**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

@yulilin3 and other friends had asked if I've made a trip to Watto's Grotto. Until yesterday, I hadn't. Boy, was I surprised!! It's Darth's Mall renamed Watto's Grotto! There is sooo much more new merchandise than there was during SWW!! We were very impressed. DS had fun with cm asking the Talking Yoda questions. It's very similar to his R2 unit that dances and plays games. The only BB-8 they had was a spinning one and plush. New baseball hats included imperian officer hats. I took a ton of pictures of the merchandise during a downpour yesterday.

It was very bittersweet to see the ending of Mulch, Sweat and Shears. For years, we avoided it like the plague because ds couldn't handle the loudness. In the past year, he's been able to tolerate more and this group has become a favorite. (It was during FSF the first year, when they played on stage as the Ice Men of the North.)

We caught one show yesterday and it was nice to see fellow DIS there as well, @yulilin3 and @Gianfootography, I caught a picture or two of them at the show.

i just figured i would check in cause i have been editing pictures from the talks last summer and was wondering if anything was up yet. i got some good shots of each talk. tried to edit out peoples heads as much as possible. that movie screen in the background reeks havoc on editing to get proper shadows and highlights. my darth vader pics sucked cause the sun came out exactly when we were up. just our luck. chewy came out good.

jim

i just figured i would check in cause i have been editing pictures from the talks last summer and was wondering if anything was up yet. i got some good shots of each talk. tried to edit out peoples heads as much as possible. that movie screen in the background reeks havoc on editing to get proper shadows and highlights. my darth vader pics sucked cause the sun came out exactly when we were up. just our luck. chewy came out good.

jim
let us know when you add them to your flickr account

I understand the disappointment when a favorite goes away, @yulilin3. I never really "got" Mulch Sweat and Shears -- we tending to avoid it. I'm not clear on how it fit into the theming either, but I may well be in the minority. Not that this should lessen your disappointment at all, but I suspect that for every guest who really misses them, many more will never notice -- I'm sure we wouldn't have, and we've been to WDW A LOT. I also don't know that it was just to save a few bucks. With all of the changes afoot for DHS, I'd expect changes in entertainment. All that said, I know it STINKS when a favorite disappears. :( I hope that on net, you had a good time yesterday. :)
It fit into the theme because they would "sneak into the park" to play and maybe score a record deal.
I understand the point that not everyone loved them, some even avoided them but I'm never ok with something closing when there's nothing replacing it with something of equal or better level of entertainment.
I didn't really like Off Kilter or the Pirates attraction at DHS or Stitch attraction at MK but I don't want to see those things leave...it's only one less thing for someone to enjoy thus that person has to go somewhere else. And with DHS starting to put construction walls up they need all the entertainment they can get, which is why it makes no sense for them leaving now. To me it all started when they got rid of 4 for a Dollar...what was the point? people got entertained while they waited for Beauty and the Beast, now people just sit and wait.
Overall I had a good time yesterday, got to see some Disney friends and my daughter had a great day with her friends thanks to a lot of awesome CM. Now I'm going thru 200 pictures of the band, and trimming it down (get it? trimming :) )
I hope everyone has a good week!

Well, we are hedging our bets and are booked for May 20-29. Thank you so much to those who are posting information and taking the time to find out some answers, however vague...it is so appreciated!

Though I find myself refreshing this thread far too often lol. I keep thinking the announcement will be posted any day, but it sounds like December will be the target for that after all...

Add me to the list of people who are bitterly disappointed that Mulch, Sweat and Shears are gone. They were such a fun group.

Just got off the phone with DVC Member services for a matter unrelated to SWW. At the end of the conversation, I figured what the hell, I'll ask AGAIN. The CM I spoke to seems to be on the same page with everyone else. She doesn't think SWW is being cancelled this year. She checked the web site and said that she was fairly certain that if it was being cancelled it would no longer be on the website. Of course she was unable to say one way or another anything definite, she seemed confident that our beloved SWW will be coming at least in 2016.

Hope this helps put some minds at ease....

I'm so happy I found this thread again...and totally daunted that it's at 80 pages. It's going to take FOREVER to catch up, but I know it'll be worth it! AP holder for years, SWW attendee for years, and @yulilin3 's 2015 SWW thread was invaluable and contributed to a great experience for me and DH who were limited to ONE DAY this year!

I'm registered for the Dark Side half marathon (also did inaugural SW half at DL in January), so hope to see some of you!! Now back to catching up (while Episode V is playing - for reals, y'all). :eek:

I'm so happy I found this thread again...and totally daunted that it's at 80 pages. It's going to take FOREVER to catch up, but I know it'll be worth it! AP holder for years, SWW attendee for years, and @yulilin3 's 2015 SWW thread was invaluable and contributed to a great experience for me and DH who were limited to ONE DAY this year!

I'm registered for the Dark Side half marathon (also did inaugural SW half at DL in January), so hope to see some of you!! Now back to catching up (while Episode V is playing - for reals, y'all). :eek:
Welcome back! Don't worry about catch up, just jump right in. Anything known for sure is on the first post and updated regularly by @yulilin3!

With all the talk of potential ticket price increases, I decided to go ahead and book a trip for May 10-18. I have two trips booked now (the other is a BB for Sept) but I only intend to actually go once. We're just waiting to see what they announce about SWW to help us decide!

Lewis and I decided pretty last minute to attend the Halloween party last Friday (we bought our tickets that morning). So happy we did! I have been to the party before but this was Lewis' first time. He very much enjoyed wearing his Jedi costume and took every opportunity to use the lightsaber he built during SWW last year. That should hold him over until they have new SW things to do in the parks.

We also got to pick up the new Hocus Pocus magic bands - so excited. I didn't like the design on the t-shirts but love it smaller on the band.

I may have just talked DH into a quick 1-2 day trip on our way north for our move this summer. It will probably be Memorial Day weekend, which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing! My logic, which seemed to work, was that our AP's expire June 1st so we might as well use them one more time! ;) Of course then he told me we shouldn't go to Disney again till the little boys are in middle school. He's so funny! :rotfl2:

I was surprised to see that the SWW Disney page states Summer 2016. Did it always class May as Summer or is this different to previous years? Hoping we might get an announcement sooner than December

I was surprised to see that the SWW Disney page states Summer 2016. Did it always class May as Summer or is this different to previous years? Hoping we might get an announcement sooner than December
yes, each year it says Summer, but it's Disney's idea of Summer and not actual, calendar Summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter