on board gifts and amenities

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
I just ordered a few things for my upcoming cruise. I called 4 different times, and each time there was a waiting time of 18-20 minutes. (I hung up the first three calls since I didn't have that kind of time to wait).

In this day and age, why do they not allow you to just purchase these things online? Only available by phone or fax?? Seems so bizarre to me. And inconvenient!

I just ordered a few things for my upcoming cruise. I called 4 different times, and each time there was a waiting time of 18-20 minutes. (I hung up the first three calls since I didn't have that kind of time to wait).

In this day and age, why do they not allow you to just purchase these things online? Only available by phone or fax?? Seems so bizarre to me. And inconvenient!

This may be a bit cynical of me, but I think part of it is that Disney doesn’t really want to offer this service, so they make it a little harder for people to order items ahead of time. If you have access to a fax you might try doing that instead. That’s how I order my rainforest passes, and they’ve always been processed within 24 hours.

I called 4 different times, and each time there was a waiting time of 18-20 minutes. (I hung up the first three calls since I didn't have that kind of time to wait).
Seems so bizarre to me. And inconvenient!

Seriously? You’re “so busy” that you can’t deal with being on hold for 18-20 minutes? Lol

Make the call when driving somewhere if need be

Just seems like a pointless rant to me..... you want to do business with the company, you do business using the method the company chooses, or you can always choose not to do business

Quite simple tbh

This may be a bit cynical of me, but I think part of it is that Disney doesn’t really want to offer this service, so they make it a little harder for people to order items ahead of time. If you have access to a fax you might try doing that instead. That’s how I order my rainforest passes, and they’ve always been processed within 24 hours.

No fax, not even at my workplace ... it got to be so rarely used and eventually broke and wasn't replaced.

Sure, it's not a big deal, just seems so 80s era when in general Disney seems to keep up with technology. I don't have to call anyone to order from the Disney Store. I don't have to call anyone to book a cruise or a trip to WDW, I don't have to call anyone to book excursions, and I don't have to call anyone to get tickets for the character breakfast they offer on the ships ... so why in the world would they decide for that this one set of things, a customer can only order by calling or faxing. It just doesn't make sense. More of a curiosity for me than anything.

I think it is weird, too! I also think it is weird that you have to call to use a placeholder reservation that you book onboard once you know when you want to cruise, rather than being able to book that online. I bet at some point all this stuff will be doable online.

What kind of gifts, amenities are there to get? Where does one find this information?

Choose your port location, and you’ll be able to see what’s available. Be aware that some items like those relating to Star Wars and Marvel are only available on certain ships. Some items are also season specific, so for instance, you have to be sailing on a Merrytime cruise to order the Christmas items.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

OP I totally hear you! It is super annoying. It would not be hard to have the order form available online. It does seem as if they don't want to provide the service but they are making money so its odd.

Seriously? You’re “so busy” that you can’t deal with being on hold for 18-20 minutes? Lol

Just seems like a pointless rant to me..... you want to do business with the company, you do business using the method the company chooses, or you can always choose not to do business

Quite simple tbh

I found your post quite rude, plain and simple tbh.

Quite simple tbh

Goodness. Seems like a little bit of frustration as opposed to a rant. Lots of people don't have long amounts of time to hang out waiting for an answer on the phone.

OP, I agree that Disney has some strange anomalies in the system; considering their resources and the advanced systems they have in place for many things they do still have a few things left over from the Stone Age. No idea of the reasoning, but it is occasionally surprising. I've been dragging my feet on my amenities until a convenient time to put my phone on speaker and do something else while I wait.

Quite simple tbh

All no with your response being pointlessly rude, not everyone believes it’s safe to use the phone while driving. Or has their credit card number memorized in order to do so.

Quite simple tbh
I don’t have twenty minutes in my packed day to sit on hold. I’m sure I’m not the only one. What a strange and rude post.

Just seems like a pointless rant to me.../QUOTE]QUOTE]

Quite simple tbh

Choose your port location, and you’ll be able to see what’s available. Be aware that some items like those relating to Star Wars and Marvel are only available on certain ships. Some items are also season specific, so for instance, you have to be sailing on a Merrytime cruise to order the Christmas items.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

I can't find this. When I go to Cruise Details, there's nothing to click on. When I go to My Plans, I see Add Activities (Onboard Fun, Port Adventures, Dining, Nursery, Spa & fitness). I don't see anything about gifts.

I can't find this. When I go to Cruise Details, there's nothing to click on. When I go to My Plans, I see Add Activities (Onboard Fun, Port Adventures, Dining, Nursery, Spa & fitness). I don't see anything about gifts.

If you click on the link, there's a box on the right where you can pick your departure port and it will take you there, but Disney didn't go out of their way to make it obvious. Try this one:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

So there are a couple of online fax services you can use to send faxes - well emails really as they send them as an email but it goes to the fax machine. I've used them once then emailed guest services a few weeks later to confirm it had been actioned. I agree that it is a very frustrating system and as someone from the UK it costs a fortune

Quite simple tbh

Seriously, you're not so busy that you have 20 minutes to sit on hold? I want your life. I can sometimes spend that time on hold and if I know it will be that long I can just leave it on speaker at my desk... but often I will get an important work phone call I HAVE to take right before they pick up and... well... work comes first.

I would never make that kind of call while driving - then fish out my credit card and read the numbers. Talk about an accident waiting to happen.

This response seems like a pointless response. A lot of people work really hard all day long to pay for their disney cruises in addition to taking care of their families and do not have that kind of time to spend on hold.

It's an odd way to do business - requiring long hold times to purchase something in this day and age. I find it weird too. And agree that this is a weird and rude response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts