OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Oops, sorry, must have read too quickly and missed it. Thank you!
As for the rest of your question, buses going to the parks seldom fill up except maybe first thing in the morning or during peak times of the year. Mid-day trip - hardly ever. Coming back from the parks at closing time, yes, almost always you will find full buses and you may have to wait for one bus to fill and another to arrive. Or you may have to stand. To avoid all that, simply leave a little earlier or wait a little longer and you'll be fine.

I also have a question about the busses. We have a std 2bdrm. I was going to request (i realize it's just a request) a non hh room, but still relatively close to hh, buildings in the 60s...something like that. However, just found this thread and order of the buses. My mom will have an ECV. I'm worried buses will be full/ecv space taken (esp early morning) by the last stops. OKW size already seems overwhelming to me, I'm wondering if this is going to be a logistical nightmare :( Any thoughts or maybe i should request a room in another clump of bldgs? Also with bldgs not having elevators will be willing to work with us for a ground floor or one of the bldgs with elevators?

I also have a question about the busses. We have a std 2bdrm. I was going to request (i realize it's just a request) a non hh room, but still relatively close to hh, buildings in the 60s...something like that. However, just found this thread and order of the buses. My mom will have an ECV. I'm worried buses will be full/ecv space taken (esp early morning) by the last stops. OKW size already seems overwhelming to me, I'm wondering if this is going to be a logistical nightmare :( Any thoughts or maybe i should request a room in another clump of bldgs? Also with bldgs not having elevators will be willing to work with us for a ground floor or one of the bldgs with elevators?

I should add, I'm trying to stay within reasonable (i consider reasonable 5 min or so, lol) walking distance to main pool and boat to DS. We will be there over spring break and I expect there will be daily afternoon pool breaks.

Last edited:
We were just in Bldg 63 last fall and I had a scooter (at the last minute). We were on the first floor so it wasn't any problem there. I'd ride it over to the HH bus stop and got on every time. There was one time when there were two other scooters waiting when I got there, but there was already a scooter on the bus, so the other two (who were traveling together) told me to get on the bus. There was another bus almost right behind with space for the other two scooters. And if I remember correctly, that was a bus taking DVC members to AK for the evening AK party. So lots of people heading that way.

Another convenient option for the busses, if staying in the 60s buildings, is to walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop. It is usually the first stop on the route and there shouldn't any problem loading an EVC unless others are already waiting ahead of you.

Another convenient option for the busses, if staying in the 60s buildings, is to walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop. It is usually the first stop on the route and there shouldn't any problem loading an EVC unless others are already waiting ahead of you.

Perfect, thanks for that idea!

We were just in Bldg 63 last fall and I had a scooter (at the last minute). We were on the first floor so it wasn't any problem there. I'd ride it over to the HH bus stop and got on every time. There was one time when there were two other scooters waiting when I got there, but there was already a scooter on the bus, so the other two (who were traveling together) told me to get on the bus. There was another bus almost right behind with space for the other two scooters. And if I remember correctly, that was a bus taking DVC members to AK for the evening AK party. So lots of people heading that way.

Thank you, good to know!

When we were there December the order for bus stops was (theme parks):

Peninsular Road
Turtle Pond
South
Miller
HH

For DS it ran in reverse order(not sure about the water park order)

Peninsular road buildings north of Turtle Pond Rd would be my location of choice. Quick access to bussings and the HH

When we were there December the order for bus stops was (theme parks):

Peninsular Road
Turtle Pond
South
Miller
HH

Were they running that route for a particular reason? Traditionally it has been
Peninsular Rd
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's Rd
Hospitality House,

So the buses did not have to negotiate that tight right turn onto Turtle Pond, they usually go to South Point, then make a left onto Turtle Pond.

Were they running that route for a particular reason? Traditionally it has been
Peninsular Rd
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's Rd
Hospitality House,

So the buses did not have to negotiate that tight right turn onto Turtle Pond, they usually go to South Point, then make a left onto Turtle Pond.

sorry you are right

Now that I'm thinking about it. The DS route was HH, Millers, Peninsular, South & Turtle
Not exactly reverse

we check in next Saturday!! A couple quick, easy questions:

-We are in a 2br, HH and I'm hoping for buildings 11-13. Am I right that the other HH rooms are across the canal from the pool area? I assume there is parking at the buildings?
-What is the current coffee maker style in the rooms?
-Is there a teakettle in the room or available to request?

Thanks!

we check in next Saturday!! A couple quick, easy questions:

-We are in a 2br, HH and I'm hoping for buildings 11-13. Am I right that the other HH rooms are across the canal from the pool area? I assume there is parking at the buildings?
-What is the current coffee maker style in the rooms?
-Is there a teakettle in the room or available to request?

Thanks!
Near HH area includes Bldg 11-14 (right across the parking lot from the HH) and 23-26 (right across the bridge from the HH). Both have parking spaces. Current coffee maker is a Mr Coffee style 10-12 cup with flat bottom basket style filters (you'll need to provide those if you drink more coffee than the 1-2 packets they leave each service day). I don't remember a teakettle, but I think you can request one.

Thanks so much - wanted to be sure I didn't need to buy different filters than what I have at home.

Near HH area includes Bldg 11-14 (right across the parking lot from the HH) and 23-26 (right across the bridge from the HH). Both have parking spaces. Current coffee maker is a Mr Coffee style 10-12 cup with flat bottom basket style filters (you'll need to provide those if you drink more coffee than the 1-2 packets they leave each service day). I don't remember a teakettle, but I think you can request one.

Booked a 2br June 19 - 23 which I am assuming is considered busy season since all schools should be out. I've only been to WDW during slow season so I have no idea what to expect in June.

I cannot get HH so I am wondering what is the absolute farthest location from HH and how long of a walk would it be? If we get Millers Road what are the chances the busses will be filled by that stop? Does the internal shuttle constantly go around in circles or does it only run every hour or half hour etc? We are renting a car so I could shuttle one adult and kids to the pool if need be. Also, would you recommend using the car for DHS and EPCOT and using the bus for MK? I am planning rope drops or early ADRs every day but the last one. I'm thinking of driving in the mornings and maybe bussing at night so I am not stuck in the way back of the parking lots.

We plan to come back every day for lunch and to use the pool (probably HH pool as the kids will want to use the slide). Will it be hard to get chairs around 1pm?

Can the sleeper chair be moved into the non king bedroom? If not how are the curtains in the family room? Do they block the sunlight in the morning?

Does the washing machine and dishwasher use pods or only powder detergent?

(I'm sorry if these have been asked - I'm only thru page 63!!)

Thank you!

Can the sleeper chair be moved into the non king bedroom? If not how are the curtains in the family room? Do they block the sunlight in the morning?
The sleeper chair is pretty much immovable. Its huge and heavy. The curtains will make the room very dark.

Booked a 2br June 19 - 23 which I am assuming is considered busy season since all schools should be out. I've only been to WDW during slow season so I have no idea what to expect in June.

I cannot get HH so I am wondering what is the absolute farthest location from HH and how long of a walk would it be? If we get Millers Road what are the chances the busses will be filled by that stop? Does the internal shuttle constantly go around in circles or does it only run every hour or half hour etc? We are renting a car so I could shuttle one adult and kids to the pool if need be. Also, would you recommend using the car for DHS and EPCOT and using the bus for MK? I am planning rope drops or early ADRs every day but the last one. I'm thinking of driving in the mornings and maybe bussing at night so I am not stuck in the way back of the parking lots.

We plan to come back every day for lunch and to use the pool (probably HH pool as the kids will want to use the slide). Will it be hard to get chairs around 1pm?

Thank you!
I don't think that time is a particularly busy period for DVC resorts so you should be fine. The furthest location from HH is South Point and it's a 10-15 minute walk to HH from there. But, all buses stop at HH on the way out of the resort. So to get to HH, just hop on any bus and get off at HH. To get back to your villa, walk across the road to he Peninsular Road stop and hop a bus to your location. It's very easy. Bus stops go in this order:

Peninsular Rd
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's Rd
Hospitality House

The internal shuttle stops at HH first and last. Sometimes it is labeled "Disney Springs".

As OKW Lover said above, no you cannot move the sleeper chair. As stated, it is huge and heavy and it won't fit through the bedroom door.

The washing machine uses whatever detergent you want to put into it. Powder, liquid or pods. It is a standard top loader, not HE. The dishwasher uses whatever you want to use too. The resort supplies dishwasher detergent in packets. When you run out, call housekeeping and they will bring you all you want. There is no charge for those types of consumables.

Thank you!
We like to stay on Millers Road and seldom have a problem getting a seat going to the parks. The Internal Bus basically just goes around the resort - HH, Millers Road, Peninsular Rd, South Point, Turtle Pond, HH. It's maybe a ten minute walk from the furthest villa to the HH. Just hop any theme park bus to get to the HH. Going back, you can walk across the bridge to the Peninsular Road stop and take a bus back to your area.

Chairs at the main pool might be harder to come by after noon. We usually find them at the leisure pools.

Don't even attempt to drag that huge chair into the bedroom. It's heavy and wide. It will barely go through the doorway without scratching the wall finishes (and possibly the floor). The living room has blinds and roman shades. They are thick and will keep out the light.

Washers and dryers in the villas are standard washers (not HE, unless they plan to change them out with the renovation). The washers in the laundry rooms at the pools are HE.

I cannot get HH so I am wondering what is the absolute farthest location from HH and how long of a walk would it be?

The farthest building from HH is Building 50. The walk is about 2/3 of a mile, or roughly the equivalent of 1/2 way around EPCOT's World Showcase lagoon.

We are staying early May and I got to do on line check in this week. After many tries, I finally figured out that the system will not let me pick anywhere on Turtle pond. I can select any of the other ones in the drop down box and they go through. Thinking that they might be out of service then due to the resort update?????? I need a two bedroom with the passthru and I had to pick South Pt. to hopefully make sure we get one.

We are staying early May and I got to do on line check in this week. After many tries, I finally figured out that the system will not let me pick anywhere on Turtle pond. I can select any of the other ones in the drop down box and they go through. Thinking that they might be out of service then due to the resort update?????? I need a two bedroom with the passthru and I had to pick South Pt. to hopefully make sure we get one.
Call or better yet send an e-mail to Member Services to make your requests. It's a much better method than using online check-in. The refurb at OKW isn't slated to start until later this summer so I doubt that's the reason you can't select it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter