Operation Big Thunder: the Dole Whip Conspiracy COMPLETE

I know its days late for the quotes but I have two:

all drains lead to the ocean is Nemo

they say it has no memory - Shawshank Redemption

OK - back to the update!

Best pictures so far. Plenty of Christmas card options there. Love them all. :worship:

Love that little restaurants. But where was the Delaware license plate? I should probably turn the light on and I could see better. :rotfl: That burger looks really good, even at 7 am.

So tomorrow is Disney day? Woo hoo!!!! :banana: Can't wait!

My but y’all are up early. I’m having to work on this “holiday”…
what’s your reasons?

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I'll get them where I can. :lmao:

Good morning Randall

You know I’d give you the +1, but…
There are no points awarded for my quotes, only for the Captains.

I’ll give out points over on my TR just for reading the fool thing though (in case anyone is interested).

Gladiator!!! I get a point! (And I should get a bonus point for that movie being one of my favorites. And I should get another point just for being cool. Just sayin'.)

Actually, I suspect that the whole point system is just a ruse and you’ll be declared the winner by a unanimous voice vote in the end anyway.

All in favor…
:wave2:

And here's my hint for the lie:

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Really? Hummmmm…
Then it may be that we’re all wrong about this one.

Looking forward to the reveal.

As tempting as it is to call the license plate thing a lie (ie. you didn't find a DE plate), there had to be a DE plate amongst all of those in that restaurant. I think middlepat is right, I'll say that Scotty was playing with his soldiers and you came up with the idea that it was a re-creation of the Battle for Burnsides' Bridge.

I have to agree with Glenn, especially with all the hints you given. Sounds like he had some help with the set up. Did you also play with him too?

In fact I think you staged the entire battle and he wasn't involved at all! Not really but that'd be funny.

Looks like everyone's jumping on the battlefield bandwagon. Poor Scotty. Anyway, I'll tally up the points in a bit and then reveal the answer.

I would say fairly regular. What’s the point of having young’ens if you don’t intend to interact with them. Besides, I’ve read enough of your TR’s to know that they are playful and inquisitive kids. I don’t think that you actually drew on your boy (this time), but I believe you might have considered it, and I believe that under the right conditions, he’d have allowed it.

It would probably be a lot easier to count the times I'm NOT teasing them.

I know that both of those statements would have been true in my house (that is when my boy was a might younger at least).

Yeah, I'm dreading the day when I'm just plain un-cool. I mean, in their eyes. I know I'm already there in a general sense, but I still want to be the hero in the house, you know?

And that seems to be the popular choice. A pretty good one too if you ask me.

So why didn’t I go so far off base…

Well, partly to be different (if I’m right, not many others will have followed my example, that’s for certain), partly because I wanted to shake things up a bit, partly because I’m just a might daft, and partly because of the answer to your next question…

It's always a good idea to take the road less traveled. You never know when I'm leading folks astray.

The sentences in question that led me to completely loose my mind (and apparently to throw away any chance at 10 coveted points) were these two right here…

I could very well be very wrong (and even hope that I am to a certain extent)…
But what you’re getting here is an example of just how twisted my thought processes actually are.

I see. Well, I can confess that I am horrible at keeping secrets. Most of the time.

Y’all like film quotes.
OK…

"The path of flood. Only in the leap from the lion's head will he prove his worth.

It's... a leap of faith"

I may not have chosen wisely, but I have chosen
(Oh, and I do have faith in you’re ability to be quite sneaky.)

Actually… this is what I’m betting on here. It was still a monumental surprise, it just got revealed that evening rather then in the morning, and everyone in the house was up late talking excitedly about the journey to come.

I believe that you’ve already made it rather clear that I’m wrong, but I intend stand by my choice rather then jump onto the bandwagon.

All will be revealed...both to you guys, and the kids. In time.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I'll get them where I can. :lmao:

Well, I can't award points for others' quotes. That could get out of hand quickly!

I know its days late for the quotes but I have two:

all drains lead to the ocean is Nemo

they say it has no memory - Shawshank Redemption

Good job!

OK - back to the update!

Best pictures so far. Plenty of Christmas card options there. Love them all. :worship:

Thanks! We're always trying to find that good one.

Love that little restaurants. But where was the Delaware license plate? I should probably turn the light on and I could see better. :rotfl: That burger looks really good, even at 7 am.

I'm reading this at 11:19 a.m., and the burger looks even better.

So tomorrow is Disney day? Woo hoo!!!! :banana: Can't wait!

Well, not literally tomorrow. I mean, that would be awesome, but we couldn't afford another trip right now. So, it's just tomorrow in the story, which is actually in the past. So tomorrow already happened. Not in real life, of course, just in the story. So I'll work on updating what happened tomorrow in the story which was several weeks ago and try to get that updated before tomorrow. Got it?

Gladiator!!! I get a point! (And I should get a bonus point for that movie being one of my favorites. And I should get another point just for being cool. Just sayin'.)

+1:thumbsup2 That's the movie I was originally thinking of.

And +1:thumbsup2 bonus point for being cool.

And also to keep me from getting in trouble.

And here's my hint for the lie:

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

::yes::

My but y’all are up early. I’m having to work on this “holiday”…
what’s your reasons?

Working on Labor Day? That's un-American.

And as Julie explained, Scotty had us up bright and early.

Good morning Randall

You know I’d give you the +1, but…
There are no points awarded for my quotes, only for the Captains.

I’ll give out points over on my TR just for reading the fool thing though (in case anyone is interested).

We'll award Randall an Attaboy.

Actually, I suspect that the whole point system is just a ruse and you’ll be declared the winner by a unanimous voice vote in the end anyway.

All in favor…
:wave2:

She's already won. She married me. :woohoo::cool1:

Really? Hummmmm…
Then it may be that we’re all wrong about this one.

Looking forward to the reveal.

Coming soon...

ooo....I like this idea....

:rolleyes:

Rob did a pretty good job of summarizing the possible lies in this chapter, so here goes:

Barry thought the lie was that we ran out of pre-prepared dinners. Not the case. We had enough to get us through till Friday, and then went out for burgers on our last night.

Nobody went for the bait on me trying to sign Scotty's forehead in the restaurant. Of course I tried. I routinely torture my kids.

Nobody went for the bait on the DE license plate claim. I did not get a picture of it, but we did spot one on the wall. I would have had to be obnoxious with other folks in the restaurant in order to get it. And as you've figured out, I'm more obnoxious with people I know.

Most of you jumped on the bandwagon of Scotty's re-creation of Burnside's Bridge, figuring he needed help. Sorry, but my son really is that nerdy. Or our tour of the battlefield really did make that much of an impression on him. This was done before we had even had our morning coffee one day. I thought it was picture-worthy. It's great when you do something educational and find out the kids were actually listening.

So, that leaves Rob's claim that the surprise was spoiled sooner, and the kids already knew about the trip.

Well, that would make an awfully anti-clmactic TR, wouldn't it? It would have been a huge twist, but I couldn't do that to you. The kids still did not know where they were headed the next day.

The lie, as vamassey1 pointed out before changing her mind, was that we stayed up till midnight. As I mentioned in one response, being out in the sun all day (and most of the week) tired us and our friends out. Not only that, but we'd spent most of the evening trying to pack the van with as much as we could, so that meant lots of trips up and down the stairs. And I did play on sentimentality a bit with the wrap-up to the chapter. Of course we love our friends to death. But Julie and I are both Disney geeks to the core and couldn't wait to get the trip started the next day. We also knew we'd have to get up at 6:00 a.m. the following day. So we headed to bed around 10:00.

Up-to-date standings...

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 76
glennbo123 44
FreezinRafiki 22
eandesmom 11
MEK 10
afwdwfan 8
FauntleroyFAN07 4
shan23877 4
Cinderella's Fella 4
Wherem I Now 2
Mrs. Knowitall 2
vdub322 1
JESSketeer 1
Poolrat 1
vamassey1 1
TarzansKat 1
chloe770 1

I'd like to try and get the BIG chapter up sometime tonight, but I can't promise I'll have the time to work on it. I may take a break from the lies and movie quotes for that one, and just relate how it all went down.

Working on Labor Day? That's un-American.

What was supposed to be a couple of hours last night instead had me up to 2am and back at it this morning.
I’m done now, but I might as well not even have had a “holiday”.
:sad2:

The kids still did not know where they were headed the next day.

May I say that I’ve never been more pleased to have been wrong.
:goodvibes

The lie, as vamassey1 pointed out before changing her mind, was that we stayed up till midnight.

I did note that possibility as well. Didn’t go with it because staying up that late on a night when I had to drive all the next day is actually a rather common occurrence in my house.

As such... it didn’t seem all that farfetched.
:lmao:

The lie, as vamassey1 pointed out before changing her mind, was that we stayed up till midnight. As I mentioned in one response, being out in the sun all day (and most of the week) tired us and our friends out. Not only that, but we'd spent most of the evening trying to pack the van with as much as we could, so that meant lots of trips up and down the stairs. And I did play on sentimentality a bit with the wrap-up to the chapter. Of course we love our friends to death. But Julie and I are both Disney geeks to the core and couldn't wait to get the trip started the next day. We also knew we'd have to get up at 6:00 a.m. the following day. So we headed to bed around 10:00.

Up-to-date standings...

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 76
glennbo123 44
FreezinRafiki 22
eandesmom 11
MEK 10
afwdwfan 8
FauntleroyFAN07 4
shan23877 4
Cinderella's Fella 4
Wherem I Now 2
Mrs. Knowitall 2
vdub322 1
JESSketeer 1
Poolrat 1
vamassey1 1
TarzansKat 1
chloe770 1

I'd like to try and get the BIG chapter up sometime tonight, but I can't promise I'll have the time to work on it. I may take a break from the lies and movie quotes for that one, and just relate how it all went down.

I should have stuck with my gut and not let you sway my thoughts. Next time.....

What a wonderful week you had!!! Just the rest/relaxation you needed to get ready for your mission!!! Looking forward to more!

As for your Christmas card photo, I think they are all great!! Any of them would be perfect!!

What was supposed to be a couple of hours last night instead had me up to 2am and back at it this morning.
I’m done now, but I might as well not even have had a “holiday”.
:sad2:

Surely they will compensate by allowing you extra time off. :rolleyes:

May I say that I’ve never been more pleased to have been wrong.
:goodvibes

Yeah, that would have been pretty anti-climactic.

I did note that possibility as well. Didn’t go with it because staying up that late on a night when I had to drive all the next day is actually a rather common occurrence in my house.

As such... it didn’t seem all that farfetched.

We probably would have stayed up if we'd had any energy. We're getting old.

I should have stuck with my gut and not let you sway my thoughts. Next time.....

Yeah, I'm not very helpful, am I?

What a wonderful week you had!!! Just the rest/relaxation you needed to get ready for your mission!!! Looking forward to more!

As for your Christmas card photo, I think they are all great!! Any of them would be perfect!!

Thanks! It was a great week. And I'm glad you liked the pictures. :goodvibes

I should have stuck with my gut and not let you sway my thoughts.

He’s rather good at talking folks out of stuff.
Learned that one first hand a couple of updates ago.

Surely they will compensate by allowing you extra time off. :rolleyes:

Yah… they’ll compensate me with an opportunity to be paid less in the future.
You know… kind’a like a reward for hard work.

And don’t call me Shirley. ;)

Editor's Note: No lies in this chapter that are not called out as such. I just wanted to tell the story as it happened.

Saturday, July 21
Pawleys Island, SC
6:00 a.m.

It’s time. After months of planning, countless whispered conversations, hiding certain letters as they arrived in the mail, and speaking in code whenever people asked about our summer plans, the day is finally here. Julie and I get the kids up and dressed, and finish packing odds and ends, trying not to show our excitement. We pretend it’s a normal travel day, and a little sad that we’re leaving.

One thing you should know about me: I am terrible at keeping secrets. I can never resist dropping hints. And I usually drop one too many, and blow the surprise. This is not helped by the fact that Julie is a world-class mind reader. There have been several occasions when I’ve tried to surprise her with a date, gift, or something special and she figures it out every. single. time. Once I told her simply to keep a date open, and she proceeded to guess the exact restaurant and show we’d be going to. I don’t know how she does it.

But for this trip, I have dropped no hints.

Well, maybe a couple, but they were really small.

By 7:00 a.m., everyone’s ready to go, the last bags are packed, goodbyes have been said, and the gas tank is full. We wave to our friends one last time and roll down the driveway.

We drive a total of 1 mile.

IMG_5091.jpg

The Pawleys Island Bakery is emitting its siren call once again. If you’re going to be stuck in the van for 8 hours plus, you might as well start the trip with a gooey cinnamon roll as big as Princess Leia’s head.

All carbed up, we start the drive once again down US 17 into the Void. Not twenty minutes down the road, the kids are already begging for a movie. This is a good sign. Distractions will be welcome on this journey. We have them wait a bit, since it’s going to be a long drive. They want to know where we’re going.

Originally, we had planned to pretend that vacation was over and we were heading home, but we goofed. Ok, fine. I goofed. Sarah had asked how long our vacation would be, and we told her the truth: 2 weeks. Being ahead of her class in math skills, she quickly deduced that only one week had passed at the beach.

We tell them, “We’re going to make a couple of stops on the way back home.” This time, they notice we’re heading south. Dave thinks we’re going to Georgia.

This is a logical guess. We’ve stated repeatedly that we want to try and get our kids to all 50 states, and Georgia is the last state on the East Coast where the kids have never set foot. We will use this to our advantage. And, please note: we have not lied to our kids.

For the fifth time on this trip (and the third time on purpose), we cross the Arthur Ravenel bridge into Charleston. The city looks sleepy but beautiful on the bay. I ask the kids if they want to go check out the aircraft carrier. They roll their eyes and ask for a movie again. This time, as we reach the western edge of the city, we relent. They choose “The Incredibles”. My kids have excellent taste.

We bought the van used earlier in the year after our old one was totaled in an accident when a jetliner made an emergency landing on the interstate.

Not buying that? Would you believe we used it to ram through the gates of a burning orphanage to rescue the children?

Ok, how about: some idiot was intoxicated while driving and plowed into 8 cars stopped at a red light, including my wife? Thankfully, she was ok, but the van was now an expensive paperweight.

Anyway, the new (to us) van came with a DVD player, but not the remote control for the unit. The sound is played on an FM radio frequency and can be changed to any of 5 stations--if you have the remote control. Since we don’t, we’re stuck with only one station that can play the movie audio, and when you get near large cities, we usually lose the sound in static.

There is no such static to be found on US 17 between Charleston and I-95. In fact, there isn’t much of anything to be found on that stretch. Julie busies herself reading a 1,100-page Stephen King novel, while I...drive. Darth Vader says this is the fastest way, and we have learned to trust our ol’ buddy Darth. We pass a general store called the Carolina Cider Co. along the way that looks mildly interesting, but there’s no time for a stop. We’re on a mission from God. Ok, maybe that’s over-the-top.

You can imagine my relief when we finally reach I-95 south. And then imagine my disappointment when I glance at the GPS and it says it’ll be another 250 miles before the next turn. Might as well get comfortable.

We’re moving now. Traffic is flowing well--getting up early on a Saturday has paid off. We reach the Georgia border somewhere around 10:30 a.m. We make the announcement to the kids that they’ve completed the East Coast. And there is much rejoicing.

IMG_5093.jpg

Dave says, “I knew it!” I tell them that it seemed silly to be so close to Georgia and not pick up a new state for them. Dave now thinks we’re headed for Atlanta. We say nothing.

Georgia is wonderful for driving--it widens out to 3 lanes in each direction as soon as you hit the state line. This allows drivers to really open it up for clear sailing--or so I’ve heard. :rolleyes1 Occasionally, other sights catch our eye as well. Or maybe we're just bored.

IMG_5094.jpg

The Incredibles defeat Syndrome (spoiler warning) and the movie credits roll. We’re flying through Georgia. We stop at a rest area for a potty break and I call a fellow DIS Dad, who lives near the Florida border, DisneyFed. I’d talked to him when making vacation plans about possibly meeting up on our way down at the Florida welcome center, and he had told me to give him a call when we reached Georgia. I know that explaining the Florida stop is going to be tough, but it’s worth it to meet up with the Dads.

DisneyFed does not answer his phone. I guess it’s possible he has already taken steps to block my number. I leave a message for him.

We continue on our way. It’s getting close to lunchtime. We decide to stop at a Chick-Fil-A in Kingsland, GA. We call Fed again and there’s still no answer. I joke to Julie that it would be funny to run into him at the restaurant. While we’re there getting our meal, I post an update to Facebook, thanks to the free wireless: “3 miles from the Florida line. Kids still have no idea.”

When we’d left for Pawleys a week earlier, I’d worn a Myrtle Beach t-shirt as a clue to our destination to see if the kids would pick up on it. They didn’t, and I had fun pointing it out later.

On this day, I’m wearing my Expedition Everest t-shirt. Julie is wearing Mickey earrings.

The kids don’t notice.

Bellies full and cows happy, we hit the road again. I’m thinking that missing out on meeting Fed may be a blessing in disguise--we don’t need a stop at the Florida welcome center. But I still worry about how to explain the “Welcome To Florida” sign we’re about to pass. But the kids extend a lifeline:

“Can we watch another movie?”

Sure! With lightning speed, Julie has them load up Phineas & Ferb and the 2nd Dimension. They enter a brand new reality. We enter Florida.

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

They miss the sign. Julie and I exchange a look, but say nothing. Maybe, just maybe, we can pull this off.

But we’re just starting to run the Gauntlet now.

Time passes, and we drive into the Jacksonville area. Scotty looks over and says, “That looks like a neat city.” We grunt agreement. Then he spots EverBank Field, the home of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

“I see a stadium!” Uh oh. “Is that where the Falcons play?”

“No,” I answer.

“Is it the University of Georgia?” Dave asks.

“No,” I answer, cringing for the next guess. But it never comes. The kids drop the interrogation and go back to the movie.

We keep driving. Now we’re passing the St. Augustine area. David and I have been here before--we went to the Players Championship golf tournament in 2011 near Jacksonville and stayed in St. Augustine. As we drive, we pass a huge billboard showing the iconic island-green 17th hole at that golf course. Dave, watching the movie, doesn’t see it.

We keep driving. The movie ends and we make another rest area stop just north of Daytona. Julie and I are practically bouncing off the walls now. About 90 miles to go. We want to start another movie, but the static on the radio station is becoming overwhelming. That's a no-go.

The kids have pulled out their Nintendo DS’s and are entranced by various Lego games as we pass through Daytona. We hit the exit for I-4 (big signs for Orlando). As we make the turn, we pass 3 GINORMOUS BILLBOARDS PROCLAIMING Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Soarin’ at Epcot, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Julie and I exchange another look, and hold our breath. I may or may not have given the van some extra gas.

The kids don’t notice.

We keep driving. Less than an hour to go now. The greater Orlando area is starting to loom in the distance. First we reach residential development, then more and more commercial. And the kids have to go to the bathroom again.

We’re 26 miles from Orlando. The kids are relieved. Julie and I are relieved to be on the road again. The Gauntlet has intensified. Disney billboards are starting to pop up everywhere. We don’t know how far we can get before the kids will spot them.

20 miles to go, and disaster strikes: Dave’s battery on his DS runs out. He shuts it off and watches the other 2 play their games. But every so often, he looks up and gets his bearings. And then, a sentence we didn’t want to hear:

“Hey Sarah, look! Harry Potter World!” Dave has spotted a billboard. :eek:

IMG_6229.jpg

Sarah: “Stop bothering me, I’m trying to play this game.”

We’re now entering downtown Orlando. There are ORLANDO signs everywhere. We pass the Amway Arena, home of the Orlando Magic.

The only sounds from the back seat are the Lego games, only slightly less repetitive than It’s A Small World. We pass through Orlando without incident.

We keep driving. Now, we’re getting regular updates as Dave sees more and more billboards. “Hey, look! Epcot!” “Hey, look! Donald Duck!” “Hey, look! Mission: Space!”

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

Finally, the question comes: “Why are there so many Disney billboards?”

I speak up first. “It’s a really major highway. So they want to do a lot of advertising here.” But it’s Julie that comes up with the brilliant clincher:

“It’s a lot like South of the Border. Remember all those billboards they had for miles? They’re just trying to attract people to go.” That seems to satisfy him. Scotty and Sarah keep playing their games. I bite my tongue and Julie swallows. We’re under 10 miles to go. Almost to the gates. Wouldn’t it be great if we could just...

I see brake lights activating on all of the cars in front of me. Every lane, slowing down. First to a cruise, then to a crawl. Then a dead stop. There’s no movement. Just under 6 miles to go, right where I-4 meets FL 528 coming from the airport, everything stops. We can see cars and trucks on the overpass looking to enter I-4. They’re not moving. Julie and I are doing the silent scream. The butterflies are in the stomach, so close to springing the surprise.

IMG_5105.jpg

:headache:

A few minutes pass. A couple of emergency vehicles pass us on the shoulder, and we know there’s an accident up ahead. Slowly, we start to crawl forward. We wait some more. At one point, I shift into park due to the lack of movement. Then we start to crawl again. Now there’s a new complication. Someone up ahead tried to change lanes (because changing lanes always helps in a traffic jam, right?) and stalled in the middle of both lanes. Now he’s blocking ours and the one on our right. People are trying to squeeze around him. Finally, someone gets out and helps push him to the shoulder.

IMG_5106.jpg

After a 20-minute delay, we’re moving again. We hit the last part of the Gauntlet: the green highway signs are now proclaiming the exits for Disney World.

IMG_6247.jpg

Dave, fully alert now, reads the first one: “Epcot. Downtown Disney.”

That’s all he says. We fly past, and we hear an audible sigh from the back seat.

“Awww...We’re not going to Epcot.”

God bless him. He’s got all of the pieces to the puzzle bouncing around in his brain, but hasn’t quite matched up the jigs and the saws.

Julie and I are about to burst. Dave goes back to watching Scotty and his Lego Pirates. We take the next exit. The kids don’t say anything. After we pass the exit signs, I make sure there’s no give-aways. I want the first thing they notice to be the Disney World gates. I can’t believe we’ve made it this far. Julie has been poking my arm so much I think it’s started to bruise.

“Kids, turn the games off. I have something to tell you,” I say. They listen to their father, obey, and turn their--

Wait a minute, let me soak this one in for a second.

They LISTEN TO THEIR FATHER, OBEY, AND TURN THEIR GAMES OFF. I’m not sure this has ever happened so quickly before. In fact, it happened too quickly. It’s a bit farther to the Disney gates than I realized, and they’re not in sight yet. So I have to stall.

“Yes?” Sarah asks. “What did you want to tell us?”

“Ummm...”

Darth announces that I have to keep right. I use that to stall a bit. “Hang on, Darth Vader keeps talking to me,” I say.

Finally, we are on the homestretch. Sarah wants to know what was so important that she couldn’t play her DS.

I tell them we’ve actually been in Florida for about 3 hours. And we’re really close to our final destination.

“Are we going to Disney World?” Sarah asks. I pause. Still can’t see the gates. How long is this @#$% entrance road, anyway?

They suddenly yell that they see a sign for Disney World. It’s not the official gate, so I play dumb. I ask if they can confirm that. Finally, we see the glorious site of the welcome gate.

“It says...Disney World,” Dave says.

“What was that?” Julie asks.

“IT SAYS DISNEY WORLD!” Sarah shouts.

IMG_5108.jpg

“Is that ok?” we ask. “Is it ok if we spend a few days here?”

“Yes! I was secretly hoping we were going to Disney World!” Sarah proclaims. Dave agrees that it’s ok to be at Disney World. And Scotty gives a silent scream. He raises his hands in triumph, opens his mouth...and nothing comes out. He tries again, and gives a tiny screech. He sounds like a baby pterodactyl.

“Oh, for pete’s sake, I can’t even scream!” he says. Finally, he gets it going.

Poor Julie is trying to juggle the video camera and the real camera, trying to get video of the kids’ reaction and a picture of the gates at the same time.

IMG_5110.jpg

Somehow, through 8 hours of driving, countless Florida/Orlando/Disney signs, and months of keeping my big trap shut, we made it all the way to the Disney World gates before the kids discovered the secret. They didn't go nuts right away, but they were definitely thrilled. And somehow, we pulled this off without lying to the kids. Operation Big Thunder is a resounding success.

Coming Up Next: Hey, where are we staying, anyway?

If you'd like to watch the video of the kids' reaction (be warned, there is a little dead space in there), I've posted it here: http://youtu.be/_siXC720bSw

There is no such static to be found on US 17 between Charleston and I-95. In fact, there isn’t much of anything to be found on that stretch. Julie busies herself reading a 1,100-page Stephen King novel, while I...drive. Darth Vader says this is the fastest way, and we have learned to trust our ol’ buddy Darth. We pass a general store called the Carolina Cider Co. along the way that looks mildly interesting, but there’s no time for a stop. We’re on a mission from God. Ok, maybe that’s over-the-top.

Blues Brothers

You made it. :faint: What a relief!!! I am so glad that the mission was successful! :yay::yay: That is one pretty cool surprise! That last picture captures the excitment perfectly! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter