Oh the places We Go, The People We see

yummmmmm Cheesecake Factory!!
I like the snickers bar one!!!

I am notorious for running over objects in the road. I ran over a piece of truck tire in Arizona and tore off the right side of my front bumper. I also ran over a metal mud flap off an 18 wheeler in Idaho. I am looking forward to the rest of your trip.

I am notorious for running over objects in the road. I ran over a piece of truck tire in Arizona and tore off the right side of my front bumper. I also ran over a metal mud flap off an 18 wheeler in Idaho. I am looking forward to the rest of your trip.

LOL! I am usually good at avoiding it, but sometimes you just can't move fast enough or do so without causing an accident.

Cool:cool1:! A new TR!:cloud9:

Welcome!!!!!:yay:

Subbing, forgot you'd be there for some of the time. We just got back Friday and had a fabulous time!

Subbing, forgot you'd be there for some of the time. We just got back Friday and had a fabulous time!

Welcome home. It was hard to remember who all was there, there were so many people there then.

Nov. 2, 2012 Friday

4:50 AM the alarm went off, but I think I was pretty much up at that point anyways. I got up and dressed and fixed myself up real pretty. LOL
I let Claire sleep as long as possible. Amanda was up in her room and getting herself ready as well. She was going to go to work early after dropping us off and then she could leave early to drive up to Toledo.

Our plan was to be on the road by 5:30. I finally woke Claire and she was so sleepy. She swore she would sleep the whole way down on the plane …news flash …she didn’t sleep a wink … and we packed up the remaining things. I left my overnight bag right at Amanda’s house. I had packed it so that there was nothing in there that we needed to take with us, there for not upsetting the balance of my big suitcases.
Amanda put 2 chocolate muffins in a baggy for us to take to the airport for breakfast. I also grabbed a banana before we left as well. I am one who needs to eat pretty much right away or I get a headache. Claire, on the other hand doesn’t need to eat for hours.
Soon it was time to leave and we made fabulous time. Amanda was worried about traffic, but I guess when you leave at Butt crack thirty, no one else is on the road. Amanda even made a wrong turn, going naturally towards her work and then made it a little longer route to the airport, and still we made great time.
She dropped us off at the Southwest curbside check in and we said our good byes and Claire and I dragged 3 big suitcases, one carryon, 2 back backs and another little bag she had over to the check in. It probably looked comical. We checked in the 3 big suitcases (and one of those had a rolling duffle for extra purchases for the way home) and went on in to go through security. Now when I had been here just 6 weeks prior, going through security was like a ghost town. Not a person in sight for the most part. So I knew we didn’t have to get here “too” early to make it through just to sit and wait.
This time it was much busier. Not bad, but still a lot busier and they had 2 or 3 lines going this time.
Since we were decked out in tie dye Mickey tees and Disney cruise sweatshirts, and our bags all had some sort of Disney thing on them, we were asked several times where we were going. The one security guard made friends with Claire and told her how lucky she was to miss school for Disney. Claire has such a cool Mom …don’t I know it.

We found our gate and picked some seats and I pulled out one of the muffins. Claire didn’t want anything yet, so I ate the whole thing myself. We played on our gadgets until it was boarding time.

earlyairport.jpg

We made one last potty break and bought a drink to take with us on the plane and soon it was time to go. The boarding was much more orderly this time. People did seem to look at the boarding numbers a little more carefully on this flight. On the 4 flights to and from Galveston, no one seemed to care at all.
We also had a better boarding number; I think something like 20 and 21. WE got on the plane fast and found a row not too far back at all. Claire jumped in her window seat, something she was worried about the whole time, and we settled in.

It appeared that the plane was not sold out and we kind of hoped no one would sit with us, but then towards the end, a lady did sit with us. She was very nice and we made a bit of chit chat here and there.
Things were going fast and soon the plane door was shut and we were on our way. The pilot said we would be arriving in Orlando early because we were going to have some good tail winds. YES! I love hearing that. I seem to start getting panic attacks on planes lately. After about an hour in I start feeling like I need to move and it plays with my mind. I did much better this trip. I have learned to take rescue remedy. I don’t know if it works or is all in your mind, but I seem to be a bit calmer with it. I am not afraid of flying; I just hate being cramped up for 2 hours. And for the record, I have been having this issue in car trips over the past year too. If I am the driver, it doesn’t seem to bother me so much.

Soon we were taking off and saw the beautiful lights below us.

nightsky.jpg

We watched the sun come up.

nightsky2.jpg

I made Claire pull out some homework. She wasn’t too happy about that, but we did know there wouldn’t be much time to work on it later, so it was best to get through some of it. We did half of the math (the other subject sent with us) done. Technically she could’ve gotten it all done, but she really started grumbling, so we put it away. It was easy math too, with most being greater than and less than problems.

We were served snacks and drinks, which was a highlight for Claire and she watched a movie on her ipod and I did a little reading.
Soon we were landing ….25 minutes early. I was so happy.

flplane1.jpg

flplane2.jpg

flplane3.jpg

I had to go to the bathroom, but figured I would wait since we landed early. I try to avoid the airplane bathroom if I can, plus I didn’t want to make our row mate have to move.
Sadly, with being so early, our gate was not open. So we sat and waited and waited and waited.

landed1.jpg

landed2.jpg

landed3.jpg

Finally we made it to our gate. We got off fairly fast and headed to the bathroom.
We were excited and ready. The weather was nice and we could hardly wait to feel it.

We went over to wait for the fake monorail.

mco1.jpg

And soon it was there and we hopped on.
In our excitement, I took a picture of Claire on the monorail.

lyunneinbackground.jpg

Look closely at the picture. You will see a lady staring at us in the background. I didn’t notice her in the picture till I got home.

Soon after that picture, as Claire and I were chatting away, I notice this lady walking towards me. My first thought was, “Wow, she looks just like Lynne”.
My words to her as she came forward were, “You look so familiar”. And she replied, “I should, I’m Lynne.”
So who is Lynne you may ask?
Lynne is a former coworker. My job is mostly online based and everyone who works for it lives basically all over the country, even one in Canada. We talk on facebook and via emails, but we haven’t met many of each other in real life. I have been lucky enough to meet 4 up to this point, Brook, who I have traveled twice with now, and Mindy and Patty, who traveled to WDW last year when I did too.
Lynne recently quit the company, so I had not talked to her for a few weeks. Originally, many months ago, Lynne was going to come down to WDW and go to the Halloween party and then sail on the same Dream sailing that I was, she ended up canceling that to go on a Princess cruise, which she ended up canceling because her Dad was having health issues. I had not talked to her much since then, and hadn’t realized that the WDW portion of her trip was back on.
I was totally shocked to see her there and what a small world to be on the same monorail car.
We chatted a bit and she introduced me to her niece. We walked and talked after getting off the monorail and then we stopped for a picture before going on our separate ways.

lynneandI.jpg

meandlynne.jpg

Lynne was renting a car, so she headed off in a different direction.
As we moved on, I saw this for the first time (I usually fly into Sanford), so we stopped for a blurry photo op.

mcogoofy.jpg

Claire and I headed outside before hitting the Magical Express line. We just had to go and feel the weather before going on a bus.

Hi,
Catching this one from the beginning. Cheesecake Factory is so good. The Reese's is my favorite.

We are doing a cruise next year so following along to see how yours was.

When I got home, his Mom had done a load of laundry for him. He says he never did any on his own, which I am sure he didn't. He only wore like 6 pairs of underwear while I was gone for 2 weeks. I questioned him about this...and he "says" he did a load then. I don't believe him. I think he went two weeks with being as gross as he possibly could. :rotfl:

Edit...Oh and he's all mine....you can't have him.

:rotfl2: I needed a good laugh this morning. Makes me think about John wearing his holey socks rather than going downstairs to go good ones out of the dryer.

Well ….let’s just say …Amanda and I could fail the 2nd grade. We worked on phonics. Who invented such a horrid subject. Neither of us understood how to do her work, but she seemed to know what she was doing. It looked “wrong” to us, but what do we know.

It took us a week to catch up with Kadence homework, and we failed her math. They do it all different that when I was in school (too long ago apparently) and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Last time I checked, you need length times width to figure square footage. They gave her only length and she was suppose to figure it out. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter