***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going in Sept so you think you could get a ride in and than go to sign up or should you go right at RD....did you do this and how did you like it
Never did it too much many for me, but I was sitting by where they were singing people up so I heard a lot of we do not have any times slots now but we can fit you in here, and it will take about 10 minutes for this part and you will have to come back.

I am not sure if they have more room, or areas where they can take your picture, I know at one point they were looking for one of the CM that know how to work the camera they use. I think since you are going in September it really should not be that bad, but I do think you will be able to RD a ride then head over, they may have you come back in an hour, but I just do not see them selling this many but I would not go at the end of the day either.

Yeah no FPs today.

Do we know if they are using the FP theater. It felt almost like FP had it's own theater of the 4 but I could have been wrong. If that is the real case that 4 theaters and 3 are SB and 1 is FB the SB may not be that bad. Of course IDK how it works since there was the A B C D load rooms on each level which could have been that level for all 4 theaters not different levels in 1 theater so no clue haha. It got disorienting once you were walking through the preshow to figure out where you were in the buidling.

Do we know if they are using the FP theater. It felt almost like FP had it's own theater of the 4 but I could have been wrong. If that is the real case that 4 theaters and 3 are SB and 1 is FB the SB may not be that bad. Of course IDK how it works since there was the A B C D load rooms on each level which could have been that level for all 4 theaters not different levels in 1 theater so no clue haha. It got disorienting once you were walking through the preshow to figure out where you were in the buidling.
Not sure. I think we will find out for sure tomorrow.

I'd bet your life that based on real time feed back and reactions, FoP will be the more popular ride not only in Pandora, but at WDW.

I agree - from people that will ride a ride like that ... just wondering if the river ride has broader appeal

So a 10/10 ride that 65% of the people will ride vs a 7/10 ride that 95% of people will ride

:confused3 just trying to come up with something for why the river ride would have a longer line that FoP (but, as someone else mentioned, might be the river ride isn't running at full capacity)

I agree - from people that will ride a ride like that ... just wondering if the river ride has broader appeal

So a 10/10 ride that 65% of the people will ride vs a 7/10 ride that 95% of people will ride

:confused3 just trying to come up with something for why the river ride would have a longer line that FoP (but, as someone else mentioned, might be the river ride isn't running at full capacity)

River Ride the whole family can go on this new ride. FOP only those that meat the height requirement can. Also the fact some may not be able to fit in FOP and they are going to NRJ instead. So all the families with young kiddos, elderly family members who may not like thrills, people who couldn't make it on FOP, and all that are in line for NRJ.

since I use the DAS and use the FP line if I go in the same theater then we know that FP uses one and every one else uses the other 3,

But I do not think this will be the case since more then FP people use the FP line like DAS , rider swap so in order for this line not to get crazy long they might have to fill other theaters, I know if a FP line get really long instead of letting 5 groups form SB in and then 20 groups from FP in they do things like 5 from stand by and 40 groups from FP

I've heard FoP can have restrictions for the size of riders and several people have been removed due to size. Can anyone answer what sizes is too big for the ride? We are going in October and hate to waste a FP on the ride if members of our group are too big to ride.

yeah, I wonder why that is? B/C people wouldn't have FP for either ride today,right? Maybe people have FP for FoP for later in their trip or something? Or are that many people not into the intense ride like that and the river ride really will be that popular?

The river ride is slow to load and unload due to it's limited capacity. Only two rows per boat. It seemed to get backed up very easily.
very comfortable seating

DSC01099_zpsbklrqvrf.jpg

DSC01100_zpshr4y8eyz.jpg

DSC01101_zpsxvcmuwli.jpg

DSC01102_zpsthewea49.jpg

Last edited:
since I use the DAS and use the FP line if I go in the same theater then we know that FP uses one and every one else uses the other 3,

I guess what I was getting at is that it wasn't clear to me if where we were was actually 1 theater or if it was just 1 level with all 4 theaters. When I loaded from the FP line we were sent straight (where the wheelchair/ecv and those who can't do stairs were sent) but I know you could be sent up as well. Then there was an A, B, C, and D theater. So I couldn't tell if A, B, C, and D were the different levels in 1 theater or if they were all the bottom level of the 4 different theaters.

This to me wasn't like Soarin where you could tell what theater you were in because they sent you to the actual theater then split you there. Here all I know is there was an ABCD but I know all 4 were on the same level since those in wheelchairs were sent to all of them.

I've heard FoP can have restrictions for the size of riders and several people have been removed due to size. Can anyone answer what sizes is too big for the ride? We are going in October and hate to waste a FP on the ride if members of our group are too big to ride.
yes some can not I think it is more where your wight is then anything.

It is very hard to tell before hand. Our group had no issue and one is 5'11" and in the top of the 200s and I am 5'6" and 175lbs. Both of us fit no problem and the bigger member of the party actually had a more comfortable ride then I did!

Once the ride is open - I'd love some feedback on the "harnesses" used for the FoP ride. Looking for info on where it sits on your back - and if a "tricky back" (sometimes goes into a spasm with jarring moves) is a no-go for this ride or not. Thanks!

River Ride the whole family can go on this new ride. FOP only those that meat the height requirement can. Also the fact some may not be able to fit in FOP and they are going to NRJ instead. So all the families with young kiddos, elderly family members who may not like thrills, people who couldn't make it on FOP, and all that are in line for NRJ.
Both good points, but my gut, and I guess Disney thinks so due to the capacity of the ques, still tells me that FoP will have longer waits.

I guess what I was getting at is that it wasn't clear to me if where we were was actually 1 theater or if it was just 1 level with all 4 theaters. When I loaded from the FP line we were sent straight (where the wheelchair/ecv and those who can't do stairs were sent) but I know you could be sent up as well. Then there was an A, B, C, and D theater. So I couldn't tell if A, B, C, and D were the different levels in 1 theater or if they were all the bottom level of the 4 different theaters.

This to me wasn't like Soarin where you could tell what theater you were in because they sent you to the actual theater then split you there. Here all I know is there was an ABCD but I know all 4 were on the same level since those in wheelchairs were sent to all of them.
If I can I will ask a CM tomorrow when I am there I would like to ride some where but the bottom floor but I will be with someone in a ECV so not sure if I can or not.

Once the ride is open - I'd love some feedback on the "harnesses" used for the FoP ride. Looking for info on where it sits on your back - and if a "tricky back" (sometimes goes into a spasm with jarring moves) is a no-go for this ride or not. Thanks!
page one of this thread has reviews, pictures and videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!