"Only Heaven Is Better than Disney World": Live TR 8/24

Great TR. I am really enjoying the Disney "fix" I am getting. I still have about nine more months before I can go back. :sad2:

You may have already answered this, so I appologize if you are repeating yourself. I have not read all the comments, just the TR. What kind of phone do you have? The photos are fabulous!

Also, in the photo you posted of the hippos, did you notice the people in the background? I have never seen people during the safari, except, of course, those in the other trucks. Pretty cool shot.

Am looking forward to the rest of your TR. I hope your feet feel better. Have you ever tried Merrell shoes? I wear the Merrell mocs every time I go to WDW and have never had any problems, blisters or even hot spots. They are not very attractive shoes, but I wouldn't wear anything else.

And congrats on your engagement! DH and I just celebrated 21 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jane! I'm glad to see you found this trip report. I KNEW you'd enjoy it!!

YAY!!! :cool1: I am sooo loving these updates! :thumbsup2 So sorry you weren't feeling well - hope you are better now! Could it maybe have been from eating so late last night?? :confused3 Can't wait to hear about DTD!!! :goodvibes

The picture of the razor in 'bed' with two (scandalous!) toothbrushes made me :lmao: In fact, it still makes me chuckle when I think of it.

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well this morning! But for 8 bucks, that water should cure all illness... it should have even cured your blisters!

YAY!!! :cool1: I am sooo loving these updates! :thumbsup2 So sorry you weren't feeling well - hope you are better now! Could it maybe have been from eating so late last night?? :confused3 Can't wait to hear about DTD!!! :goodvibes

I think it probably was from eating so late! I had really weird dreams all night too! My stomach is feeling much better, but I did get a bit dizzy earlier at Epcot, which I think was a combination of not enough water, too much heat, and a couple of drinks! Luckily, that passed too :)

The picture of the razor in 'bed' with two (scandalous!) toothbrushes made me :lmao: In fact, it still makes me chuckle when I think of it.

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well this morning! But for 8 bucks, that water should cure all illness... it should have even cured your blisters!

It made me laugh when I saw it too :rotfl: For eight dollars that water should have been from the fountain of life!

I hope your stomach calmed down enough to enjoy the dining for the rest of the day. I can't wait to hear about Le Cellier!!!

We got off at the Marketplace bus stop at Downtown Disney.

811b4cda.jpg

589426c6.jpg

Our first stop was to grab some lunch!

06e5d564.jpg

There was a long line at Earl of Sandwich, but it moved pretty quickly. I ordered the Chinese chicken salad wrap, and my fiancé got the Caribbean jerk chicken sandwich. I also picked up a side of macaroni salad, and we got a cookie to split. Everything was very tasty.

ea663093.jpg

70266f90.jpg

50d1a6ee.jpg

Once our tummies were filled, we headed on over to the shops.

First up:

efe51363.jpg

72d4716e.jpg

This store had a lot of cool oversized toys in it.

6a5eb4a4.jpg

d6b5e07b.jpg

I ended up buying my friend's daughter a princess lunchbox here, but I forgot to take a picture and can't now since it won't be delivered to the resort until later today.

Next, we looked around in Tren-D and Team Mickey.

c210dffe.jpg

They had a lot of cute clothes in here, but nothing that we wanted to buy, so we headed on to...

2647cbc9.jpg

I ended up getting a Mickey ears charm for my mom here, but once again, forgot to take a picture! I will post one once it gets delivered to the resort.

Such a huge store deserves another picture:

a387a098.jpg

After WoD, we hit up the Lego store. We didn't buy anything, but I took lots of pictures.

9c80e9e1.jpg

99f3f88d.jpg

cd5fb751.jpg

675c93ea.jpg

7e3ce17c.jpg

c8923f83.jpg

e090c600.jpg

We stopped by the discount store (don't remember its name), but nothing really appealed to us.

Finally, we visited the Christmas store.

04d11fa7.jpg

b6482d79.jpg

e86a143b.jpg

Last year, we got an ornament with our name and date at the Christmas store in MK, so we wanted to make it a tradition to get one every year. We found two we liked, but when we went to check out, they said they couldn't be personalized until tomorrow morning. That meant they wouldn't be ready for resort delivery before we check out, and we weren't planning on coming back to DTD so we couldn't pick them up. We decided to look for them at MK instead because they seem to be able to personalize them more quickly.

After the Christmas store, we headed over to catch a bus to the Beach Club since there isn't a direct bus to Epcot.

More on our Epcot evening as soon as I can!

Thanks again to everyone for reading!

As I mentioned in my last post, we had to take the bus to the Beach Club yesterday afternoon because there isn't any bus service to Epcot from DTD. The Beach Club is such a beautiful resort, and you can't beat the location. I would love to stay there on a future trip!

184e8a11.jpg

View of Boardwalk from Beach Club

67788f3a.jpg

We entered Epcot through the International Gateway and headed toward France.

7b48f682.jpg

The gardens are a-maze-ing...alright, no more corny jokes!

bbd7e8a5.jpg

We checked out some of the stores, and I found this guy hiding in the wine shop.

2d9e9f23.jpg

As we passed the Boulangerie Patisserie, we wanted to try something sweet but weren't hungry enough to each get our own snack. Instead, we split a strawberry tart.

4fc8173e.jpg

0503fcce.jpg

It was the perfect size to each get a little taste without feeling overstuffed.

On our way out of France, we got a Grand Marnier slushie to share and headed on to Morocco.

7a97d7fd.jpg

a05f9a03.jpg

We arrived at Morocco just in time to see Mo'Rockin and the belly dancer.

bb3734be.jpg

After we watched them for a little bit, we headed back to the shops and were greeted by a cast member from the Moroccan quick service restaurant on the way. He wanted to know where we were from, and we asked him how long he was working at Disney and how he likes it. Since he was so nice, I got a picture of him and my fiancé.

d5c7fd5c.jpg

We enjoyed walking through the shops and looking at the exhibit area, but we didn't end up buying anything this time.

43364d15.jpg

9cd09243.jpg

3243ac8a.jpg

08b5832b.jpg

Next up: Picking a pearl in Japan

Love all your Ohana pictures! Do you know how long you were there, by any chance? I have a 5:00 dinner ADR there before we do the Christmas party in November and I was just wondering how long dinner takes! I hope it's not longer than an hour, or I might have to change it! :)

I love the BC pictures too! :lovestruc I loved staying there in May, I have to go back and visit in November, it's just so beautiful there! DTD looked like fun too! :cool1:

I will dream of the Ohana bread pudding :lmao: It is that good!
and $8.00 for a bottle of water! :eek: I know stuff at WDW is expensive but I thought $2.50 for a bottle was bad....ouch. You look like you guys are having a great time and the weather looks like it has been really good for you two also...here's to more great days!:cool2:

Wow! Im in. Thanks for taking the time to post this TR. We are going in Nov and your report is making me even more excited, if thats possible! We are eating at many of the same places too. Looking forward to Chefs as we have never been there before. Reading your report there are still so many things we have never done/seen.

As far as your feet go I always go with Teva's and have never had a problem. They are great for water rides too because they dry quickly. Nothing worse than blisters at the world, sorry:sad1:

Have you tried the app on your phone that posts wait times to rides? I heard a little about it but don't know too much about it but I am going to check it out. How's that for a run on sentence, teach?

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Ill be following along, thanks:cheer2:

Love all your Ohana pictures! Do you know how long you were there, by any chance? I have a 5:00 dinner ADR there before we do the Christmas party in November and I was just wondering how long dinner takes! I hope it's not longer than an hour, or I might have to change it! :)

I love the BC pictures too! :lovestruc I loved staying there in May, I have to go back and visit in November, it's just so beautiful there! DTD looked like fun too! :cool1:

It took us about an hour or an hour and fifteen minutes. Hope this helps!

I will dream of the Ohana bread pudding :lmao: It is that good!
and $8.00 for a bottle of water! :eek: I know stuff at WDW is expensive but I thought $2.50 for a bottle was bad....ouch. You look like you guys are having a great time and the weather looks like it has been really good for you two also...here's to more great days!:cool2:

I know! I will never complain about the $2.50 water again!

Wow! Im in. Thanks for taking the time to post this TR. We are going in Nov and your report is making me even more excited, if thats possible! We are eating at many of the same places too. Looking forward to Chefs as we have never been there before. Reading your report there are still so many things we have never done/seen.

As far as your feet go I always go with Teva's and have never had a problem. They are great for water rides too because they dry quickly. Nothing worse than blisters at the world, sorry:sad1:

Have you tried the app on your phone that posts wait times to rides? I heard a little about it but don't know too much about it but I am going to check it out. How's that for a run on sentence, teach?

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Ill be following along, thanks:cheer2:

Chefs was definitely one of my top meals! I am sure you will love it! I tried the wait times app a couple of times, but the waits have been so manageable that we didn't really have to use it much! Hey, at least you knew it was a run-on; many of my students don't!

Great - another trip update!!! And you are wearing your new shirt - I love it! In fact, I like the color so much I may have to get that color too (in addition to my green one) :thumbsup2

We had transportation issues at the Poly when we stayed there a few years ago. We were right next to the TTC and did all our transportation from there.

After leaving Morocco, we headed over to Japan and caught the drum show on the way in.

bda1752b.jpg

We were about to go in the department store when I started to feel a little dizzy, so my fiancé suggested I sit down while he went to go get us a bottle of water.

I felt better once I had some water, so we went into the department store. I kept debating on whether or not to pick a pearl because I had just done it last year. My fiancé said he would treat me to a pearl and then once I picked it, I could decide whether I wanted to have it set here or take it home and do it there. He paid for the pearl, and they gave us a number. A few people were in front of us, and then it was our turn.

dd888465.jpg

3f6eba12.jpg

2920c1f4.jpg

ef2963d9.jpg

edc2016c.jpg

be285bc8.jpg

After you've picked your pearl, the lady there plays the drum to celebrate.

0ae88f5f.jpg

25b34834.jpg

Once I got my pearl, I decided I did want to get it set here, and I picked out a pretty silver bracelet with little hearts to set it in. They told us it would be ready in a half an hour, so we headed back out to the Showcase with the plan to stop back after dinner to pick it up.

We had transportation issues at the Poly when we stayed there a few years ago. We were right next to the TTC and did all our transportation from there.

Other than the bus the first day, we have been having pretty good luck with transportation. We are also right next to the TTC, where we usually catch the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter