Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I figured something was starting to happen. W&D was usually listed 3rd under the events tab at the top of the RD site. Today, it is second.

Got my email, timestamp at 1:06pm today. And then I laughed at myself for being all in a tizzy on an email telling me to expect an email! LOL!

#SneakyHackerKeelz always comes through for us! :worship:

I figured something was starting to happen. W&D was usually listed 3rd under the events tab at the top of the RD site. Today, it is second.

Don't they usually try to cycle them through so the next race is the one at the top? I thought that's what I've noticed in the past.

5 miles on the local HS track this morning. Nice full negative split, too. Guy DW and I know from the JCC showed up around the start of mile 3 for me, so we ran together until I finished. That helped a ton. I've been lucky enough to have some runs with others recently, and that has been a nice lift. We were even talking back and forth the whole time. Maybe the training has started to pay off. Next: around 5k Saturday, with hopefully 13.1 on a paved river trail Sunday.

Don't they usually try to cycle them through so the next race is the one at the top? I thought that's what I've noticed in the past.

Yeah - they changed the drop-down navigation earlier this week to finally move the DLH to the end of the list, but for some reason Paris is still at the top.

Oh, and if you go to the DLH page - you can still "register" for this year's race.

Methinks the RD interns should spend more time on actual race-related things than on that terribly written and poorly edited Stride Magazine ... but that's just me.

They "officially" set the date for next year's DLH weekends so I think that's why it was moved. Hilarious that you can still "register"...oh, runDisney. :p

Haven't received anything here yet. And I'm not liking the idea of a "virtual gift card". I'm guessing that means I need to print something out and carry it around with me?

Haven't received anything here yet. And I'm not liking the idea of a "virtual gift card". I'm guessing that means I need to print something out and carry it around with me?
I know, I thought the same. I was hoping we could at least maybe put the code onto our Magic Band but that just seems too easy!!

My guess is that we can either print it out and they scan the barcode from the print-out for purchases, or they can scan the barcode from a smartphone. FWIW I think it's stupid and cheap and very likely to be problematic, and wish they'd just do a normal gift card.

.... Perfect Wine & Dine.....

We have to stick together. 8-) no email for me or my son (same name, he's lumiere), wife got one, though. i'm hit or miss with their emails. missed the reminder about qualifying time for the marathon last year, but got lucky at expo.

No gift card email yet for me. I did, however, just get an email that my FP+ for Dinosaur was changed to Primeval Whirl (a ride I hate). I guess Dino will be down? Changed it to Lion King instead.

New Runner Tracking page for W&D this year (replaces the Xacte page from last year/previous races):

http://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-wd-2016

Obviously, there's nothing here to see just yet. BUT - this page did not exist yesterday, so there may be hope for bibs and such soon! I'll keep poking around.
Thanks @Keels! Really hoping for bib numbers soon!

Any time now, runDisney...any time. :surfweb:
Yes! ::yes::

This smiley is perfect. I feel like that's all I want to do, sit in front of a computer with my coffee just waiting.

I got my gift card email today too. :woohoo:Really hoping this means the important info is coming really soon.

Oh, and to the person who mentioned the shirt for Lumiere being listed as short-sleeved, I noticed that when you click the link to take you to the size chart it does still say long sleeved there (something like "this size chart is for a Champion long sleeved performance shirt"). So while I obviously thought all along it was just a typo in that section, that pretty much confirms that. Which is good, because while I originally wanted short sleeves, I've become happy with the thought of more long sleeved. I love my shirt from last year.

I still can't figure out what happened. I mean, at our pace and start time there was no way we should have wound up behind the Balloon Ladies when we did. Something went screwy in there.

YES. Never in my life have I even seen the balloon ladies before this race. I dropped back to about the same corral as you to run with a friend and we couldn't believe it. I can also confirm the rest. My running partner freaked out when they started yelling to hurry! We were at the exit from WS onto the boardwalk when we heard it though

#HackerKeelz :surfweb:

I'm always excited when youre in a group because I know we will beat the system! :worship:

No gift card email yet for me. I did, however, just get an email that my FP+ for Dinosaur was changed to Primeval Whirl (a ride I hate). I guess Dino will be down? Changed it to Lion King instead.

Me too! They extended the refurb so we'll now be meeting Disney pals ☺ It's our departure day so no water and we already had Everest and lion king with rd plans for safari. I think there's still emh that day.

Yep I got the same email, and also assuming Dinosaur is down...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter