***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

I stayed at Aventura for last December's OI Meetup. Couldn't beat the price and it was fairly quick walk to the parks! I see it's only available for the November meet-up. Glad you were able to get your tickets and hope all goes well with securing your hotel!
We really liked our one stay at Aventura. We took the buses and found them very convenient most of the time. We found the layout of the hotel to be simple and limited the amount of walking down endless corridors (like you may find at Endless Summer or Cabana Bay).

The only time the bus was a bit of a hassle was when we tried to head to the parks around 5PM or so. Aventura shares a bus loop with Cabana Bay, and Cabana is the first stop. We watched bus after bus stop at Cabana, then skip Aventura (presumably, they had filled the bus with Cabana guests). It still wasn't a crazy long wait, but was a bit frustrating.

I know some walk over to Sapphire to take the boat. To me, that could end up faster, but if you just missed the latest boat or there is a wait at the dock, it would have been faster just to wait on the bus.

We grabbed Meetup tickets for Dec 2. A month or so ago, I saw an AP rate at Aventura, so we'll probably stay there unless a better rate pops up at Sapphire, or the Premieres.

This sucks. Mines seems to be stuck. I give up.

Last edited:
So the page originally had the rope for me, then randomly refreshed and had “estimated wait: 13 minutes” instead of the rope, now it randomly refreshed again and has the trains from yesterday in place of the rope & est now. Smh.

So the page originally had the rope for me, then randomly refreshed and had “estimated wait: 13 minutes” instead of the rope, now it randomly refreshed again and has the trains from yesterday in place of the rope & est now. Smh.
Yeah and now my trains have disappeared again. I was on the damn page at 9:08. This is BS.

I got in and looked around at the discounted hotel options, but then decided to stick with the VRBO we've used before. We are a group of 6 (me, my husband, our son, our daughter, son-in-law, nephew), and I figured we could use the extra space a condo provides. I'm glad others of you could take advantage of the discounts!

Ended up settling with Sapphire Falls. Couldn't justify the $800 for 2 nights at Hard Rock when we won't be using the Express during the day anyways. I swear one year I had Hard Rock for $180 a night. How times have changed.

Got my room! Went with Surfside because it was the cheapest option. $90 per night for the November meetup is crazy good. I don't care about any of the benefits and I like the Endless Summer resorts just fine (stayed at Dockside last year). Surfside is now sold out so I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter