• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Ordering Extra besides Dining Plan?

budafam

DIS Veteran
This will be the first time we're using the dining plan. If I want to order a milkshake or an appetizer somewhere (50's Prime Time for example), will they just bill me for that separately since it's not included on our dining plan? TIA!

Yep! The tip is not included, either, so even if you don't order anything extra you'll need to pay OOP for that every meal. It will all be on one receipt, but it will spell out what's covered by your dining plan and what needs to be paid for.

We've done this many times & just pay cash for the xtras! It's all very simple to read on the bill.

Have a great trip :)

BTW - Always ask what is included in the dining plan in each location. We had a milkshake under the dining plan at 50's Prime Time in June. You can't assume that is always the case in every location, but it never hurts to ask.

One thing they don't have flexibility with is appetizers. We haven't been able to switch those with anything else, so when we wants appetizers, we pay OOP. You will also pay OOP for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter