OMG! I know better but I'm STILL doing it!!!

disneynanacat

Lovin' Disney Too!
I know better not to check the 15 day forcast as it's usually not right but I still can't stop myself from doing it.:sad2:

It changes every 5 minutes. I swear, it was all rain, then it's all sunny, look again (same day) and it's showing rain everyday. Now, next week shows thunderstorms and rain every day.

I'm usually one telling other posters not to worry... I don't mind a little rain, but I've been in Epcot with bolts of lightening coming down and we're walking shin deep in rain trying to get to dinner in Japan.

Go away thunderstorms!!!!!!!!

Oh, and got bless the tornado victims. Go away tornados too!:sad1:

I didn't check the forecast for my trip but I heard someone say it was supposed to rain a bit. I was there (on my first trip!) & it didn't rain a drop :D I live 1 state away so I know how crazy the weather can act

I tried to resist, too, but I succumbed to the temptation of checking the 10 day forecast. Let's just say I just stopped by the Dollar store to buy more ponchos. :rotfl2:

I can handle rain. I am just hoping for no downpours/entirely washed out days/endless days of rain. Crossing my fingers the forecast changes yet again to sun!!!

Ps--we've had some brutal weather in the Midwest, and the skies were roiling here today, so some Florida sunshine would be nice right about now. Praying for the Joplin tornado victims . . . :sad1:

Not only does the forecast change frequently, seems like they aren't very accurate even the day before. Stop worrying, and get ready for the time of your life:earsboy:

Not only does the forecast change frequently, seems like they aren't very accurate even the day before. Stop worrying, and get ready for the time of your life:earsboy:

Thanks, I needed that!lol

Oh, and I meant to say GOD bless the tornado victims...

Stop, stop, stop! You'll only freak yourself out. You know how unreliable Florida forecasts are. Just pack according to the time you're going, and don't worry so much. Hey, I've been at WDW during an actual hurricane and lived to tell the tale! You'll have a great time, no matter what the weather.

I have been doing the same thing. We have had rain here in NH almost every single day for the past month and a half. I check the 15 day forecast and every day of our trip says rain, not just a shower. I sure hope they are wrong because I am in need of some serious sunshine. Lets hope it changes for the better as next week gets closer.

me too! I TOTALLY know better...but I do it anyway. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Ponchos - check...
water shoes - check....
a plan for if and when it rains - check...
Vacation from work - rain or shine - I DON'T have to work!!! :cool1:

I know better not to check the 15 day forcast as it's usually not right but I still can't stop myself from doing it.:sad2:

I should know better too. It's not accurate until the night before, right? I think seeing your dates pop up in accuweather is just a fun way to affirm that YES! We're almost there!!

I admit that I checked my forecast today just because I could - I'm within my 15 day extended day forecast window. :)

I did the same thing. Ugg! I almost started a thread on it. It sounds like some people like the rain so it scatters the crowds. But t-storms! And as the days pass, the forecast doesn't just "change" it's simply getting worse. It went from a couploe of days of rain, to t-storms everyday. From 20-30% chance of precip to 60%.

Since there have been all kind's of little setbacks since I've planned this trip, this is just par for the course.:sad2:

I do the same thing. When I went last Sept there was a 40%-60% chance of rain everyday. So of course I buy one of their rain jackets for $10 (it's blue and says "Disney Parks"). Not a bad value at all for $10, really. Anyway, I buy it and tie it around my waist everyday.

Does it rain at all? Of course not. And I had the added bonus of everyone looking at me like a nutjob because I have a rain jacket tied around my waist when it's 90 degrees and sunny, yay!

Don't fret! I did the same thing before our cruise....up to the day of our cruise. The weather showed scattered thunderstorms every day, but we didn't get one drop of rain! (Unless it rained while we were sleeping!) It's just "predictions" at this point (it's what the weather is like every year, scattered t-storms)...unless there's a tropical storm brewing, I'd just ignore the weather predictions!

I wouldn't worry too much. As others have said, Florida weather is notoriously unpredictable. Plus, I recently took a course taught by PhD-level meteorologists, and they admitted that nothing beyond the 3-day forecast should be taken seriously. They said a 10-day forecast was mostly a guess based on previous years' data. I can't imagine how they go about creating a 15-day forecast!

Plus, Disney can still be fun in the rain :thumbsup2

Not to freak everyone out; but it's just something to think about.

One week from today marks the start of hurricane season. Which also marks the start of the rainy season for Florida. So if you're planning to come anytime between June-October; you can pretty much plan on it raining/thunder storming every afternoon; and if it doesn't, consider it a blessing. Because that's just how Florida Summers are. It thunder storms every afternoon and you can time it to a clock sometimes.

I cam completely understand the checking of weather over and over - we just got back from 8 days at Disney. Before we left the weather predictions a week out had called for rain every day. There was never one drop of rain! Actually it was so hot and sunny a little of rain might have been nice.! I know it easier said then done but try not to worry too much about the weather - check the local forecast on wftv right before your departure. Accuweather is not very accurate.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter