***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I guess this might seem trivial to some, but WDW has started casting for positions at SWGE internally. Several friends have been officially accepted into Batuu, one of them will be a merchandise coordinator. She is very excited :) No training at the land just yet since it's still under construction.
Casting call went out for attractions through out the property, so many applied that the job position was taken down within a day.

I'll speculate...that if Fall room bookings remain soft, then they will announce the opening of ROTR about a nano second after it's ready to go.
Unless they announce a Fall room discount first...which I think is coming sooner rather than later.
Any grand plans go out the window with a bunch of empty rooms....$$$$

The WDW SW:GE announcement I'm most looking forward to is finding out how they are planning to handle crowds when it first opens!

How far in advance of the DL version did they announce that they were using a reservation system? Wondering if we'll have a similar lead time to find out WDWs plans?
I think they mentioned the reservations system in March sometime, but they didn't say the specific date until April 23rd which was barely a month out. So given the timing, I would think we will hear if they're going to do a similar system by July 4th or immediately after.

I'll speculate...that if Fall room bookings remain soft, then they will announce the opening of ROTR about a nano second after it's ready to go.
Unless they announce a Fall room discount first...which I think is coming sooner rather than later.
Any grand plans go out the window with a bunch of empty rooms....$$$$
Someone else mentioned this to me just today. Can you point me to the articles or whatever talking about how reservations are actually down for the fall? We were trying to debate whether people are just totally scared off to not bother OR what I think is more likely that everyone is waiting to see what the system, if any, is going to be.

I don't know how they could backtrack now and announce a reservation system for WDW after already publicizing the daily extra extra magic hours for resort guests.

I don't know how they could backtrack now and announce a reservation system for WDW after already publicizing the daily extra extra magic hours for resort guests.
The EEMH don't start until September 1st. The first three days HS just opens early at 6am for everyone. So hypothetically they could do some sort of reservation system for the opening weekend, and then after that just free-for-all and virtual queues.

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina
Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.
Go forth, adventurers, and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by planning ahead with these new innovative digital planning tools to access Batuu, resulting in more time to enjoy the Disneyland Resort!

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina
Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.
Go forth, adventurers, and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by planning ahead with these new innovative digital planning tools to access Batuu, resulting in more time to enjoy the Disneyland Resort!
Smart move. Hope they get this right on day one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter