on board gifts and amenities

Seriously? You’re “so busy” that you can’t deal with being on hold for 18-20 minutes? Lol

Make the call when driving somewhere if need be

Just seems like a pointless rant to me..... you want to do business with the company, you do business using the method the company chooses, or you can always choose not to do business

Quite simple tbh
First it's NOT SAFE to be on your phone while driving. I hope that was your rant and you don't actually do it.

Second, where I live, it's actually illegal and will get your license suspended, if you're caught before you kill yourself or someone else.

Seriously? You’re “so busy” that you can’t deal with being on hold for 18-20 minutes? Lol

Just seems like a pointless rant to me..... you want to do business with the company, you do business using the method the company chooses, or you can always choose not to do business

Quite simple tbh
I have plenty of time to wait on hold for 20 minutes. I don't want to. I have much more productive uses of my time that I'd prefer to use it for. There's really no reason at all for this to be an issue with ordering, so it is not a pointless rant and as many others have already advised you, the way you presented it was rude and unnecessary.

I totally agree! I was hoping to surprise my in-laws with a birthday package for our upcoming May cruise, but between a full time job, two toddlers, and like... laundry (lol), I don't have time to make a 20+ minute call or fax. But I do have time to complete a quick online form and click "pay" because I can do that while working (conference calls, client calls, etc. take up my phone time).

And in my case, instead of using Disney services, I'll likely purchase other items (online!) and pack to decorate their room instead. Oh well!

I have gotten things from gifts and amenities multiple times, and I have never had to wait on hold 20 minutes. I think the max was 5 - usually I get almost straight through.

I have gotten things from gifts and amenities multiple times, and I have never had to wait on hold 20 minutes. I think the max was 5 - usually I get almost straight through.

That's kind of why I tried several times ... besides really not being able to wait that long at least the first call ... I kind of figured I had just called at a bad/busy time, and if I tried again later surely the wait would be much less! But it never was! And I tried different days of the week (all weekdays), and different times during the day. Finally with the 4th try, I just figured I was going to have to wait it out, and settled down in front of the computer with phone in hand.

Quite simple tbh

The first thing I thought of after reading this is to quote Buddy Elf “You must be a south pole elf” :)

Hope your day gets better!

If Disney did let you order it online...
With the way their IT has been working lately, it'll probably take a lot longer ordering online than ordering it via phone (not hyperbole, go check the TPAS board for FP booking problems this morning).

And, at least you won't have to reboot your phone over and over, either! :badpc:

Are there typically Halloween decoration packages available? I don’t see any now for my HOTHS cruise, do I have reason to hope they will get one available? Also no package with a blanket as I’ve seen mentioned by some. Hoping as cruise gets closer more will be abailable.

This thread is from March. you can now order directly online, I just did it!

But of course not without a couple issues... :sad2:
1. It wouldn't let me do a gift message and sign it from Capt. Mickey, I know in the past when I called in an order, it was signed by Mickey. So I just by-passed the card because we know we bought it for ourselves.
2. The purchase confirmation had the sail date off by 1 day, super annoying because I had to call anyway.
I was told it was OK and she sees the purchase for the correct cruise. I really hope I'm not aggravated the day we board with an issue of not receiving our water & wine.

I just ordered a few things for my upcoming cruise. I called 4 different times, and each time there was a waiting time of 18-20 minutes. (I hung up the first three calls since I didn't have that kind of time to wait).

In this day and age, why do they not allow you to just purchase these things online? Only available by phone or fax?? Seems so bizarre to me. And inconvenient!

FAX?!! How 1980s!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Many companies offer the option of calling you back if there is a long wait. Many Disney needs to step it up a bit as far as that goes.

Are there typically Halloween decoration packages available? I don’t see any now for my HOTHS cruise, do I have reason to hope they will get one available? Also no package with a blanket as I’ve seen mentioned by some. Hoping as cruise gets closer more will be abailable.

We're ordering for our Merrytime cruise and was told that we'd have to wait until Sept/Oct to do so. I guess it's similar for HOTHS. I plan to start checking in August since apparently they go very quickly.

So there is Halloween stuff available. People on my current cruise have already ordered but you can only currently order over the phone and there is no photo to look at. They were told it would be on the website in a few days but this was almost 2 weeks ago so I'm not sure how many we are classing as a few!

I just ordered the Halloween package with blanket online yesterday. We’re sailing in Oct out of San Diego.

Is it under Specialties or In Room Decor? And can you post a picture. If I like it I can call and see if its available for my September sailing on the Magic. Thanks!

Is it under Specialties or In Room Decor? And can you post a picture. If I like it I can call and see if its available for my September sailing on the Magic. Thanks!
its under onboard gifts. You have to put in your reservation number and login and then it takes you to the catalog.

Attachments

• 9743995C-3B34-457C-8FE9-99A60EC4C3BA.png
    9743995C-3B34-457C-8FE9-99A60EC4C3BA.png
    224.6 KB · Views: 35
its under onboard gifts. You have to put in your reservation number and login and then it takes you to the catalog.
Thank you so much for the photo. That Mickey bat pillow or whatever is adorable! I am doing the log in with the reservation number and it isn’t showing on line for me. Wonder if calling will get it like a pp. Thanks again!

Seriously, you're not so busy that you have 20 minutes to sit on hold? I want your life. I can sometimes spend that time on hold and if I know it will be that long I can just leave it on speaker at my desk... but often I will get an important work phone call I HAVE to take right before they pick up and... well... work comes first.

I would never make that kind of call while driving - then fish out my credit card and read the numbers. Talk about an accident waiting to happen.

This response seems like a pointless response. A lot of people work really hard all day long to pay for their disney cruises in addition to taking care of their families and do not have that kind of time to spend on hold.

It's an odd way to do business - requiring long hold times to purchase something in this day and age. I find it weird too. And agree that this is a weird and rude response.
Staples, UPS stores and Office Max have fax machines you can use. Cost is a $1.

I just went online and yes, the HOTHS decorations are showing for me as well. I'm still debating getting them. It's a different package from last year (which I did purchase) so that's good, but we are on the members cruise and already coming home with tons of goodies as it is so I'm not sure about bringing even more stuff home in already-packed-to-the-gills suitcases :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter