• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

How am I supposed to work today and Tuesday? I am ready for vacation!!

Have you seen this? My daughter is going to freak out, not in a good way. She is fully vaccinated but is not ready for it. I'm on the fence.

I also bought the Jurassic World mask to wear with my matching shirt at the meetup. Guess I'll wear the mask to work on Tuesday. It'll look nice with my dress clothes.

View attachment 578054

Whoa! I had not seen that. What am I going to do with the 50 disposable masks I just bought specifically for this trip? LOL We will probably bring ours anyway, just because, TBH, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go totally maskless myself (even though I'm fully vaxxed). I can definitely see my more cautious kiddo wearing hers anyway. The ironic thing is last year we told ourselves there was no way in heck we'd go to UO if we had to wear a mask (this was before it all shut down anyway), and now I can't imagine going without one. I think I will keep wearing one on planes for the foreseeable future. I've enjoyed not having a cold for the past 15 months! 😆

How am I supposed to work today and Tuesday? I am ready for vacation!!

Have you seen this? My daughter is going to freak out, not in a good way. She is fully vaccinated but is not ready for it. I'm on the fence.

I also bought the Jurassic World mask to wear with my matching shirt at the meetup. Guess I'll wear the mask to work on Tuesday. It'll look nice with my dress clothes.

View attachment 578054

Whoa! I had not seen that. What am I going to do with the 50 disposable masks I just bought specifically for this trip? LOL We will probably bring ours anyway, just because, TBH, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go totally maskless myself (even though I'm fully vaxxed). I can definitely see my more cautious kiddo wearing hers anyway. The ironic thing is last year we told ourselves there was no way in heck we'd go to UO if we had to wear a mask (this was before it all shut down anyway), and now I can't imagine going without one. I think I will keep wearing one on planes for the foreseeable future. I've enjoyed not having a cold for the past 15 months! 😆

What????!!!! No I haven't seen this yet..... not sure how I feel about that at all. They just released the most recent info about masking in lines and indoors and now they are going 100% without it one of the busiest weekends in for-ever???? ARGHHH! I also bought a bunch of masks prior to the trip we had planned to use. Sigh. My 16 yr old will still probably mask and since the youngest is not vaxxed yet, then I guess we'll still be wearing off/on I suppose when I feel the need, as when people are up my butt walking/in lines etc.

Other than that, 3 days til we leave and just 7 days til the meetup. Next Friday at this time we will be at the parks, hitting a few rides, lunch and then back to the hotel to rest until meetup time. We should all try to meetup once during the weekend! I don't know when/where lol but how fun, right??

What????!!!! No I haven't seen this yet..... not sure how I feel about that at all. They just released the most recent info about masking in lines and indoors and now they are going 100% without it one of the busiest weekends in for-ever???? ARGHHH! I also bought a bunch of masks prior to the trip we had planned to use. Sigh. My 16 yr old will still probably mask and since the youngest is not vaxxed yet, then I guess we'll still be wearing off/on I suppose when I feel the need, as when people are up my butt walking/in lines etc.

Other than that, 3 days til we leave and just 7 days til the meetup. Next Friday at this time we will be at the parks, hitting a few rides, lunch and then back to the hotel to rest until meetup time. We should all try to meetup once during the weekend! I don't know when/where lol but how fun, right??

It'll be easy to find each other--we'll be the only ones wearing masks! 😆 I kid, I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. I agree with you--I can definitely see myself wearing mine in queues/enclosed spaces. I'm curious to know if spacing guidelines are still in place? I know they recently dropped it from 6ft to 3ft, but don't know if even that is in place or enforced.

I will be so happy to be there regardless! I'm a litttle worried about weather, but hopefully any rain storms won't stick around long! I know a lot can change in a week, too.

My heart sank last night when I saw this. My kids are 9 and 11, so neither have gotten the vax. We were going to buy APs, but I told my husband last night that I don't want to anymore. With these new APs we were going to hit the park on Monday before Disney and then again the next weekend, but since the kids are spending a night with my mom during the week I no longer feel comfortable. I was so excited for Bourne Stuntacular too.

Now I need to go find some KN95s for the kids before we leave in 2 days...

I am still hoping that it's not true....nothing has been officially confirmed by USO as of yet, just some blogs that are not official putting it out there. That isn't to say it's not true but I am hoping they will hold off a little longer. We shall see I guess.

I understand Sara, I hate your plans have likely had to change but 100% understand! I hope you can have a great time while you are in the parks though!

After I posted, I realized that was not an official Universal Twitter account. I did try to find more info and saw some Florida news stations were announcing this too. A CBS station in Miami and WESH 4 which is an Orlando station. That's where I check for my hurricane information. I am in Kentucky. I am not sure how I feel about it myself. If I feel uncomfortable, I'll be in one. I doubt anyone will heckle you if your in a mask, especially during the meetup. Meetup atmopshere is amazing. You really feel like a VIP.

The first weekend in December meetup it rained. OI gave away ponchos at the hospitatily desk also hand warmers. I'll watch the weather and stick my watershoes in the backpack just in case if it looks like it is needed.

Sorry for the double post, but just saw on the OI FB page that UO has dropped their social distancing guidelines (3ft or 6ft) from their website. They just ask guests to keep a "safe distance" from one another. One one hand eeeek, on the other hand maybe that will mean the lines will look shorter? LOL Maybe Hagrid won't go to VQ as quickly? Curious what how this might affect the capacity limits, too. Hmmm...

I think all bets are off in regard to capacity and lines. It's going to be insane IMHO. I am not looking forward to that part at all. I am excited about the meetup still, I think because it's limited and people will try to be nice to each other more so ;) that it will go well. I am hoping the express pass the second part of the week works out good for us. I think Hagrid's will be just as bad, because more people in the parks. Time will tell.

Good point about it being a free for all. Blergh. I'm just super extra grateful for our EPs and the meet-up!

Happy Saturday friends!

Just 6 long days left before the first night of the meetup! We leave in 2 days, so this weekend is spent washing clothes, buying last minute items, double checking the packing list, pulling out suitcases, making sure we have snacks/drinks for the road and the hotel. We were happy to see was pass by 2 Bucc-ee's on the way down lol, that's our fav place to stop, best bathrooms, a quick lunch and snack stop when needed. Inevitably I always buy something else lol like a shirt for the kids, etc. Their bbq sandwiches are really good!

Does anyone know when we find out if we got the lucky lottery winnings for the flyers? Is it at check in or will they email prior? Just curious.

We leave Tuesday so starting to prep here too! I’m sure there will be some last minute shopping in our future. We won’t pack until Monday, but I should start my lists!!

Does anyone know when we find out if we got the lucky lottery winnings for the flyers? Is it at check in or will they email prior? Just curious.

If I remember correctly, it said they would email you on May 31 if you were selected!

We leave Tuesday so starting to prep here too! I’m sure there will be some last minute shopping in our future. We won’t pack until Monday, but I should start my lists!!

If I remember correctly, it said they would email you on May 31 if you were selected!
You’re correct! They just posted on FB that selected parties will find out on 5/31.

Excited for all of you going! Please share trip reports! I’m really curious as to how food distribution, etc. differs from the December meetup.

We’ll be there in November!

@mfly we sure will! I am so ready for this vacation. I work in the school district and it's been a stressful year, so I need some fun in my life! lol I love my job and the kids but whew this year, has us all worn out. We are also attending in November, can't wait to see everything decorated for the holidays. I also started a Nov meetup thread in case you haven't seen it :) I know it is a ways off, but figured no use in waiting!

I can imagine it was quite busy at the airports! We start our drive tomorrow, which I am not looking forward too, hoping maybe we'll be going the opposite way of the other travelers lol but I doubt it! I worry mostly about Atlanta area which is where we always get stopped at :/ so we shall see!
I am not going to lie, I am getting more nervous about the amt of people likely at the parks this week and next but I know we will still have a good time. I wonder if it'll be comparable to what we have experienced before in late May/early June trips or this one will be busier since people are tired of being at home.

Well here we are 5 days from the meetup! I will report back on Tues evening/night how the busy the parks are after we arrive and check in and such. We are hitting Margaritaville for dinner at 4:30 pm on Tues before we head into the parks (yep have a reservation) and I can't wait! Last time we really enjoyed our meal there. I have reservations now for Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sun and Tues. Margaritaville, Antojitos, NBC grill, Cowfish and Toothsome. The other days we plan to hit Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron, plus the 2 meetup days will be the bonus bite zones. Overall I feel good about our reservations, the rest of the meals will be "quick service" if you want to call it that with the crazy mobile ordering they require.

We arrived at Sapphire Falls this afternoon for 1 night before moving to BWV. The pool was pretty crowded. We’re going to head to the parks in a bit to check them out. A few people wearing masks around the hotel, a lot of kids that look my kids’ age and younger (11 and 9) are not wearing masks.

Thanks for the tip Sara! I am glad we bought some extra to bring with us, I was worried that would be the case. I am still hoping it clears out a little bit after tomorrows holiday.

I’m bracing myself for crazy crowds. 😖 Thank goodness for the meetup because I think the rest of the time will be a madhouse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter