OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

Thanks for the updates, I just canceled with Tony. I booked with Tony a while ago and wish we could've used him but I don't want to take any chances.

Last edited:
Well after reading some of these posts we just cancelled our August trip with Tony. We booked with another company for more money, but their service is already better than what we have been receiving. I asked for a quote and the new company responded within a minute. I then talked to the owner on the phone and was very impressed by him. Also he didn't ask for prepayment while we've used Tony's service twice in the past and they asked for this trips payment immediately.

Tony is a really nice man, but it seems he's bitten off more than he can chew.

I was going to book Tony Hinds for a trip in August based on reviews here. I called the number posted on the website a few weeks ago but never received a call back. After reading the recent posts on here, I decided to call the car service we used last December to the Swan Reserve. The price is a lot more but we were very pleased with the service when we used it and I was also pleased with making the arrangements for this upcoming trip. I probably would have paid for the Mears bus but my mom is traveling with us and we have a wheelchair. We just felt it would be easier with the luggage and wheelchair to have a private service. I really miss the automatic bag delivery to the resorts that Magical Express used to have.

I was going to book Tony Hinds for a trip in August based on reviews here. I called the number posted on the website a few weeks ago but never received a call back. After reading the recent posts on here, I decided to call the car service we used last December to the Swan Reserve. The price is a lot more but we were very pleased with the service when we used it and I was also pleased with making the arrangements for this upcoming trip. I probably would have paid for the Mears bus but my mom is traveling with us and we have a wheelchair. We just felt it would be easier with the luggage and wheelchair to have a private service. I really miss the automatic bag delivery to the resorts that Magical Express used to have.

angel, the service I switched to yesterday from Tony is more money but they get great reviews and the response time I received was tremendous. Reliability and responsiveness is very important to us and worth the extra money.

angel, the service I switched to yesterday from Tony is more money but they get great reviews and the response time I received was tremendous. Reliability and responsiveness is very important to us and worth the extra money.
Would you and @angelinaxox mind sharing who you booked with? I'm having concerns with all the negative reports about Tony's service and I have him booked for a fall trip.

Would you and @angelinaxox mind sharing who you booked with? I'm having concerns with all the negative reports about Tony's service and I have him booked for a fall trip.
I'm using https://pandacarservice.com/. With tip I'm paying $100 more than Tony but they get 5 stars everywhere you look. I actually talked with the owner yesterday and was very impressed.

I used Tony’s form that he emailed me, but have not received any confirmation yet and it’s been a week. How long does he normally take to confirm? His quote was good, but now I’m worried after reading these newer reviews. Our trip isn’t until January so I have lots of time to reserve something else. Maybe we should just pay more for another company. We are 5 of us flying into Sanford, so less options for transport.

I cancelled with Tony. Now I need to decide on what transportation to use in November.

I cancelled Tony for August. Went with Ron's suggestion. Takes such a load off not having to worry about being stranded.

I'll be cancelling with Tony too. I'm looking for a company that can pickup at the Express location, not curbside. Cars have to be licensed/registered/not sure of the word to use Express pickup - anyone with a website and a car can pickup outside of baggage claim.

The website for Panda isn't working and Orlando Chauffered is $480 rt for an SUV.

Any other recommendations?

I'll be cancelling with Tony too. I'm looking for a company that can pickup at the Express location, not curbside. Cars have to be licensed/registered/not sure of the word to use Express pickup - anyone with a website and a car can pickup outside of baggage claim.

The website for Panda isn't working and Orlando Chauffered is $480 rt for an SUV.

Any other recommendations?
My family has used FL Tours before & they were great!
We didn’t use them for this last trip because their website stated no more than 6 passengers in vehicle because of Covid, so the price would have been a lot because we would need more than one vehicle.
I think their rate is $190 round trip plus tip, depending on the number of people and destination.

I called a MEARS cab and the charge was 60 something with tax from the Swan. It was a van because I needed a car seat but it was one of those old style vans with the plastic seats and the driver was sick but was wearing a mask. Meh I'd rather have done the regular MEARS or Sunshine Flyer back. Or an Uber XL with a car seat that would've been the same price. The Mears cab did have their meter front and center though and I could tell the drive price was legit FWIW. I splurged for the car services from my local airport back home.

Ugh - ds and his gf are traveling alone in August. Currently they booked with Tony because we've used him in the past, so I was comfortable with 2 youngish kids using his service. Now I am second guessing my recommendation.

Ugh - ds and his gf are traveling alone in August. Currently they booked with Tony because we've used him in the past, so I was comfortable with 2 youngish kids using his service. Now I am second guessing my recommendation.
Personally I won’t use him ever again.
My mom was one of the people traveling with us when this happened & we all found it so stressful. She has canceled her upcoming reservations, when she will be traveling with my father. They don’t want the stress of not knowing if a ride will actually be coming.

Well after reading some of these posts we just cancelled our August trip with Tony. We booked with another company for more money, but their service is already better than what we have been receiving. I asked for a quote and the new company responded within a minute. I then talked to the owner on the phone and was very impressed by him. Also he didn't ask for prepayment while we've used Tony's service twice in the past and they asked for this trips payment immediately.

Tony is a really nice man, but it seems he's bitten off more than he can chew.
So weird, we booked with Tony for August 14-19 and he had confirmed with us - this was a week or two ago - this morning I see that the appointment he sent to me was cancelled. I am unfortunately going to look at another service.

Maybe he has more more customers and has filled up for more dates of service is my guess.

I have always had excellent service with Tony Hinds.

The few negative comments will not sway me to change my transportation booking.

I am staying with team Tony with my booking.

Do what works for you.
If you don’t want Tony, try the Disboards recommended transportation company.

So weird, we booked with Tony for August 14-19 and he had confirmed with us - this was a week or two ago - this morning I see that the appointment he sent to me was cancelled. I am unfortunately going to look at another service.

How did you see it was cancelled? Did he email you? Just don’t want to miss if we get cancelled. We have used him several times and have been very pleased and plan to continue but I don’t want to miss if anything changes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter