***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Got our tix for November 18. This will be the second Meetup for DH and me. Our first was the original winter weekend last year. Did Portofino that time, but this time we're leaning toward Cabana Bay.

December 9th and 10th, booked before they sold out the both day option. We're leaning towards CB as there's no need for EPs. Considering getting an AP in which case I'll want to see if the discounted rate is better for the Meetup or the pass.

Got our tickets for 11/18! This will be our 3rd meetup.

We're currently booked at Sapphire Falls.

We also got the 2 night deal in November. This will be our first time at Universal in Florida. What do others recommend for filling out our time there to see everything? Should we just plan on hanging out at the resort or CityWalk during the day or is it worth our while to get some park tickets for during the day? Maybe head over to Volcano Bay during the day? Just curious as to what others have to say - thanks!

December 9th and 10th, booked before they sold out the both day option. We're leaning towards CB as there's no need for EPs. Considering getting an AP in which case I'll want to see if the discounted rate is better for the Meetup or the pass.
Wow, didn't know they sold out today. Last Dec we got RPR for $165/nt for the meetup which I think was better than an AP rate would have been, if it had been available. My mid-August savvy traveler rates at CBBR are $119/weeknight, $139/weekend and I suspect the OI rates will be better than the AP rate in Dec.

Just looked up rates for Dec 8-11. CBBR doesn't show any standard rooms available right now, they might be holding them in reserve. Hard Rock only shows the $2000/nt Graceland Suite!

Last edited:
Another November 18th attendee here! Going to try to book Sapphire Falls when the OI rates go on sale, but if they sell out, may book a DVC room. Then driving down to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday for a Thanksgiving week cruise.

Wow, didn't know they sold out today. Last Dec we got RPR for $165/nt for the meetup which I think was better than an AP rate would have been, if it had been available. My mid-August savvy traveler rates at CBBR are $119/weeknight, $139/weekend and I suspect the OI rates will be better than the AP rate in Dec.
They're doing another ticket drop on May 1 (for all dates) so only the 1st ticket drop sold out.

Last edited:
Another November 18th attendee here! Going to try to book Sapphire Falls when the OI rates go on sale, but if they sell out, may book a DVC room. Then driving down to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday for a Thanksgiving week cruise.
We're going to Port Canaveral on Sunday for a Thanksgiving cruise! Which ship are you on? We'll be on Wonder of the Seas (our 1st non-DCL cruise)!

They're doing another ticket drop on May 2 (for all dates) so only the 1st ticket drop sold out.
Forgot about that one! The website says May 1 for next ticket drop (also says the April 26th tickets sold out in 20 minutes!) then May 2 for the resorts.

Forgot about that one! The website says May 1 for next ticket drop (also says the April 26th tickets sold out in 20 minutes!) then May 2 for the resorts.
Oops, sorry, yup, it is May 1. It was getting the ticket and hotel dates confused!

I got tickets for November 18-19 and December 9-10. Will be our 9th and 10th meetups. Hoping to get Sapphire Falls or Aventura for November and Portofino, Hard Rock or Sapphire Falls for December.

We also got the 2 night deal in November. This will be our first time at Universal in Florida. What do others recommend for filling out our time there to see everything? Should we just plan on hanging out at the resort or CityWalk during the day or is it worth our while to get some park tickets for during the day? Maybe head over to Volcano Bay during the day? Just curious as to what others have to say - thanks!
We always try to rest up the night before and day of the meetup. When you get to walk on and off rides without standing in a line, you walk way more than in the day time. My feet have hurt so bad I wanted to cry. Foot massage stations would be a wonderful add on!

We're going to Port Canaveral on Sunday for a Thanksgiving cruise! Which ship are you on? We'll be on Wonder of the Seas (our 1st non-DCL cruise)!
We’re on the Celebrity Beyond, our first Celebrity cruise. Although we went back and forth a few times between the Beyond and Wonder of the Seas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!