****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

Thank you all for posting your updates!

What was food distribution like? Was it “normal” at quick service locations (i.e. wait in line, get food, leave), or did they require you to sit at a table in order to order?

Thank you all for posting your updates!

What was food distribution like? Was it “normal” at quick service locations (i.e. wait in line, get food, leave), or did they require you to sit at a table in order to order?

Its kind of grab and go. Most have a small buffet line you tell them what you want and they plate it and you move on to next station. Lines were moving fairly quickly from what we saw at the locations we stopped at.

What time did Hagrids close for the evening at the meet up? Also, same with Hulk?

How long was the wait for Hagrids?

Hagrid’s line was 45min around 10pm. I had the fun experience of trying to bypass most of the line for a bathroom break for the 9 yr old. Thankfully they let us back up the exit and we waited by the family room for the other 2.

We rode Hulk 2x right around 11:45/midnight. The line definitely gets long there at the end of the night- people trying to hit it before leaving. We found that last time as well. We were able the get 1st row quickly at 11:45, line for 1st row started forming after us.

I actually saw a lot of churros around, but the first one I had was not so great so I skipped having more.

Florean Fortescue’s line was very long and didn’t get in. Butter beer lines were very long early in the evening, quick at the end. The big barrel had both regular and frozen.

There was a line for MIB and Hagrid’s, I think the kids had a minor wait for RRR b/c it had been shut down for weather. I refuse to ride that one. But it was walk on while we took the path to IOA. I waited for the brisket sandwich at Monster’s Cafe (while they were riding). The chicken there was very good. We really didn’t have a wait anywhere for food except maybe some snack carts at the end of the night.

Very glad I brought dry socks after the rain.

Took the boat back to HRH. Portofino and HRH were sharing a boat at the end of the night. Very glad we got on it instead of walking bc the skies opened again.

Night 2 was a success for us. We hit IOA for food, went to the ampitheatre this time, they had pizza, full size burgers, actual wings, celery/carrots, pasta, cookies and drinks. They even had a dj playing music. I think it was pretty organized. The only downside was it was quite warm and muggy in there, no air flow at all. Some big fans would have been great. Next up was ride time! Kong- ah-mazing. Actually rode twice to switch sides and see everything, spiderman, hulk, storm force accelerators, fear fall, raptor encounter, mummy, all seuess rides minus carousel. Walked around hogsmeade early on, ended the night at studios to hit mib and diagon alley in hopes of hot butterbeer. Sadly sold out. Had peach drink and the oj drink instead. Talked to the knight bus driver, he is seriously the best! We talked to/pics with Betty Boop, Shaggy & scooby, spidey and wolverine.

I think there were more snacks avail tonight as well. I had churros 3 diff times, and all were hot and fresh, not close to being out. Pretzels looked plentiful as well. We ate some quick things from various places as well.

Anyway, overall we had a fab time, can’t wait to do it again in Nov and have more fun!!

Attachments

• AB63123A-8AAD-4CED-B118-D5913E043561.jpeg
    AB63123A-8AAD-4CED-B118-D5913E043561.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 31CB5906-B8BE-4D40-B497-DA27FA899D83.jpeg
    31CB5906-B8BE-4D40-B497-DA27FA899D83.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 8D734145-E76E-4E48-AB2C-F3DA0C4BBB6B.jpeg
    8D734145-E76E-4E48-AB2C-F3DA0C4BBB6B.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 12
  • 49DB293E-E2BE-4CB9-A84D-F77D5EF9E483.jpeg
    49DB293E-E2BE-4CB9-A84D-F77D5EF9E483.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 12
I thought I’d put my review of the event in here. This was my 1st meetup but I have been going to Uni multiple times a year for many many years. I love the parks! I recently let my annual pass go so thought it would be a good time to try out the meetup.

I never could justify the extra cost of the meetup when I was a pass holder. For someone in my situation, it worked out wonderfully. We only went to the parks during the meetup times so basically 4pm - 12:30/1:30am both nights. It was the right amount of time but boy did we put the steps in! We did waste some time the 1st night waiting for the rain to let up and the second night lightening while in the Hagrid’s queue, but even with that we did everything we wanted in the two nights. If we would have only done one night,we would have been terribly disappointed.

The food was good (except the bite zones- I didn’t enjoy that food) and plentiful. It was so nice to just walk up and grab whatever we wanted. It was hot so I think we made out just in water bottles lol. The atmosphere was fun and the marked difference between the crowds at 4pm and 9pm was astonishing. Wow, to be able to walk around enjoying the sites without a million sweaty bodies surrounding you. That and enjoying everything at night was spectacular.

I would definitely do a meet up weekend again. It was nice not having to stay at a premium hotel since express wasn’t needed at the event. The waits for the rides were nonexistent and it’s different from express because there aren’t any crowds anywhere, not just the express lane. I’m not sure there is an off season to go anymore to find low crowds, and if you do find an off season with low crowds, the park will close at 6pm. SO if you want to enjoy the parks at night with low crowds and your food prepaid this is a great way to go.

We're back home now, we had an amazing 8 days at Universal with the meetup 2 of those days. I think I am spoiled now and only want to go during a meetup weekend LOL we had such a great time with low crowds! The only time I felt crowded was in WWoHP to me, and it was mostly at the beginning of the meetup, if you want til later, you can enjoy it with less people and get good pics, do spells, shop, and just enjoy the atmosphere. We enjoyed non existent lines, we didn't do Hagrids during meetup since we had snagged a VQ spot earlier in the week. My older one rode the big rollercoasters several times during the meetup nights. It was fun getting on the storm force accelerator again, we did it 5 years ago and the little loved it, she still did LOL She ended up chickening out of riding any big coasters - only did hagrids, and all the other hp rides plus the mummy. No RRR, Hulk or Velocicoaster for her. Maybe in November!

Been back home since Tuesday but this is my first time really logging into the DIS.

Had a great time at the meet up on Saturday night. We got in right around 4 and made a bee line straight to Velciocoaster. Posted time was about 110 minutes and we waited slightly less than that. Knowing we had the rest of the parks to ourselves for the rest of the night made the wait more than worth it since we're not sure when the next time we'll get down to Uni will be. All I can say is WOW. Universal really outdid themselves with that ride, and if that's a hint at what's in store for Epic Universe, I am on BOARD!!

I happened to check the Virtual Queue situation on a whim around 6pm while in line for Bonus Bites (agree with the previous poster who said the food was not good at those) and was lucky to grab Hagrid's for 6:45. I had no idea they added more times at 6 so it was just luckily I decided to check then. The luck ran out when we got over to Hagrid's just as it was closing due to weather. :sad2: We got an express pass to use on anything else so we went over to Forbidden Journey. We didn't ride it during last Feb's meet up, and my mom had never been on it. It's been 5 or 6 years since I had ridden and I thought I remember it being mostly simulator but forgot about every other aspect of the ride. This was a huge mistake, because mom has vertigo and it ended up being really bad for her for a few hours afterwards. She ended up not riding anything else until we were able to get on Hagrid's right at the end of the night. I got a ride on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (which isn't one she would have gone on anyway).

Overall I thought it was a good enough night but I think she was a bit disappointed at how little she felt that we did. I think she's already thinking about trying to go to one of the one's later in the year.

Really enjoyed the night we spent at Sapphire Falls as well. I love the way that lobby smelled!

@bryana sorry your mom had such a bad ending! I have not ridden FJ since 2015 and I honestly can't remember much of it lol I didn't ride this trip because moving walk ways are hard for me due to knee replacements. I can do them, but always worry I might fall or hurt my knee. Maybe in November! I really hope to lose enough weight by Nov so I can fit on Velocicoaster, I was so sad I didn't get to ride. Everyone talks about how great it is, so I know once I can fit, I'll love it. I think she should try the next one, knowing what to not ride FJ this time around and I bet she has a better time and enjoys the parks more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter