I miss WL. We were all the way at the end of that floor facing the lake. It is quite a walk.
I know exactly what you mean.

OH NO! No duster, no luggage AND a dirty fridge! Not a great way to start off. I do hope DW was able to upgrade you to something better. Your pictures are incredible of course! I want the hot chocolate with all the cream on top! That looks delicious!
Thank you GoofyFairie. Yes. The hot chocolate was quite tasty even in mild weather. ;)
On our last trip we had the room across the hall from you overlooking Otter Pond. We loved it. It was quiet all day and at night-we could see Wishes from our balcony! :cloud9: I was so happy that I could watch the fireworks every night after the kids had fallen asleep.
There is nothing quite like a personal Wishes firework isn't it? :woohoo:

TD, I hope things start looking up for you and DW. After the last trip you really deserve it! I can't wait to hear what happens next! popcorn:: You are such a great story teller!
Thank you. Pixie dust should be on its' way soon!!! pixiedust:

P.S. Thanks for the picture of Duffy. I have to talk to the Easter Bunny about delivering a couple the next time he's here. ;)
There are a couple version of Duffy. I believe there is a sailor version which is very popular.

Good for you two for not getting snippy with the CMs about the room issues. Cannot say I would have been as polite...

Does your DW's family live around the Greenville area? I grew up about 45 minutes west of there. The scenery looked all too familiar.

Love the pictures, as always!
Thank you PrincessBelle09. I am usually pretty calm about these things. It's DW I have to worry about. :lmao:

Yes, my SIL lives in a small town called La Grange which is about 30 minutes west from Greenville. The closest big town is Goldsboro. The pictures you see with the family gathering is at a franchise call "Andy's Burgers, Shakes and Fries" at La Grange. Food was quite good.

Hi there, joing in. Love your TR so far. Your pics are great and I really enjoyed the video. Here's hoping for an upgrade...you really deserve it. Can't wait to read more. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in October so I'm hoping they treated you nice.:thumbsup2
Linda
Welcome to the party shadowryter. Glad you enjoyed the video. I still have plenty more to process. Stay tune! We did Wilderness Lodge on October a few years ago. It was great. I hope you plan to do the MNSSHP.
oh wow!

another top dog report. First thing I checked for was to see if you had the camera bag. Whew - glad it came with you.

so I'm signed on to see how your adventure went this time
Hi DisGal520.:wave2:
Glad you join the party. After the last trip incident, I practically sew the camera bag on my hip this time. :rotfl2:

LOVED the room pics! HATED that you received poor service the first night. What view is that considered?

Sounds like you had an eventful night with the room...I can't believe that at a deluxe resort, there wasn't anyone that would clean out your fridge, and left your luggage hanging! That just seems so odd to me! Hopefully the rest of your trip is better than your first night's experience.

Once again, great pictures!

So we proceed to get on the elevator and go check out our room. It is imperative you know the location of room 4007. I brought home a copy of the Wilderness Lodge footprint layout so you have an idea where the room is at. I marked the room location with a Green circle.

Thanks for the map TG! It’s great to get a perspective on where you were located.

Once we get into the room, I took my usual room pictures and the balcony view pictures.
They look great!

During the wipe down, DW discovered there were some half empty bottles in the fridge like orange juice that must’ve left from the previous guest. She immediately called the front desk and explained the issue. They apologized and said some one will be up there immediately to clean up the fridge.
Uh-oh

However, this time I am arm with my Disney reward card from my Disney Visa and I have already accumulate 200 Disney reward points. That can be use as $200.
Sweet!

I was shocked some what how pricey was the menu. I kept my mouth shut about the price because I am sure DW would told me “Don’t be a tight wart!” :rotfl2:

This picture might not look much but I was so impress how this shot came out. The lightning actually was very dim in person. I can hardly see the faces of these guys. I was surprise how much light the new camera has picked up. For those who are into photography, this shot was taking with 3200 ISO at 1/80 sec with 1.4 f/stop.
I’m impressed too TD! GREAT low light shot! What type of lens were you using? Sounds like the 1.4 was the key as 2.8 would have bumped you to 1/40 which is nearly impossible to do handheld.

As soon as we parked the car and walked pass the “drop zone” at the resort, I notice our luggage was still sitting on the cart outside with the greeter.
This can’t end well.

15 minutes or so later, DW came back and said we need to pack everything back. I said “huh?”. DW said the front desk told her there is no one at Mousekeeper that late to clean the fridge. (It was about 8:45pm at the time.) I thought this just keep getting better by the minute and we are at the World barely 4.5 hours. DW continues "Our only other option is..." I said “huh?” again. popcorn::
Yikes!

What a cliffhanger!

Looking forward to more!

subbing - love your photos, especially the 4 man band an the Ghiradellis. The sharpness and lack of noise at higher iso is great.

Great update! Sorry to hear about the fridge and your luggage. Have to wonder if anyone questioned why your luggage with jacket were still sitting outside! Now patiently waiting to hear how it all turns out...popcorn::

Hey TD! I've been waiting and waiting for your TR, but didn't think you started it yet because it wasn't showing in my subscribed threads. I forgot that your thread I was following was on the pre-TR boards. Duh! Well, I'm here now, so let me get started reading.:)

OK TD -- getting impatient here! And you've even had some snow days, and none of your terrific pics have shown up here recently! What gives?????

Sorry my TR got stalled. Between the snowy weather here at northeast and work at the office, it took up a lot of my time. (It can take 2 to 3 hours of shoveling to clean my driveway.)

Processing photos took a lot of time too. I promise I will have some thing to post soon. :surfweb::surfweb:

LOVED the room pics! HATED that you received poor service the first night. What view is that considered?
That's courtyard view facing southeast.
Sounds like you had an eventful night with the room...I can't believe that at a deluxe resort, there wasn't anyone that would clean out your fridge, and left your luggage hanging! That just seems so odd to me! Hopefully the rest of your trip is better than your first night's experience.

Once again, great pictures!
Thanks. It's a little annoying to me but everything did get resolved. It could've been worse.
subbing - love your photos, especially the 4 man band an the Ghiradellis. The sharpness and lack of noise at higher iso is great.
Thanks Revan. The new gear really impress me.
Great update! Sorry to hear about the fridge and your luggage. Have to wonder if anyone questioned why your luggage with jacket were still sitting outside! Now patiently waiting to hear how it all turns out...popcorn::
That's what really make me wonder too. It sat there for over 3 hours and the girl behind the desk admit she knew it sat there for that long. Yet, no one ask shouldn't it go some where?? It's the only cart that sat there. Not like there were a bunch of them waiting to get deliver. Go figure.
Hey TD! I've been waiting and waiting for your TR, but didn't think you started it yet because it wasn't showing in my subscribed threads. I forgot that your thread I was following was on the pre-TR boards. Duh! Well, I'm here now, so let me get started reading.:)
Hi Teresa. So glad you make it.
OK TD -- getting impatient here! And you've even had some snow days, and none of your terrific pics have shown up here recently! What gives?????
LOL... Hello mecllap. I wasn't sure any one wants to see snow pictures here. We are getting another snow storm on Wednesday and temperature will drop below zero after. :headache:
And I'm in.

Can't wait for more.
Hello DisneyGuy. Glad you can join us. I will post some thing soon.

Just finished reading your first installment. Great start! You are a wonderful story teller.:thumbsup2 Loved your video. I saved it to my favorites so that whenever I need a dose of WL, I can just watch it again. Loved your DW's expression when she came out of the doors at Wilderness, wondering what was taking you so long.:)

Obviously, our only other option was moving to another room. I was thinking, “Upgrade is always a 50/50 chance, so I brace myself to see where are we moving to.”

DW said, “They moved us to 5th floor @ room 5167 and we still have our Courtyard view.”

P1010253.jpg
GF1

I said, “That’s not too bad.”

DW said, “Because they already moved our room in the computer system, our current KTTW no longer work since the CM gave us a new set of KTTW for the new room.”

I said, “What’s all that mean?”

DW said, “That means once we close the door on our current room, the current key won’t let us open the door anymore.”

My mind began to spin from that point and mumble, “How are we going to move all our luggage?” We just went through the luggage ordeal.

DW said, “We can call the bell service to move all our bags at once.”

I said, “That isn’t going to happen. I would rather move all the bags myself.” And that’s exactly what I did. Not sure if that’s a smart thing to do. Since we have so many bags, I thought if I can make two runs first then DW and I carry the rest of the bag on the third run.

I began to load up my first run immediately. One large bag on wheels and stack a couple of medium size bags on top then carry a couple of smaller size bags on my shoulder and off I go. This would be a good time to look at the WL maps again. Of course, at the time, I didn’t consult the map. All I can think was how bad can that be?? But looking from the map, the new room was completely at the opposite wing from where we were. On top of that, I have to go one flight up.

I marked the route in RED.
WL_Map2.jpg

So I dragged the luggage through the forever long hall way, go up one floor and then go through another long hall way in order to get to the other wing. Once I got into the new room, I quickly dropped off all the luggage and did a quick check on the room itself and the bathroom. When I was just about to run back to the original room, I heard some loud booming noise from next door. First thing it came to my mind was some one is partying next door but I didn’t here any human noise. The booming noise just kept on going. I then thought may be some one was doing fixing work next door and they were working late trying to get it done. But suddenly, it darn on me and I went out to the balcony. As soon as I open the balcony door, I can hear the booming noise gets even louder. I reached out the balcony and look to the left. There it was…it was the Wishes firework. Obviously, from the position of the balcony, the firework was behind the other wings. But the firework was high enough that I can see pretty much every thing. It’s almost like a private firework AT WL.

I only stick around for no more than 15 seconds because I need to run back for another run of the luggage. The second run is pretty much like the first. I ran down the long hallway, took the elevator one floor below, ran another long hallway. Picked up more luggage and did every thing in reverse. I thought each run took about 20 minutes.

By the time I got back to the room for the last run, I can barely raise my arms. I told DW this is it. We can get every thing out now. She picked up as many bags as she can which isn’t a whole lot left. I have the camera bag on my back. A tray of bottled water in my arms plus a couple of small bags and off we go. As we were walking down the hallway, DW asked how the heck I dragged all those luggage through such long hallway? I don’t even have the energy to answer because my face was turning green. :sick:

Once we got into the new room, DW examed the room like she always does and every thing seem to be in order. Although I did forgot one thing with the new room, I did not check the small fridge when I first got there. I was thinking. Oh crap! If this fridge was dirty, I am doom. I open the small fridge slowly with my heart pound at my chest praying “please be empty…please by empty…”

Yes, the fridge was clean as a whistle. Whew…:cheer2:

We pretty much spend the rest of the night unpacking and then went to bed afterward. The new room is pretty much the same as the last room except every thing was the opposite. The beds were on the left side of the room before when we walk in. Now they are on the right. I can’t tell you if we had an upgrade or not but here is the view of the new room.
DIS_3291.jpg
D700

All I can tell you, this room is super quiet. :thumbsup2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I don’t have a whole lot of pictures on this post. I promise there will be plenty of pics from this point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have stayed at WL, and I can tell you, that is a very long walk. You must have felt like you would never get there. :scared1:

I'm glad the new room worked for you. I hope you were able to enjoy the fireworks on another evening. :lovestruc

Wow! That was a long way to drag all that stuff! So glad this room is working out for you. That was a beautiful view from your room. So what's for breakfast? I hope you have pics! popcorn::

Great update! What a walk!! Glad the whole room thing worked out. Love the view from the new room. Can't wait to hear what happens next!!popcorn::

Enjoyed reading your update and the Pollo Campero (sp?) review. In the pictures I felt like the portions looked a little small. Did you feel that way in person?

Glad to hear the room issue was resolved and that your luggage made it safely "home". Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter