***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to visiting In August! I know FOP has a few sudden drops but when you do drop do you come straight back up in a hurry? I ask because ToT makes me sick in the stomach because it abruptly goes up after going down. thanks for any input! I hope to ride FOP when I get there.

Some believe only real things should be in AK.

How do these people rectify that belief with the sign they pass every single time they walk into AK?
Mythology is literally front-and-center.

febak1.jpg

Did anyone notice if there are pressed penny machines in the area?
No pressed penny machines...yet

I know there were reports of a special magic band - so I assume that would be in the goodie bag

Probably other material that looks to be from ACE welcoming them, etc.

18698324_1429550803769227_1006444369453134951_n.jpg

18622482_1429550807102560_5673623003034246948_n.jpg

Looking forward to visiting In August! I know FOP has a few sudden drops but when you do drop do you come straight back up in a hurry? I ask because ToT makes me sick in the stomach because it abruptly goes up after going down. thanks for any input! I hope to ride FOP when I get there.
There are no sudden drops, more like if you were soaring on an animal, not straight up and down like ToT

How do these people rectify that belief with the sign they pass every single time they walk into AK?

febak1.jpg
and also if you look at the top of the 3 ticket windows, one has an elephant, one has a dinosaur and the third has a dragon

febak1.jpg
I agree. That dragon was supposed to represent beastly Kingdom.

Also from MBC:

A new MagicBand has been revealed and will be for sale in Pandora: The World of Avatar on Opening Day, May 27th, 2017 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It’s an Open Edition band and features the Na’vi or Avatar skin based on the creatures on Pandora. The cost is $22.99 and the barcode SKU is 400020187666. You will find these in Windtraders on Pandora.

Thanks to David Sibila on Twitter for the picture of the band in the ACE packaging.

IMG_4492.jpg

s1.png
s2.png

i've tried to read through all the threads, but sorry if my question is a repeat. We just missed the AP/DVC previews, by 2 days. Darn! We were there May 7-11. But going back in December. i'm a little nervous about the FOP ride. i'm okay with Soarin' (i look to the side when they show scary shots, like swooping over something tall). Not good at handling rides that are jerky. So i'm wondering how much the ride vehicle moves, and if it's smooth movement or jerky. The other issue is claustrophobia. i'm afraid i might feel trapped being bolted down over my back and legs. Can anyone speak to that issue?

Also from MBC:

A new MagicBand has been revealed and will be for sale in Pandora: The World of Avatar on Opening Day, May 27th, 2017 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It’s an Open Edition band and features the Na’vi or Avatar skin based on the creatures on Pandora. The cost is $22.99 and the barcode SKU is 400020187666. You will find these in Windtraders on Pandora.

Thanks to David Sibila on Twitter for the picture of the band in the ACE packaging.

IMG_4492.jpg

s1.png
s2.png
I'll have to link to the band on the first page. I think I posted that one here too yesterday.

i've tried to read through all the threads, but sorry if my question is a repeat. We just missed the AP/DVC previews, by 2 days. Darn! We were there May 7-11. But going back in December. i'm a little nervous about the FOP ride. i'm okay with Soarin' (i look to the side when they show scary shots, like swooping over something tall). Not good at handling rides that are jerky. So i'm wondering how much the ride vehicle moves, and if it's smooth movement or jerky. The other issue is claustrophobia. i'm afraid i might feel trapped being bolted down over my back and legs. Can anyone speak to that issue?

It's very smooth. I'm not claustrophic but you should be fine. You don't feel like your trapped in your seat. It's not as tight as say being on a rollercoaster. The leg and back restraint are there, but unless you're pretty big, you really won't feel them.

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4482.png

IMG_4480.png

From Ethan at Magicbandcollectors. I believe he posted these in here a few days ago

Saw a bunch of people with these today, including a some who were riding big thunder and being followed by a fricken camera crew, like 2 dudes with great cameras, and a whole cart of equipment and refreshments and snacks.

Also met a family that checked into AKL last night, and were here for "an event" and have "50 use anywhere fastpasses" on their bands.

the glasses are wide and very flexible so for people with skinny faces it's hard to keep them on. I had no problems, but my face is round and I also wear glasses. The only complain from FoP from my 2 kids was that the glasses kept slipping off
Perhaps it's just me, but I think it's a tad ridiculous that they don't have glasses that can stay on the average person. Your gorgeous kids don't appear UNUSUAL in head size, right?! :)

They are going to be for sure, I got hurt on the ride, and was given a rider swap pass to come back and when I ride it again I had 3 CM asking me question about the ride . so I am pretty sure they will they will be making some changes to the ride.
Got hurt?? :scared:

No pressed penny machines...yet

18698324_1429550803769227_1006444369453134951_n.jpg

18622482_1429550807102560_5673623003034246948_n.jpg

There are no sudden drops, more like if you were soaring on an animal, not straight up and down like ToT
I like this band about ten gazillion times more than the movie itself! A good sign for WDW Pandora for me, I guess... :D

Enquiring minds want to know: what was in the goodie bags???
Special media event magic band, bag, and water bottle. Stuff like that.
Attendees and event staff at this media event last night didn't get MagicBands as they already had theirs, but there was a nice large model of a jet airliner, I'm leaving out the company name, and it's a keeper, a water bottle, luggage tags, carry on bottles and case, I think that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter