OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Call or better yet send an e-mail to Member Services to make your requests. It's a much better method than using online check-in. The refurb at OKW isn't slated to start until later this summer so I doubt that's the reason you can't select it.

Don't think I am eligible as I am on a cash ressie.

There must be a reason that the online check in request for Turtle Pond was not a choice,
if there wasn't a problem, you would think that it would be in the list for request.

There must be a reason that the online check in request for Turtle Pond was not a choice,
if there wasn't a problem, you would think that it would be in the list for request.
Online check in was not designed for DVC resorts. It has never worked well for DVC properties. Most of us make our requests through Member Services and either check in at the resort, or use online check in only to check in, not to make requests.

Maybe a reason but more likely it's just a glitch.

I will be staying in a studio in the HH area in May. Where can I find the closest laundry?
Laundry rooms are located near each pool. Take a look at the resort map in the first post in this thread and you can see the laundry rooms (designated by an "L" on the map).

I remember seeing before that some of the closest buildings to HH are reserved for DVC stays. My family and I are paying cash and not with points. What is the closest or best area to be in that is not DVC reserved? We are going in mid-June. Got upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa!!! There are 7 of us and we are so excited. Also, I don't mind being close to the Turtle Shack. Are those buildings DVC reserved also?

I remember seeing before that some of the closest buildings to HH are reserved for DVC stays. My family and I are paying cash and not with points. What is the closest or best area to be in that is not DVC reserved? We are going in mid-June. Got upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa!!! There are 7 of us and we are so excited. Also, I don't mind being close to the Turtle Shack. Are those buildings DVC reserved also?
The Near Hospitality House villas (only on points) would be 11-14 and 23-26. Turtle Pond area has lots of nice villas. Reminder that the Turtle Shack is open seasonally, so it might have shorter hours or even be closed when you are there. If you want to be closer to the Hospitality House and near the first bus stop, you could request Bldg 27-29 (those are right across the bridge from the themed pool area.

The Near Hospitality House villas (only on points) would be 11-14 and 23-26. Turtle Pond area has lots of nice villas. Reminder that the Turtle Shack is open seasonally, so it might have shorter hours or even be closed when you are there. If you want to be closer to the Hospitality House and near the first bus stop, you could request Bldg 27-29 (those are right across the bridge from the themed pool area.

Thanks so much! I'm really hesitant to even try to specially request a room. We got the upgrade after my mom called about the construction at CBR and somehow talked to the right person at the right time and they gave us a 2BR villa instead of 2 separate rooms at CBR without us having to pay extra. We got some major pixie dust! I still don't know how she did it and I'm not complaining or asking questions. I'm thinking it might be good to just take what I get and not look a gift horse in the mouth. I could get the absolute farthest room from HH and still be over the moon about our stay.

I think you even commented on my original post to find out info about OKW when we found out. Thanks for your continued help. :)

I really tried my best to look through all of the room/building suggestions but it is so hard when there are 100+ pages back from 2013 and so on so if someone would be so kind to answer my questions? It is mostly noise related.......

1. Is it worth being close to the Turtle Shack Snack Bar/Pool area if we enjoy the quieter pools but also being close to somewhat of QS food, I am just concerned about the noise from the roads if we request buildings 41 or 42....

2. Can you refill your refillable mugs at the Turtle Shack Snack bar? Or just at the Hospitality area?

3. I am looking at being closer to the Turtle shack snack bar/pool area seems right for my boyfriend and I, just wondering if anybody has stayed in building 44, 43, 36, 37 (from what I can see I really like building 44 as it seems smaller and close enough to the pool area but also the bus stop)

4. What is/are your favorite things about OKW? What is your favorite things to do at this resort?

5. How long does the boat take from OKW to Disney Springs?

[*Also as a disclaimer I am looking at doing this trip five/six years (50 celebration of MK Time) from now hopefully in April/May-ish and renting DVC Points*]

Thank you so much I look forward to your answers! :thanks:

Last edited:
we love the turtle pond area. we just returned from a stay in blg 44 on the end by the bus stop and I would not recommend it as the bus noise is loud. we were in 4423. We love the pool and turtle shack for quick food. you can refill your mug there but they must be open and I believe they close at 5 or 6pm. We love the boat ride to Disney Springs. Really cool and at night it is even better. enjoy your time there. I have to say that OKW was our favorite because of the size of the rooms, however after staying at other resorts I prefer Saratoga for their counter service options and other quiet pool options.

we love the turtle pond area. we just returned from a stay in blg 44 on the end by the bus stop and I would not recommend it as the bus noise is loud. we were in 4423. We love the pool and turtle shack for quick food. you can refill your mug there but they must be open and I believe they close at 5 or 6pm. We love the boat ride to Disney Springs. Really cool and at night it is even better. enjoy your time there. I have to say that OKW was our favorite because of the size of the rooms, however after staying at other resorts I prefer Saratoga for their counter service options and other quiet pool options.
Thank you so much! It's really helpful!

I'd love to be in buildings 45 or 46... has anyone stayed there and absolutely hated it?

Would it be uncouth to just say "hey, these are the buildings we'd like - top floor" when we request or is there a specific area that I'd be better off requesting so as to not appear to be uber picky? lol

I'd love to be in buildings 45 or 46... has anyone stayed there and absolutely hated it?

Would it be uncouth to just say "hey, these are the buildings we'd like - top floor" when we request or is there a specific area that I'd be better off requesting so as to not appear to be uber picky? lol
you can and should request whatever you like.....we have stayed in those buildings and liked them just fine

The only problem with requesting those buildings is that they are extremely popular given they are two of the very, very few building facing the canal so they are requested a lot. I would make that your #1 request, but have a more general #2 request you'd be happy with too, and remember it's only a request.

One more question - will they text you when your room as ready? We'll be arriving around 9am and plan to head to the parks since our room will likely not be ready. But it would be nice to know if it becomes available prior to the 4 p.m. check in so that we can come back and take a nap. 5am flight out (especially when I need to dope myself up on a combo of xanax, dramamine and alcohol to make it through without completely losing it) is going to be rough.

We were in Bldg 45 on the first floor in the one bedroom villa furthest away from Bldg 46. We were close to the stop sign and heard the brakes squeal for every bus that stopped at the stop sign. It was annoying, but not too awful.

I made that request once but as mentioned they are a very popular request. We ended up 1st floor in Bldg 56 - nice location but awful for noise.

I also quite like the look of buildings 45 and 46.
We are DVC members, but we're staying using cash (got to love the free dining plan) - can we still make requests through member services?

Thanks

Kev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter