Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

No email for me yet. I also just found out that Disney sent my ME docs to the wrong address. Honestly, it happens just about every other trip for me. I have a physical address and a PO Box and they are always sending mail to my physical address.

I did get my Magic Band, at least.

NO email here either, checked spam folder too. Hopefully when they send out the electronic gift card they really email everyone otherwise I foresee see a long line at the race expo....

Had the same thought reading the messages on here. No emails here either...

Add me to the list of no email.

I wonder if it is participants who signed up for a specific race that are/are not receiving the emails yet?

As is, if you signed up for only the half you got your email already, but Lumiere challenge racers haven't been sent yet?

I wonder if it is participants who signed up for a specific race that are/are not receiving the emails yet?

As is, if you signed up for only the half you got your email already, but Lumiere challenge racers haven't been sent yet?

I am registered for just the Half and have not received the email. I checked my spam as well. I usually do receive emails from RunDisney.

I received the email yesterday and I am signed up for the Lumiere's Challenge.

To respond to an earlier post, I was in one of the last corrals for Star Wars. It was jammed entering the backstage area of Epcot(the marching band was taking too much road)-stop and go in the showcase, walking only leaving Epcot, mostly walking through the Boardwalk, stop and go through DHS, then it opened up. The problem was both races, but worse for the 10K.

I'm doing the half and haven't gotten an email. My last name starts with M, maybe that's it. It's weird tehy wouldn't just blast everyone at once though.

Lumiere. Last name starts with C. Perfect Wine & Dine. And I seem to get all the runDisney emails that people mention (and then some).

Just curious, was the main choke point along the service road and walking path between the Boardwalk and DHS? I was in a front corral for both the 10k and half, so I didn't experience the problems that others did. However, I did notice that it seemed quite narrow along that road/walkway. Were there any other choke points?

That was the worst one, but others included going back into the AK parking lot from AK and the gravel trail into WWOS. There were others to I think, but I've blocked it out. I was in a middle(ish) corral - H.

Still no email here. Lumiere's Challenge and last name starts with I. The mystery continues...and I continue to check my email more often then ever!

I guess the good thing about this is that they ARE moving on stuff related to this weekend. Hopefully we'll get our emails soon and the event guide, etc. will come out soon as well. :confused3

Just curious, was the main choke point along the service road and walking path between the Boardwalk and DHS? I was in a front corral for both the 10k and half, so I didn't experience the problems that others did. However, I did notice that it seemed quite narrow along that road/walkway. Were there any other choke points?
I started near the back of the 2nd-to-last corral for the 10K. It was congested, but moving at at least a 13:00/mi pace until we got into EP. The first alarming thing was an early character stop - we pulled over to get a pic and were told it was closed: no more pics. And there was still an entire corral behind us that had yet to start or only just started! The crowding got tighter and tighter through EP, but we'd been going along at a good clip until then, so we stuck to our plan to hit the restroom in the UK. When we exited, the rD staffers were yelling (and not in an encouraging way, but a cranky, mean coach kind of way) to "GET MOVING!!" Balloon Ladies had passed by and we were in danger of being swept. Yeah, scream that repeatedly at a couple thousand people in a tight space and see how that works out. People started dodging and weaving with abandon, but there was seriously NOWHERE to go: it was a wall of humanity ahead of me and I could only move at the pace it was moving... which was mighty slow. It stayed like that all through the BW/path to DHS area. Opened up a bit in DHS, and got better once we hit Osceola. But in the worst of it, it honestly felt dangerous. It really felt out of control and scary and the rD people screaming at everyone was not helping.

I still can't figure out what happened. I mean, at our pace and start time there was no way we should have wound up behind the Balloon Ladies when we did. Something went screwy in there.

Did anyone else get an email from Disney regarding the gift card today? It says I'll receive an electronic Disney Gift Card during the week of 10/24. Hopefully we'll receive more info soon!
Nothing here yet...

Just checked my email again for today and the gift card email is there from Disney Gift Card Services (not even in spam)

I wouldn't be surprised if RunDisney uses the cheapest email service available lol. We talk about this all the time at work since we send out a newsletter, and you have to pay a lot more to have your email blasts sent to everyone at once. Depending on the service you use, it can take up to several days for everyone to receive their email.

Does anyone know, is the barcode for the $15 gift card something that you could add to MDE and have on your MagicBand?

Just checked my email again for today and the gift card email is there from Disney Gift Card Services (not even in spam)

Woo! Just got my email about the gift card! Feels like we're getting closer. I leave 3 weeks from tomorrow!!

Just got the email too!

Y'all are making me super excited when I see my email notification......but alas it is just a notification to a reply to this thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter