***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. In fact, I'm considering canceling our FP for the river journey.

Would you do Flight of Passage instead? If not and still going to DAK there is no real reason to cancel your River Journey FP. You'll only get 1 top teir anyways which is one or the other so as long as you don't have like a 6pm slot there really is no harm in just using it and seeing for yourself.

Not sure if anyone has already discussed this (sorry if I’m late to the game) but what time will people probably start lining up at the park entrance on Saturday? I’m not staying on property but EMH start at 7am but a CM told me that the AK parking lot doesn’t open until 1 hour before official park open which is 8am.

Not sure if anyone has already discussed this (sorry if I’m late to the game) but what time will people probably start lining up at the park entrance on Saturday? I’m not staying on property but EMH start at 7am but a CM told me that the AK parking lot doesn’t open until 1 hour before official park open which is 8am.

Unless they are changing the parking lots never officially close they just stop taking payment at some point. It has been awhile since they put the cones out.

I'm hearing some people planning to get to the parking lot around 3 to 4 am!

line question - can someone confirm for me that the standby line is the interesting line and that there's nothing of interest to see in the FP line

we're considering doing standby once just to see the line and then the other times use a fastpass

line question - can someone confirm for me that the standby line is the interesting line and that there's nothing of interest to see in the FP line

we're considering doing standby once just to see the line and then the other times use a fastpass

Yep that's right. You can see the lab through a window on FP side but can't get close to it to see much. You also miss the Avatar in the tank in the FP side.

Unless they are changing the parking lots never officially close they just stop taking payment at some point. It has been awhile since they put the cones out.

I'm hearing some people planning to get to the parking lot around 3 to 4 am!

I have heard the same. The area is actually pretty small. I wouldn't be surprised if Pandora maximum capacity is met.

Preview spoiled me, I'm ready for value season crowds, lol.

Yep that's right. You can see the lab through a window on FP side but can't get close to it to see much. You also miss the Avatar in the tank in the FP side.

thanks
counting down to our FP day...8 days to go and i haven't come close to figuring out what to choose...
a group of 8 with two toddlers is confusing as can be..

What is the FP queue like? I presume it's also well-themed, but a lot shorter. And similarly for the single rider.

Also, I can't recall any description of *either* queue for the River Journey. Anyone care to describe? (not asking for photos - I'm one who's happy for my first view to be when I'm walking through it)

What is the FP queue like? I presume it's also well-themed, but a lot shorter. And similarly for the single rider.

Also, I can't recall any description of *either* queue for the River Journey. Anyone care to describe? (not asking for photos - I'm one who's happy for my first view to be when I'm walking through it)

FOP fp queue once inside is pretty boring. You are in a grey room with frosted glass looking into the standby line and then go pretty directly into the grouping area which again militaristic room.

Navi is all the same. Open air queue with some hand weaved art. Once you go past the line break it is cave like but you'll be in that area very shortly if I remember correctly.

The parking lots don't actually close. You can leave and come in whenever you'd like. If you go early or late enough you can get in without paying to park.

There's a thread with people on here saying when they plan on getting there. I'm sure some will be camping out from the night prior, then some coming in super early, but looks like majority are saying their arriving around 5am

i just wrote this in another thread, but we're working hard to try to leverage at all the rides that the kidlets can't go on...
though it's a bit confusing..

For this case do this

Split into 2 Groups so Group A = 3 adults 1 todller Group B = 3 adults 1 toddler

2 adults from Group A and 2 adults form Group B get Flight of Passage FP
1 adult and ticket toddler in group A and 1 adult and nonticketed toddler from Group B get FP for Navi River.

Group A goes up to FoP fp area and ask for rider swap for toddler and adult. Group B is right behind does same thing.

So 4 adults get to ride at same time and 2 adults and 2 toddlers go ride Navi river. When first 4 adults are done they give the stay behind group their tickets to ride. At that point everyone but 2 adults would be able to reride with the new riders as well.

It is kind of confusing to explain haha but the jist of it is when you ask for the rider swap don't go up and one massive group in case they say only 1 person for both toddlers. If you act as 2 groups you'll guarantee yourself 2 rider swap cards.

3-4 am???? that's just ridiculous. We are not staying on property and will be there the July 4th week. I check everyday to see what fastpasses are available 30 days out and there are NONE any day at all. I'm assuming when I get to June and I can start selecting fastpasses for July it will be the same thing NOTHING. We were planning to be there at rope drop to go straight to Pandora but if people are getting there at 3-4 to get in line, we will be out of luck for that idea too. I'm not standing in line outside the gate for 4-5 hours.

3-4 am???? that's just ridiculous. We are not staying on property and will be there the July 4th week. I check everyday to see what fastpasses are available 30 days out and there are NONE any day at all. I'm assuming when I get to June and I can start selecting fastpasses for July it will be the same thing NOTHING. We were planning to be there at rope drop to go straight to Pandora but if people are getting there are 3-4 to get in line, we will be out of luck for that idea too. I'm not standing in line outside the gate for 4-5 hours.
Don't give up on the 30 day fp. I'm a local ap holder and I have 2 fp for FoP for separate days that I got at 7am on the 30 day mark.
The early morning thing is for this weekend as many want to be there for the first official opening day.

3-4 am???? that's just ridiculous. We are not staying on property and will be there the July 4th week. I check everyday to see what fastpasses are available 30 days out and there are NONE any day at all. I'm assuming when I get to June and I can start selecting fastpasses for July it will be the same thing NOTHING. We were planning to be there at rope drop to go straight to Pandora but if people are getting there at 3-4 to get in line, we will be out of luck for that idea too. I'm not standing in line outside the gate for 4-5 hours.

Oh I thought you were talking about opening day. I imagine people will get there early for park opening in July but not 3 or 4 am. July 4th if you are there an hour early you should be okay but since EMH is going on still expect waits to already be an hour or more for the Pandora rides.

We did the AP preview on Saturday and enjoyed Pandora so much more than we thought we would! Loved FoP, Na'vi River Journey is done well but as others have noted, not as exciting as FoP and I do think you'll get more from it if you've seen the movie. There are some really neat PP shots, too.
Had the Margarita from Pongu Pongu which was delicious. Ate at Satu'li Canteen: cheeseburger pods area no lol, as is the blue mousse dessert. DH got the create our own bowl with beef, whole grain and rice, and the onion chimichurri sauce and loved it.
I do have to say one thing because it was a downer, and being a downer for us I can only imagine how the folks it happened to felt. On FoP, we were grouped with only 2 other guests, a young couple probably in their late 20's/early 30's. We actually walked a bit slow together through the queue, talking about how cool it was. In the little rooms you go in we were talking more; very nice couple. Both people were tall, probably between 5'10" and 6', and they weren't small people (nobody would call DH or I small either so that isn't meant to offend anyone) You may see where this was going but the guy was SO excited to ride FoP, however neither of them fit and were asked to exit the room after the CM spent a really good amount of time trying to get them locked in :( We felt horrible for them, just terrible. As I said I can't imagine how they felt. Obviously I knew about this issue as all of us reading this thread do, and I know the test seat should be available soon, and it is what it is now but man, it sucked seeing that and I'm sure it really sucked for them.
As we were waiting in line for our preview time to start CM's were walking up and down the line showing everyone the pictures of the seats and explaining the restraints and that some body types may not fit, FYI.

Technically Flight of Passage is not supposed to be filmed.
The poor guy who was in the room with us and then couldn't ride had a Go Pro strapped to his head, and when we entered the ride room the CM told us no pictures/videos were to be taken. I was wondering if it was just because it was during previews or if that'll be the case once the land officially opens, too.

They are discussing it and it does have it's own thread. I assume because it's not specifically discussing the land.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/those-going-to-pandora-opening-how-early.3600442/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter