***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

And a special cupcake - for purchase of course

Yes never for free. We can't have guests thinking this is too special. For that you need to spend 79-99 (in addition to ticket) for 2 hours in Pandora before anyone else. Of course then cupcakes would be "included" along with breakfast at the canteen. Yeah

(Please note the incredible sarcasam because I actually am a fan of the upcharge events)

Been keeping up with this thread since the beginning, and don’t know that I have anything much different to say, but here’s my review for Pandora from the AP preview yesterday. We rode both rides 3 times and spent about 3 hours there. I loved it and found it to be a great addition to AK. The area is small, but the land is beautiful and pictures just can’t really show how it feels to be standing under those mountains. Potential spoilers ahead…

We had just come from lunch at DS, so we started out just walking around the land and taking pictures before heading to the river ride. Like others have said, it is short and relaxing. I like pretty much all the boat rides at Disney and always ride the Mexico boat ride and LWTL as long as the wait is less than 15 minutes, so would probably feel the same for this ride in the future. The colors and bioluminescence effects were gorgeous and I found the projections to have nice depth.

FOP was amazing. I would describe it as a more exhilarating Soarin’. If they sold that ocean scent in a diffuser or spray, I would definitely buy it. The queue is sooo long. It is nicely themed and there are so many little details to see. The tank avatar is really cool, although I wish you could get a bit closer to it to really see all the features. Our second time through the queue walking at a leisurely pace from entrance to first time they ask how many in your group took over 8 ½ minutes. I can’t tell you exactly which rooms/levels I was in, but feel like I was in the middle every time. On the second ride, during the linking before the ride starts, there were vibrations in the chest and back restraints that were not present in the other 2 rides. I did not find the restraints to cause a problem and did not see anyone who had trouble fitting or had to get off. I would consider myself average in height and a bit heavy. For the first ride, I sat all the way up as far as I could go and felt quite snug once the restraint came up. That first ride had a bit of a pause before starting, so I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable being in tight, but totally forgot about it once the ride started. For the second and third rides, I did not scoot up as tight and had more wiggle room after the back restraint came up so was more comfortable. So my advice would be to scoot up but don’t really press yourself against the part in front of your chest initially. I could barely feel the leg restraints against my calves, but could feel them on the back/under my lower thigh. I did find the glasses big. Not so much that they were falling off, but I could feel them slipping when I moved my head to look all around the screen. I found that if I tried to look around without moving my head so much, it was blurry. The ride movements were very smooth and the wind blowing in your face with the video really creates the illusion of speed. I did find feeling and hearing the breathing of the Banshee to be really cool. My stomach was not happy after the 2nd ride, but I think that was just because it was right after the first, an occurrence that I don’t think will be too common in the future. I didn’t feel nauseated, just some discomfort that resolved in about 15 minutes.

Between our 2nd and 3rd rides, we tried Pongu Pongu. Had the Night Blossom drink which was very tart, but refreshing. I found it complemented the sweetness of the lumpia very well.

Last edited:
Streaming live on FB now. I still can't take Cameron... I tried. :) Opening struck me as corny... I'm sure we'll like the rides, but this was not a great intro, IMHO. Perhaps better if you were there in person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!