Once Upon A Disney Wish Live Updates

I'm disappointed that they've tiered opening day bookings for Platinum members by number of cruises.... Finally make Platinum and I guess all of those 10, 12, 15 night cruises put me at a disadvantage. :(
You completely read my mind. I'm so disappointed with how they are prioritizing platinum castaway members. I have 12 or 13 cruises and 4 or 5 of those are over 9 days, including a couple 12-day cruises. I wanted to do the maiden voyage, but who knows how fast that will go.

Out of interest does the price increase for the inaugural sailings of the new ships last or does it tend to stabilise to more normal rates once it’s been in service for a while? (I realise it’s been a while since Disney had a new ship)

Looking at the online deck plans, Senses Spa has been moved to Deck 5 where Vibe is on the Dream and Fantasy, Palo and Quiet Cove have switched places so that Quiet Cove is now harder to accidentally walk through, there are also now 2 movie theaters.
There also appears to be a larger Concierge lounge and Sun Deck. Also surprising is the moving of the Oceans Club and Nursery to Deck 2 and Edge to Deck 5.
Great idea.... Haven't looked at the deck plans yet. I did notice on the preview it looked like some of the locations have been moved.

The ship looks great, and I'd love to book a cruise, but the 3 and 4 day itineraries aren't that appealing. These are basically the Dream routes. I hope they add some 7N or longer dates. Or maybe we have to wait for the 2023 launch to get those.

I'm disappointed that they've tiered opening day bookings for Platinum members by number of cruises.... Finally make Platinum and I guess all of those 10, 12, 15 night cruises put me at a disadvantage. :(
I've actually seen castaway club members complain about this very thing. They should organize by the actual number of days on board instead of number of sailings. Probably never happen... but I thought it was a good suggestion. We're at 13 sailings so these windows open for us 5/20 like all the rest of the platinum folks. We probably would have had 15 had last year not been a wash out. Oh well.

Out of interest does the price increase for the inaugural sailings of the new ships last or does it tend to stabilise to more normal rates once it’s been in service for a while? (I realise it’s been a while since Disney had a new ship)
Yup.... Not sure how much but I've heard it's pretty significant.

Looks like the inaugural cruise will be full even before all Platinums have the opportunity to book.
You completely read my mind. I'm so disappointed with how they are prioritizing platinum castaway members. I have 12 or 13 cruises and 4 or 5 of those are over 9 days, including a couple 12-day cruises. I wanted to do the maiden voyage, but who knows how fast that will go.

Big same... we'd even snuck an extra sailing in to make platinum and have a chance. HAH. I already emailed my Dreams agent and told her I understand my chances are minimal now and we'll come up with a backup date. I assume this is how it will be going forward and I know there is no way I'm going to get another 5-10 cruises under my belt in two years. Sooooo pretty much getting knocked out of the next two releases also if demand is where I imagine it is for the maidens.

I'm happy for the locals who can sail a ton of short itineraries, don't get me wrong, but those of us who are younger (less years to sail) and live far away from their main ports (I'm on the west coast) are getting pushed aside here.

Why oh WHY do they have to have Aladdin as a stage show? Do they not know how many times I've seen that on the Fantasy?

I agree!! Very disappointed to see that also. I was hoping for a Moana themed show or restaurant. It's a cruise ship after all, why not include something from that movie. Hopefully Aladdin will leave the Fantasy and get something new once the Wish sails. I don't care for anything Star Wars or Marvel, so disappointed to see that stuff, but I know a lot of people love that stuff.

I am so, SO disappointed in the adult pool!! What, there is room for about 4 adults in this tiny pool, with 2 jacuzzis on both ends. What in the world are they thinking. They went from bad (Fantasy adult pool) to this non existent "pool". Beyond unhappy, we are all about the adult sections and this is a joke. Can you just imagine the days at sea, fitting everyone in?? And where are the lounge chairs after you swim? Ugh, Disney you let me down big time.

Last edited:
This has always bothered me. Every other cruise line uses a formula based on "number of nights on-board" to calculate status. Disney doesn't. Hence someone with 15 3-night cruises is a "higher" Platinum than us who have 11 sailing (5 of which were 12 (or more) night Transatlantic sailings). It was never really a concern (once you make Platinum) until now since they are essentially inventing new Castaway Club tiers with the Wish booking strategy.

Big same... we'd even snuck an extra sailing in to make platinum and have a chance. HAH. I already emailed my Dreams agent and told her I understand my chances are minimal now and we'll come up with a backup date. I assume this is how it will be going forward and I know there is no way I'm going to get another 5-10 cruises under my belt in two years. Sooooo pretty much getting knocked out of the next two releases also if demand is where I imagine it is for the maidens.

I'm happy for the locals who can sail a ton of short itineraries, don't get me wrong, but those of us who are younger (less years to sail) and live far away from their main ports (I'm on the west coast) are getting pushed aside here.
We thought about that as well (inaugural sailing filled before our window opens) but how many 15+ members are out there?? Anyone know?? 2k maybe?? More?? Not sure.

This has always bothered me. Every other cruise line uses a formula based on "number of nights on-board" to calculate status. Disney doesn't. Hence someone with 15 3-night cruises is a "higher" Platinum than us who have 11 sailing (5 of which were 12 (or more) night Transatlantic sailings).

Right there with you. As someone that usually sails concierge, this is especially irritating. I'm not asking for extra credit based on what we spend on a cruise, but at least give us extra credits for those nights.

Really missing that last cruise we needed for gold about right now.

Does the Edge look small? (I saw it on the deck plans.) I was hoping for something better for this age group this time around. And it looks like Vibe is getting a downgrade from the Fantasy and the Dream, although I love sound of Parisian theming for this age group. I'm looking forward to hearing more about these spaces to see if our teens will like this ship.

Disappointed that they’ve tiered the platinum bookings. As gold members we probably won’t stand a chance in getting one of the earlier sailings.

Hopefully this will be my last rant (sorry y'all I'm working through my emotions here)... but if its any consolation its the same number of people ahead of you as before. I just assume giving people the extra days to mull it over and decide to pull the trigger will equal an even tougher booking period when the windows open if you're a "lowly" less than 15, 20, 25... platinum now. They won't want to "waste" the advantage they suddenly have. But for gold vs. platinum, you have the same number of people.

It will be interesting to see if this booking model is only for the initial release of cruises. The first platinum groups are phone only reservations. I feel that if this were to be permanent they would have set it up to support on-line bookings. Fingers crossed...

Since bookings for the Wish will open in less than 3 weeks, it would be nice if they at least published the itineraries in advance. I was expecting that to be announced today as well.

I wasn't underwhelmed by the presentation, but nothing I saw makes me want to tell my TA "KILL WHOEVER YOU MUST TO GET ME BOOKED ON THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE SAILING!!", either.

I'll get to it when I get to it, y'know?

I am saving my "murder directive" for Galactic Starcruiser opening day.

Last edited:
Since bookings for the Wish will open in less than 3 weeks, it would be nice if they at least published the itineraries in advance. I was expecting that to be announced today as well.

You can at least see the dates for the 3 versus 4 night cruises (the maiden is a 5 night). It doesnt call out exactly where the stops will be when, but you should be safe assuming they're Nassau and CC.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter