• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

Will Grinch be there for meet/greet? I love watching videos of his interactions
Is it possible to just watch him with others? Or is it inside/hidden
I saw on a different website that the Grinch meets will be in a new place called Honk Honkers (?) and the sign-ups will be by virtual queue. There's a pretty funny video on another site not sure is allowed here, but it looks like a very private an highly improvisational interaction.

Might be tight to see him if you only have meet-up tickets though. Just found this - The Grinch meet and greet is available daily from 11:15a.m. through 5:15p.m. The virtual line opens at 9a.m. We would suggest checking the app at 8:45a.m. though and to keep checking throughout the day for more times to drop.

I may have missed it but, did they email out Tshirt order information?
I didn't get anything about that either.

Just double checked my confirmation from last April, and it says I should receive an email with check-in instructions and other important information by Nov 25.

Last edited:

How was the Friday meetup for you?

We were supposed to be there, but had to cancel due to illness literally 26 hours before. I’m so sad.
It was nice!! So sorry you had to cancel. I worry about that every time.
Weather was great. We flew in yesterday and so tired at the meetup due to that. We will rest today before tonight.
We ate more this time. Rode several rides. Not Hagrid but Velosicoaster was walk on. Hagrids wait time wasn't too bad but we had a newbie that had a headache so we passed for her.
So much walking...omg, my legs hurt all night.
Hope you're or whoever was sick is feeling better!

We had a fun time last night, despite the chilly weather! We're hoping to be able to go to the summer meetup in June!

Friday night Meetup was great!

Line to pick up tickets was quite long at 4:30pm, ended up walking into Universal at 5:26pm. Decided to watch the parade, and were front row once some folks left after the first few floats.
20221118_174538.jpg

Did Transformers while trapped by parade (we watched near the start of the route, right across from Hello Kitty store) - literally no wait, we were the only people in standby - wonder if it had just reopened from something?

Wandered through the Tribute store, then went to watch the Cinematic Spectacular & got good spots around 6:40pm for the 8pm show. 20221119_101036.jpg

Now, Meetup officially had started!!

Rode Simpsons, Fast Food Boulevard not yet open after so grabbed drinks & popcorn at a stand & rode ET.

Went to Cafe La Bamba for taco bar & the 2 mini desserts. All very good. Mango cheesecake was the bomb.

Rest of the night:
Mel's Drive-in (the only slow food we got)
Minions
RRR x2 (stayed on)
Churros w/ chocolate sauce
Finnigans - buffet style, jackfruit slider very good, good texture. Perogies not good.
Mummy
Mini cannoli @ Louie's
Leaky Cauldron drinks: Fishy Green Ale surprisingly good. Pumpkin juice not so much. Butterbeer delicious as always.
Gringotts
Florean Fortescue's
Knockturn Alley
Hogwarts Express
Hagrids (at 10:50pm, posted 50min, actual wait around 40)
Booked it to Velicicoaster, it was closed (just after 11:30pm)
FJ x2 - posted 15min, actually walkon (did Single rider line, quicker walk, but there was no line so we sat together)
12:03am - walked past Velicoaster which still had riders
Kong (brief 40sec ride delay as we stood waiting to board). Exited 12:18am.
Spiderman - booked it over & were last 2 groups in line as they closed the queue.

Walked off Spiderman 12:33am. Cinnabon was still open as we walked past but ran out while we were in line.

Loooong line for boat to Sapphire Falls.

Very good night. Very tired & full. Awesome.

Can't wait for tonight!

Friday night Meetup was great!

Line to pick up tickets was quite long at 4:30pm, ended up walking into Universal at 5:26pm. Decided to watch the parade, and were front row once some folks left after the first few floats.
View attachment 719881

Did Transformers while trapped by parade (we watched near the start of the route, right across from Hello Kitty store) - literally no wait, we were the only people in standby - wonder if it had just reopened from something?

Wandered through the Tribute store, then went to watch the Cinematic Spectacular & got good spots around 6:40pm for the 8pm show. View attachment 719884

Now, Meetup officially had started!!

Rode Simpsons, Fast Food Boulevard not yet open after so grabbed drinks & popcorn at a stand & rode ET.

Went to Cafe La Bamba for taco bar & the 2 mini desserts. All very good. Mango cheesecake was the bomb.

Rest of the night:
Mel's Drive-in (the only slow food we got)
Minions
RRR x2 (stayed on)
Churros w/ chocolate sauce
Finnigans - buffet style, jackfruit slider very good, good texture. Perogies not good.
Mummy
Mini cannoli @ Louie's
Leaky Cauldron drinks: Fishy Green Ale surprisingly good. Pumpkin juice not so much. Butterbeer delicious as always.
Gringotts
Florean Fortescue's
Knockturn Alley
Hogwarts Express
Hagrids (at 10:50pm, posted 50min, actual wait around 40)
Booked it to Velicicoaster, it was closed (just after 11:30pm)
FJ x2 - posted 15min, actually walkon (did Single rider line, quicker walk, but there was no line so we sat together)
12:03am - walked past Velicoaster which still had riders
Kong (brief 40sec ride delay as we stood waiting to board). Exited 12:18am.
Spiderman - booked it over & were last 2 groups in line as they closed the queue.

Walked off Spiderman 12:33am. Cinnabon was still open as we walked past but ran out while we were in line.

Loooong line for boat to Sapphire Falls.

Very good night. Very tired & full. Awesome.

Can't wait for tonight!
Sounds like you were literally right beside me we were in line at Cinnabon to when the guy came out and said sorry we’re out :)

got in at five went straight to Bourne for the 530 show
I was leaving there the parade was going on which was awesome because I had wanted to see that too and we watched it as we walked over to Starbucks grabbed a coffee to keep us awake lol
Gringots I had a 20 minute post it wait so we went over there
then we did mummy, JimmyFallon, By that time food has started so we went to Finnegan’s..By that time food has started so we went to Finnegan….. I was not impressed with the bread pudding the top part of it was the best, The buffalo chicken mac & cheese was good though
after leaving Finnegan‘s will try going into Louie’s but the line just looked too long and we wanted to do some more ride so we went over to Transformers
Hopping pot was next so I could try all the drinks I’ve always wanted, pumpkin juice and fishy aLe and I loved both, I really like the Fishy ale but I like mint soooo
then headed over to Florean Fortescue's and they were quick
It was around 9 now and grabbed Hogwarts express
did Velicoaster twice
grabbed a few gilly waters
then forbidden journey(slower than usual line)
grabbed a frozen butterbeer
Hagrids was next as it was after 10 now I thought the line would be a little shorter but it was still like a 40 minute wait and the lines seem to move slower than usual in this one too, I noticed people were using single rider line and I wish I had thought about it
Got off of Hagrid’s at 11:28 and I almost ran lol to 3 Broomstick, the number one food thing on my list I wanted to try was fish and chips …… the door was closed(but not locked) but I thought maybe I’ll be lucky and as I was getting line guy came up and said sorry we’re cutting off the line
no shame I begged him, now if I had gotten there 10 or 15 minutes late but it was literally like right on time or maybe one minute I didn’t look at my watch….HE LET ME IN! I was so happy I got two plates of fish and they were very good! And I finally got my hot butter beer, which I thought I would be drinking a lot more of that night but I was just having way too much sugar and this is the first time I ever saw the hot one
Then headed toward Spider-Man and decided to get a churro because I hadn’t had one yet
Grabbed that and a bag of chips
did Dr doom
tried for cinnabon on way out but they ran out
wish my husband had not brought the bigger backpack, ate up a lot of minutes in our day trying to stuff that thing in the lockers
we did this all in a hurrying fashion so I think you really do need 2 nights to do everything

went to MVMCP Thursday night……all I can say is since starting to visit Universal 2 years ago I’m beginning to lIke U much more, i thought even the Christmas vibe was better!

Last edited:
Night 2:

Entered Islands around 5:10pm.

Went to Seuss Landing & got in line for the 6pm Grinchmas show. We were pretty close to the front of the line, and ended up in row 5 center section (first 3 rows are reserved seating).
20221119_182905.jpg
(Crummy phone pic for now, will update with camera pic when home)

Saw Hagrids was posted 200min at some point during the day, then 130min around 6pm, then "at capacity" after 6:30pm - which is really nice actually, to try to clear the queue for the Meetup.

Exited 6pm, crossed over to US.
Transformers down, went to MiB (posted 45, waited maybe 3 in single rider). Galaxy Defenders today!

Simpson's, posted 15, probably about right counting preshows.

Transformers back up, posted 10, actual less than 5.

Fast & Furious right before 8pm, the sign said closed but they were just checking wristbands & let us on (haven't rode F&F much, it continues to be "meh"). Walkon, half full bus.

Cinematic Show finishing as we walked past to Mummy. Mummy 5-10ish min wait.

Really wanted to try the tacos at Bumblebee Man's truck. It wasn't open yet at 8:37pm but a line was forming. Fast Food Boulevard not yet open either.

Rode Kang & Kodos to kill time.

Taco truck line long after. Got in line, which was a mistake. Split up & waited at Fast Food Boulevard line to kill 2 birds. Both food places opened right at 9pm. Both lines moved quite slowly. Ducked out of FF Boulevard when it was clear the chicken shack was going pathetically slow. Eventually got tacos. They were good, definitely not with the backtrack & wait. Oh well.

Gringotts next, then Florean Fortescue's & beverages. Fizzy Orange Juice - very good! Hot butterbeer - also very good but very hot. Gringotts again.

Hogwarts Express to Islands. Hagrids was posted 75min. Pretty sure I saw it posted 130min at one point around 10pm. Skipped it, glad we rode Fri.

Velocicoaster posted 20min at 10:30pm. This was incorrect. Actual wait 50min, it was moving very slowly, not sure why. Exited 11:18pm.

My other goal for the night being Hulk, I headed that way. Inefficient but couldn't be helped at that point, since Hulk closes by midnight. Stopped in at Thunder Falls on the way. They had pre-plated meals, which was quicker but I also ended up skipping stuff I wouldn't have otherwise so as not to throw out a plate full of food for one whole chicken wing or small pile of pernil. Got the roast chicken platter instead. Also lucked into the last piece of key lime cheesecake!

Now really booking it to Hulk, carrying awkwardly balanced food with drink tucked under my elbow. Corn & potatoes very good, chicken just meh. Made it to Hulk at 11:40ish. Stowed cheesecake in locker :)

Hulk 5min wait or less.

The midnight closing rides now finished, we decided to go back to Forbidden Journey & work our way back down. Hulk closing at midnight meant wildly inefficient touring, but not sure the better options.

Ate cheesecake. Very good. Glad I saved it for the leisurely walk back up rather than the hectic walk down.

Forbidden Journey
Butterbeer
Jurassic Park River Adventure (Sat in middle of my own boat, stayed dry except for dilophosaurus)
Kong
Nabbed 3 donuts at Kong snack stand (split them for breakfast while writing this).
Dr. Doom. Tried to go again but they said it was closed (1:10am maybe?)
Spiderman x2

Cinnabon again out of cinnamon rolls, 1:27am.

A good, full Meetup!

What a cool event!
How much of an impact can I expect it to be on our trip 12/3-12/10?
The parks close fairly early all week, we're expecting that, but how about crowd levels?

What a cool event!

Main thing is that major ride lines may close early on the Meetup Fri/Sat nights. Normally you can get in line at 7:59pm on an 8pm closing, but they definitely closed several ride lines ahead of that (most notably impacted was Hagrids on Sat).

What a cool event!
The parks close fairly early all week, we're expecting that, but how about crowd levels?
People will start pouring into the parks just before 5 so expect the crowd level to go up then. You also won’t be able to linger after park close at all as tm‘s are efficient at clearing the park of day guests after park close on meetup days.

Sorry in advance if this is silly question..
I saw that the upcoming Dec 9/10 event is sold out. Do they have a wait list in the event of cancellations?

They don't have a waitlist, but there are sometimes last-minute ticket sales in the Facebook group. Sometimes people abruptly can't make it for health reasons etc and Orlando Informer gives them permission to sell the tickets to someone else with no markup. It's kinda rare, but I've seen it happen!

Got a generic 'See You This Weekend' email, so I guess I didn't get the Pteranodon Flyers again. :( Oh well, weather looks like 70's to low 80's so that will be nice. Possible evening showers on my Epcot evening Dec 12, but that's still a week off so could change.

Who is going to the Feb 3/4 OI Meet Up? When do the emails with check in instructions usually go out? I haven't gotten anything yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter