• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Ended up settling with Sapphire Falls. Couldn't justify the $800 for 2 nights at Hard Rock when we won't be using the Express during the day anyways. I swear one year I had Hard Rock for $180 a night. How times have changed.
We got Hard Rock for $179 two years ago. I couldn't believe that price!!! From what I understand, Universal hotel prices have gone up quite a bit. I hope it doesn't get worse when Epic Universe opens!

As many predicted, the hotel discounts went a lot faster than the tickets did.

We'll only be at the hotel for 2 nights and had no need for EP, so the premieres weren't a consideration at those prices. Thought about Endless Summer, but for $20 more per night, we'll stick with the AP rate I grabbed for Aventura a few weeks back.

We'll drive down on Dec 1 after work. That usually gets us there around 10PM. We'll probably have a lazy morning/afternoon on Dec 2, maybe some pool time if the weather cooperates, then head to the parks in the evening for the event.

Sunday, we'll likely sleep in a bit, then drive home. I could see a scenario where we try to rope drop Hagrid's on Sunday, but it's probably unlikely ;)

Ended up settling with Sapphire Falls. Couldn't justify the $800 for 2 nights at Hard Rock when we won't be using the Express during the day anyways. I swear one year I had Hard Rock for $180 a night. How times have changed.
I paid $165/night plus tax for Portofino in December 2021 through the OI group rate. I think Hard Rock was also available at that rate that year. I'm staying at Disney the whole time this year even though I'm going for 2 nights. Just can't justify the universal prices when I let my universal AP go and have a Disney AP.

Is anyone else planning to add a Disney day before the Meetup? We’re coming in Nov and debating on Disney’s Christmas party (MCMCP) on Thursday November 16,if it’s scheduled for that night, or doing a parkhopper for that day; starting at MK and hopping to AK. Can’t decide which would be better. We’ve never done the party. I’m curious how they’ll handle Tron during party hours.

Is anyone else planning to add a Disney day before the Meetup? We’re coming in Nov and debating on Disney’s Christmas party (MCMCP) on Thursday November 16,if it’s scheduled for that night, or doing a parkhopper for that day; starting at MK and hopping to AK. Can’t decide which would be better. We’ve never done the party. I’m curious how they’ll handle Tron during party hours.

I almost can't do an Orlando trip without at least 1 Disney day, lol, but not sure if I'll fit that in this time or not. We are just doing a short weekend trip (Thurs-Sun) and doing both nights of the meetup so I'm sure we'll be too tired to do anything else. I may have to hit up DS or one of the resorts for my Disney fix.

We always go to Epcot for a day, usually before but with the Mini Meetup this year after. Some in our group are also going to HS but I'll be in the group going to Volcano Bay for the first time that day.

I hope everyone got the tickets and rooms they were trying to get this time around! How as the virtual queue line? I wondered how the room booking went since you had to have a link to book this time, (about time) and if it sold out as fast. I am really hoping for a Feb meetup, so curious how all this went down so if they keep it, I will be ready LOL

Wasn't able to get RPR/PH so I'm at HRH for mini-meetup and one night of the full shebang in December - AND!! After today's announcement I was able to snag a studio and added another Disney bookend to the weekend lol. Going to try for the new DHS party, which sounds great, and wrap things up back at WDW post-meetup.

Just thought I'd put this out for reference. I've seen folks saying that they were worried about getting tickets or this event selling out fast.
I just discovered this OI Meeting event today from an ad on Facebook.
I was able to purchase 2 tickets today (Aug 9) for Saturday, Dec 2nd.
From previous posts, I guess they went on sale Jun 6th?

I booked a package UO deal with a UO travel agent last December.
I sort of wish she had told me about this prior to my purchasing a VIP Tour for Fri, Dec 1.

I did notice that all of the discount UO hotel rooms were sold out.
Just for my own reference, would someone mind giving me what the discount rate of Royal Pacific would have been for Dec 2nd?

I'm just curious. I'm paying ~$290-ish/night for a Waterview King Room right now.

**EDIT** After clicking in, I do see that it's right round $293-ish/night for a Standard Queen, so perhaps relatively the same price.

Last edited:
I booked a package UO deal with a UO travel agent last December.
I sort of wish she had told me about this prior to my purchasing a VIP Tour for Fri, Dec 1.

In all fairness to your travel agent, dates were not announced as of December last year. They announced them in May or June. The dates are not the same weekend every year, I don't think.

Glad you got tickets though!

In all fairness to your travel agent, dates were not announced as of December last year. They announced them in May or June. The dates are not the same weekend every year, I don't think.

Glad you got tickets though!
Well, I just mean that I had never heard about it. I'm not angry or anything. Just would have been something nice to know that it existed.

We've booked UO Christmas 2024 and cannot wait to book and attend an OI meet up.

Can I just enquirer on why the Thursday night over 19 is a lot cheaper than the other dates...is it purely because it's a Thursday and not at the weekend?

We've booked UO Christmas 2024 and cannot wait to book and attend an OI meet up.

Can I just enquirer on why the Thursday night over 19 is a lot cheaper than the other dates...is it purely because it's a Thursday and not at the weekend?
Generally those Thursday nights are adults only. Not sure if that’s the case for ‘23.

Well, I just mean that I had never heard about it. I'm not angry or anything. Just would have been something nice to know that it existed.
It's a 3rd party private event hosted by Orlando Informer, so not really a Universal event that most people would know about. Now you're part of the "in the know" crowd! We've found it to be a fantastic event! This November will be my 4th event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter