***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe the posted wait time. They are underestimating.

I've been in line 20 min with a 25 posted time and I am a long long way from a boat

30min, just entered show building

Update: Ah. Entering the show building is basically the end of the line. Posted 25, actual 30

You got lucky it was only underestimated by 5 minutes. I was there on Friday and the River Journey was posted as 45 minutes. We ended up waiting 95 and there was no announcement at any time that our wait would be longer than what we were told.

Last edited:
haha thanks! And I hope they start using it because they do ask for SRs from the lines before the link chamber. I think they're just afraid of the line backing up like FP did opening weekend.
I'm not certain they'll ever user it. As shown in that photo, the single riders and FP form one line for a time. They'll have to self separate or place a CM there to separate them again. It's a very poor design. I think they've realized that and they learned there are ample times they can pull all the single riders they need from the lines as they are now. There is no reason to have them in their own line

I'm not certain they'll ever user it. As shown in that photo, the single riders and FP form one line for a time. They'll have to self separate or place a CM there to separate them again. It's a very poor design. I think they've realized that and they learned there are ample times they can pull all the single riders they need from the lines as they are now. There is no reason to have them in their own line

After my first ride, I stopped volunteering for single Rider. It guarantees you slot 16, in my opinion not the best view and does not save much time.

The land cost more than $500 million. Also there was a third ride that was planned that would've been the major ride in the land but was cut. This isn't something that's expected to happen. Its unfortunate ride are down but I can guarantee they want them up and running. You can't not take a fire alarm seriously because if you don't the one time it's an actual fire you could have major problems.
What was the ride that was cut?

New to the site & thread. I was wondering about EMH (am) and rope drop. For crazy reasons we were unable to secure FP+ for FoP (long story don't ask:mad:). My questions for those who have been on site for EHM am are: 1. We are staying on property, will FoP standby be open at 7am or will the cast hold us at Pandora entrance until 7:30am or later? We will be at the gate at 6am. 2. What is the approximate wait time(s) for the 2 headliners from 7am-8am? I know they have been on Monday mornings so far. Any info would greatly help planning as I am in make-up time mode after losing my freaking FoP FP! Grrrr....

I haven't kept up with this epic thread, so apologies, but I'm going to ask again: has FOP Single rider line been used by anyone here, and where does it run in relation to standby and FP lines?
They did call for single riders when they were needed out of the regular queue last night and today.

After my first ride, I stopped volunteering for single Rider. It guarantees you slot 16, in my opinion not the best view and does not save much time.
I had 8 twice last night. I think it was a similar view. I rode today on 11 and the view was the same.

NRJ:Can you do this ride without fastpass without horrible waits?

Last edited by a moderator:
The wait today was around 45 minutes (right now looks like it's 55 minutes and FoP is 60). We plan on trying standby late morning or in the afternoon- not at rope drop, when wait times seem they're at their highest.

New to the site & thread. I was wondering about EMH (am) and rope drop. For crazy reasons we were unable to secure FP+ for FoP (long story don't ask:mad:). My questions for those who have been on site for EHM am are: 1. We are staying on property, will FoP standby be open at 7am or will the cast hold us at Pandora entrance until 7:30am or later? We will be at the gate at 6am. 2. What is the approximate wait time(s) for the 2 headliners from 7am-8am? I know they have been on Monday mornings so far. Any info would greatly help planning as I am in make-up time mode after losing my freaking FoP FP! Grrrr....
Maybe you made typo? If EMH is at 7AM they would not hold hotel guests until 7:30AM.

:wizard:

Maybe you made typo? If EMH is at 7AM they would not hold hotel guests until 7:30AM.

:wizard:
Not a typo. I have never done EMH in the morning. Just wanted to make sure there is not some obscure reason the line for FoP would not be open by 7am or earlier. Sorry for the confusion.

And finally, here is the "spaghetti-looking" graph, each day individually for each ride, just so you can see:
  • the overall daily pattern as they overlap
  • waits being lower the last few days
  • how quickly waits build in the morning
View attachment 243760 View attachment 243761
Love the graph. Thank you. For RD, what time are they opening- letting you through the turnstiles. Read that it was 7:15 in the past? Wasn't sure if that time has changed on 8 am openings.

Evening EMH - So what I am understanding is that they cut off lines and access to Pandora around 9ish for non-resort guests, clear the area, then allow resort guests back in at 11pm? Does that effectively create another rope drop scenario starting at 11 pm?

I definitely think that this is usually true, but I know someone else has posted (@rteetz?) that they've gone as SR and had not gotten seat 16.

I'm always a SR and have sat in seat 16 most times, but this weekend I actually got 1, 4, and 8. I guess it just depends on the groups in front of you and how many seats are down in that row (and sometimes they haven't asked for any SR).

Seat 1 on level 3 was the worst view in my opinion (I don't know why, but it just seemed worse to me than 16), seat 8 or 9 is the best as you're right in the middle of the screen. Haven't really noticed a difference in levels 1, 2, or 3 like with Soarin'. The difference in seats is not that extreme though (unlike Soarin'), obviously, since I've been willing to wait in ridiculous lines only to get seat 16 or 1 :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter