Online Check-in Problem

ctparrothead763

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see a thread.

I've tried for the past three days to do online check-in to Port Orleans. The system says my reservation can't be found. When I called, they said the system was down. For at least three days? Seems hard to believe.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks.

We were there Feb 2 through the 9th. Did on-line check in, requested "close to transportation" and "ground floor". Prior to on line check in I had called to connect the reservations of the other 2 families we were traveling with. At that time I also requested a connecting room with one of them and close proximity for the other. When speaking to the CM I related that we needed ground floor because I have serious issues going up stairs. Down is not a problem. I also said we wanted to be near transportation.

Since we stayed at POFQ with a 2 year old that is faster than all of us I wanted to make certain we were nowhere near the river. Being at the front of the resort would have accomplished that. I explained all of this in detail to the CM on the phone. She said that she would put everything on the reservation.

Arrived at the resort. Went to pick up room assignments and low and behold....not a single request was made. When I asked the CM at the check-in counter she said there were no requests on any of the reservations. In fact they were not even linked to one another. We were in 3 different buildings. The family with the 2 year old was in building 7 the last room, ground floor not 20 feet from the river. I was on the 3rd floor at the other side of the resort, also on the river and the 3rd family was in building 4.

Now I have to say that they did their best to re assign our rooms but the resort was at 94% capacity and it was quite difficult. We did get ground floor and we were not near the river. They also managed to get 3 rooms together but we were as far from the transportation as you could get.

Moral of the story....check recheck and recheck again and then do regular check-in when you get to the resort.

Moral of the story....check recheck and recheck again and then do regular check-in when you get to the resort.

Respectfully, you can check, and recheck, and recheck again as much as you want - but requests are never guaranteed. The best time to make requests is during or close to booking.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see a thread.

I've tried for the past three days to do online check-in to Port Orleans. The system says my reservation can't be found. When I called, they said the system was down. For at least three days? Seems hard to believe.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks.

I see that you are relatively new to the boards, but I'm not sure how new you are to Disney and their reservations systems. The online system has been very glitchy (to be extremely kind) ever since the new one was insituted before Christmas. So it is quite possible that it has been intermittantly down for the last three days. But not to worry. There is really no advantage to online checkin other than getting your KTTW card a couple of minutes earlier than you would if you checked in on arrival.

If you have requests that are important to you, it is probably more efficient to NOT do online checkin, since if the requests are not granted and then you need to spend time changing your room assignment, you're just making more work for yourself and the desk clerks, when they have to go and reprogram the keys that have already been made up for you.

I have to say we never check in online
I have gone to myreservations thingy like 10 times, my reservation shows then it doesnt, then my dining is there and then its not :confused3:confused3
I really DISlike the whole thing...and am just keeping my own list

have to say I actually am flying into MCO late, and because of that I wont even go to the resort...
I dont like checking in if its not morning hours...(its a hang up I know :lmao: ) so another night at the HYATT mco (which we like anyway :thumbsup2) and then off to disney refreshed the following morning... where Ill check in in the morning and regardless of the "reality" of it all...I always feel like we get the best of room choices...we shall see...
meanwhile I always do preferred cause its what we really like as far as area..
Yeah...lots of planning for disney......:rotfl:

If you have requests that are important to you, it is probably more efficient to NOT do online checkin, since if the requests are not granted and then you need to spend time changing your room assignment, you're just making more work for yourself and the desk clerks, when they have to go and reprogram the keys that have already been made up for you.

We do online check in, but we have no requests on our reservation. I think that if you have a ton of requests, then online check in is not for you. It is supposed to speed up check in for guests. If you HAVE to be sure your requests are met, then it is not really all that sped up... for you and the guests behind you.

(Note: "You" is being used in the most general of senses and is not directed at a specific poster.)

Disney and their reservations systems. The online system has been very glitchy (to be extremely kind) ever since the new one was insituted before Christmas. .

That is being EXTREMELY kind!
The other day I spent a good 20 minutes OTP with tech support as both of us tried to suss out why none of my reservations were showing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter