**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I sure hope that this unofficial blog linked above isn't correct. The rest of the blog says "The event will replace Star Wars Weekends in 2016. There is still no word if Star Wars Weekends will ever return."

An earlier post noted that there was a heads up when other events were being discontinued; giving people a chance to make the last visit...I can't imagine Disney would break from that procedure. I would have expected an announcement before this year if SWW was going by the wayside. My guess (only a guess) is that they will keep it going until SW Land is ready to open, and then it will morph into something new.

They could however come up with some line about how they haven't got rid of it they've changed it into the Jan thing. I dunno though. I'm hoping this is wrong and we have both!
wdwnt was the only blog that has said that SWW is cancelled for next year, they have also, in the past, done stories to get people to click on their site even though they have been completely wrong.
I'm not saying they are right or wrong on this story, all I'm saying is that we cannot know for sure until Disney announces it.

Didn't think we'd make it back this year, but "won" a week in Orlando at my daughter's school auction fundraiser. Thought we were going to have to use it in October, but was just able to book it for the week after school gets out (May 27), so here's hoping we are able to spend some time at SWW while we are there!!

Didn't think we'd make it back this year, but "won" a week in Orlando at my daughter's school auction fundraiser. Thought we were going to have to use it in October, but was just able to book it for the week after school gets out (May 27), so here's hoping we are able to spend some time at SWW while we are there!!
that's awesome!!

Oh. Would Saturday be better than Friday then? We would probably have the option of going on any day of that first weekend.
We were there first weekend this year, 2015. Do not let it intimidate you. We did half days each day - Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, Sunday afternoon. While it may be busier in 2016 with the new movie, and tighter with construction walls, I wouldn't worry too much. We didn't have any trouble getting around, and my son got every character autograph except one that he chose to pass on. We didn't do any shows, but we had time if we wanted.

Absolutely not! I just bought myself an Xmas Lego set and a Lego Darth Maul keychain. They also have some new SW Itty Bitties at Hallmark that I think I am going to have to buy;)
A friend works at Hallmark. They are introducing "Biggies" soon. She said there would be SW ones but wasn't sure which at release.

Another thing that is surely throwing a wrench in Disney's plans are all of the construction walls. I know we've talked about it before, but by May, it should be pretty tight. If they follow suit with DL and try to move faster, it could be bonkers trying to lay out SWW. I am sure they have regulations for walkway size, capacity, etc that will all be affected. I can't imagine they won't have it again, but it might be harder to plan than normal...which I am sure it is a ton of work in a normal year!

On another note, I have been somewhat obsessed with the Rebels Recon Missions app lol. Also been working on YDs's BB8 costume. And...DH didn't say no to DL in Dec, so I am keeping an eye out. I am still not committed, but if an airline deal comes across my email...hmm...

I'm all over the map with this. We're planning to go to the first weekend of SWW, but we're waiting for confirmation before booking anything. Mostly my son and I want D Tech scans, to visit the Darth Mall, be surrounded by characters, attend the Fireworks show, and ride Star Tours as many times as possible. HOWEVER, SoTF would be more convenient, because I'd prefer to go during his March Break. I'm wondering how much of the experience is available during SoTF?

I'm all over the map with this. We're planning to go to the first weekend of SWW, but we're waiting for confirmation before booking anything. Mostly my son and I want D Tech scans, to visit the Darth Mall, be surrounded by characters, attend the Fireworks show, and ride Star Tours as many times as possible. HOWEVER, SoTF would be more convenient, because I'd prefer to go during his March Break. I'm wondering how much of the experience is available during SoTF?
first of all :welcome:
It's very hard to plan since we have very little details on what SotF will have and if SWW will be back.
As of now all we know for SotF is that there will be weekend fireworks, Launch Bay will be open (Vader and Chewie meets, props from the movies) special SW merchandise will be available, new Force Awakens sequence at Star Tours and SW clips playing inside ABC Sound Studio.
But I would recommend that you keep an eye out for this thread and also Disney Parks Blog.
I'm hoping/expecting an announcement on SotF soon

@soniam will be in charge of the roll call thread, we are waiting for confirmation from Disney that SWW will happen next year. No point opening a thread if it's not confirmed yet.

If SOTF meals or packages are announced, then I can start a roll call thread for that, or maybe make it one thread for both SOTF and SWW. Just different lists.

true but starting a thread like that is fun and exciting and makes it FEEL like SWW *is* going to happen!

A thread like that is work though for the person having to keep track of everyone and displaying it in the thread. No point in doing work if it's not necessary. Once SOTF stuff is announced, we can start something.

If SOTF meals or packages are announced, then I can start a roll call thread for that, or maybe make it one thread for both SOTF and SWW. Just different lists.

A thread like that is work though for the person having to keep track of everyone and displaying it in the thread. No point in doing work if it's not necessary. Once SOTF stuff is announced, we can start something.
THANKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and don't forget the NEW SEASON OF STAR WARS REBELS starts tonight!!!!!!!!!

TIVO picked up the last episode, and we got fooled into thinking it was a new one. Talk about dashing hopes:( I don't know if we will get to watch tonight or have to wait until Saturday. Everything seems crazy right now. However, there was a new Droid Tales:)

TIVO picked up the last episode, and we got fooled into thinking it was a new one. Talk about dashing hopes:( I don't know if we will get to watch tonight or have to wait until Saturday. Everything seems crazy right now. However, there was a new Droid Tales:)
I am loving Droid Tales, watched the Millennium Falcon one yesterday, so funny. And, yes, Rebels on DVR schedule already

I wish Disney Store had this shirt for women, instead of just girls. I would love more women's stuff with Rey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter