OKW Bus service within OKW

thepoohbear

Mouseketeer
We stayed at OKW for the first time about a month ago and we're going back in a few months with a group of people staying in a grand villa. I was confused about the bus service within the resort and I hope to clear it up before I bring all those people down. Now the signs say that the busses stop first and last at the Hospitality House on each run, which I thought would mean that I could hop on any bus that had just come into the resort and it would eventually take me back "home." But on our last day we went down to have some breakfast and to do some last minute shopping and tried to take a bus back. (I know it's lazy but by this time our feet were killing us!) Bus after bus came in. Some didn't go the the HH at all and those that did told us they were headed back to the park and would not be going all the way around. The drivers told us we had to wait for a bus that said either "special" or "inter-resort." We waited for almost an hour and neither of these ever came so I think the drivers must have been mistaken. Finally, since we really had to get back to the room to catch our plane, bell services gave us a ride back which was very nice of them. Anyway, I obviously don't understand the bus system because I know they wouldn't make people wait for over an hour so could someone please explain to before I have 14 people sitting around thinking I don't know what I'm doing? (Which I don't but they don't have to know that!)
Thanks!

I would just walk over to the Peninsular Bus stop. It's just across the bridge from the Hospitality House and it's the first stop for busses entering the resort. The Hospitality House is the last stop for Busses before they leave the resort. Hope this helps you.

Only the bus returning from DD is the "internal" bus...and the marquee does not always state that.

All buses are supposed to stop at HH before leaving the resort, but normally only the DD bus stops there twice.

So, any bus will get you to HH. As suggested above, the Peninsular Road bus stop (usually the first stop) is an easy walk from HH and will then stop at the other areas.

If you have any doubts about the destination , just ask the driver, as they are most eager to assist.

Enjoy your trip!

Poohbear I agree that it's confusing. We went through a similar experience waiting and waiting one night. The key for the return trip is to do as Doc and Baser suggest...walk over to Peninsular Road.

Gee, I wish we had thought of that! Also, good to know about the DD bus. I'm sure it must have come by a few times while we were sitting there. We were just talking about this and we're thinking maybe next time we'll rent a car. Once we consider the cost of transportation to the resort and then the transportation to the cruise (which we're doing after the grand villa~thank you DVC) and then back to the airport, the car will most likely end up being a better value. But when it's just the two of us, the busses are easy as long as you know what you're doing. And now I do! So thanks again!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter