• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Wow!!! We are already up to six pages. :rotfl2: I am just getting a kick out of this! We are soooo active compared to other threads I have been on. :worship:

Thanks for starting the new thread :)
You're welcome! Glad you made it over!

Hey back!! I'm from Morris County... so up North! :)
Juuuust a bit too far for me. lol I am exit 1 off of NJTP and 295. I literally can see Delaware from my front door. ;)

O looking on the boards for the answer but some of you might know while I trudge through posts......can we choose different FP+ for our party? Like my mom and DD meet Cinderella, but the rest of us go on a ride? So far it seems to be only allowing me an all or nothing thing...
Yes! Yes! I did that last night for our MGM day. (sorry, I'm old school....I can't find it in my heart to type Hollywood Studios. lol) Anyway.....hubby cannot ride RnRC (he doesn't do roller coasters or ToT) and Quinn is too small. So...they will be visiting the Little Mermaid show while we ride RnRC.

Hope this helps!!!

I am sooooooo very Happy Today :banana:

I was able to customize our MB's this morning !

39 Days Disney here we come.

Wow!!! We are already up to six pages. :rotfl2: I am just getting a kick out of this! We are soooo active compared to other threads I have been on. :worship:

I'm a very Chatty Cathy, plus I keep forgetting I can do multi-quote so we are going to burn through pages if I don't start remembering

Juuuust a bit too far for me. lol I am exit 1 off of NJTP and 295. I literally can see Delaware from my front door. ;)

Is that like Sarah Palin that can see Russia?

Yes! Yes! I did that last night for our MGM day. (sorry, I'm old school....I can't find it in my heart to type Hollywood Studios. lol) Anyway.....hubby cannot ride RnRC (he doesn't do roller coasters or ToT) and Quinn is too small. So...they will be visiting the Little Mermaid show while we ride RnRC.

I have a Quinn too! Of course I'm not as nice as you, half my family won't ride ToT or RnRC so I put half of us on one of those rides and the other half on the other and I intend to switch bands so that I can take my two youngest on both those rides without a wait. Dad, oldest, grandpa and grandma can sit and wait for us. ;-) They would probably appreciate the rest anyway, they aren't quite as high energy as us 3, well grandpa is, but he is not fond of the intense rides.

I leave for a few days and you're already on a new thread. ;-)

Catching up and prepping for the Capturing Magic podcast this afternoon. So if you have any Countdown suggestions ( for adults or kids) that you'd like to share, post them here or send me a PM. Thanks.

Our countdown last ear probably wasn't that creative, but I bought nice scrap paper and wrote on the inside of each strip (to make a chain) an experience...everything from ride on a plane, swim in hotel pool, to meet Mickey and ride on dumbo. Then each day DD tore off a new one..the last said now let's go to disney! I hung it in the dining room she loved getting a new message every day gave us fun things to think about!

Yes! Yes! I did that last night for our MGM day. (sorry, I'm old school....I can't find it in my heart to type Hollywood Studios. lol) Anyway.....hubby cannot ride RnRC (he doesn't do roller coasters or ToT) and Quinn is too small. So...they will be visiting the Little Mermaid show while we ride RnRC. Hope this helps!!!

I still call it MGM too!!!! Mental block when it comes to saying HS.

I am sooooooo very Happy Today :banana:

I was able to customize our MB's this morning !

39 Days Disney here we come.
whoo-hoo!!!!! :cool1:

I'm a very Chatty Cathy, plus I keep forgetting I can do multi-quote so we are going to burn through pages if I don't start remembering

Is that like Sarah Palin that can see Russia?

I have a Quinn too! Of course I'm not as nice as you, half my family won't ride ToT or RnRC so I put half of us on one of those rides and the other half on the other and I intend to switch bands so that I can take my two youngest on both those rides without a wait. Dad, oldest, grandpa and grandma can sit and wait for us. ;-) They would probably appreciate the rest anyway, they aren't quite as high energy as us 3, well grandpa is, but he is not fond of the intense rides.

:rotfl2: Love the Sarah Palin comment!!! I was thinking I could take their MBs, but then the thought of Quinn looking all teary-eyed as the older two and I ride RnRC got to me. Besides, this way he has something special to do with his daddy. But, trust me, I was thinking of that!

I leave for a few days and you're already on a new thread. ;-)

Catching up and prepping for the Capturing Magic podcast this afternoon. So if you have any Countdown suggestions ( for adults or kids) that you'd like to share, post them here or send me a PM. Thanks.
Yup, Terri....we almost shut the DIS down with our overloaded thread! :)

We tend to watch Disney movies to prep us and my daughter has two Disney trivia books that she asks questions from when we're in the car. Other than that, we don't do any special countdowns.

Anyone there the first week of nov able to get the mickey & Minnie Meet N Greet at animal kingdom? I really wanted to get that for my son but it says closed for refurb but don't see anything about that closure anywhere. Is it going to be closed that week or just closed to FP+? If it is closed anyone know where they will be meeting then?

I might be wrong but didn't the meets move to discovery island? The only one we have to try for is Pocahontas yu should check Kenny the pirate

Ps have to say I HATE having to plan the FP+ without input from my mom and husband. My husband kind of looked at it last night but isn't really into figuring it it. I am afraid of making the wrong choices and having bad plans or having them complain. I have to remind myself I have asked for input many times and if they don't like it they are it of luck, right?

Also anyone using FP+ for shows or meet and greets vs rides? My kids are young, my husband and mom won't go on too many thrill/popular rides. I will probably go on Everest but will have ot go alone. Don't want to waste the passes, anyone know how they will work for say finding memo show at AK and meeting Mickey at town hall?

Do yu think we need the passes for the last lion king show or Nemo? Would love to not wait in long lines for those, although they are big loaders so might not be necessary?

Darn I thought I had this all figuredut it now that I am trying to do FPP I am confused

HAHA... I just noticed the heading on top of the message boards! lol It really has been non-stop chatting since you made a part II! :cool2:

Just found the new thread!

I modified my check in and was able to customize my MB, so excited!

I can't do FP+ yet because I haven't added park tickets yet, also have to add DP to my reservation. My nephew is in the CP so we are using his CM discount and I am patiently (ok not so much) waiting for the DP to go on CM special.

This is our first trip where we booked really late and am not planning out the entire trip. I have a few dining ressies, but some I need to cancel when I figure more stuff out.

I'm wondering if it's by resort too. We are staying at Caribbean beach and aren't able to get Magic bands yet but could make fast pass + selections

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

Did you get it to work yet? I am staying in CBR also, 11/11-11/16 and once I modified my check-in I was able to customize my MB. Just click through the check-in, you don't have to change anything.

Maybe I am better off not asking my daughter then! Her fav color is yellow so will go with that, although there is a little bt of a chance the pink will look good to her when we see other kids :). Oh we'll!
I cannot decide between pink and yellow for me. My first instinct was pink but then I saw a yellow band with little minnie bow jibbitz and it was pretty darn cute.. :scratchin

Finally!! The last thread I was very active on (Sept 2011) was very busy so I kept waiting for this one to pick up the pace. Magic Bands sure helps!!

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole MB FP+ thing. I know some people don't like the idea of planning so far in advance but I am loving giving my day a basic outline. It will alleviate some of the 'OMG HAVE TO GET THERE OR ELSE WAIT IN A LINE FOR 60 MINUTES' anxiety. Not that, uh.. I would know what that was like or anything :rolleyes1
I feel like some of my choices would be considered a 'waste' but I am having a good time.

Favorite by far was the Fantasmic! I wasn't planning on doing it because I am not the kind to wait in line for an hour so this is awesome. I am seriously on a Disney high right now :dance3:

Also anyone using FP+ for shows or meet and greets vs rides? My kids are young, my husband and mom won't go on too many thrill/popular rides. I will probably go on Everest but will have ot go alone. Don't want to waste the passes, anyone know how they will work for say finding memo show at AK and meeting Mickey at town hall?
I am using them for shows, definitely! I am considering using one for a meet and greet too but might not since we are doing character meals this trip.

I don't think of it as a waste, I think of it as making a day my family would enjoy.

I leave for a few days and you're already on a new thread. ;-) Catching up and prepping for the Capturing Magic podcast this afternoon. So if you have any Countdown suggestions ( for adults or kids) that you'd like to share, post them here or send me a PM. Thanks.

I am going with my extended family, several of whom do not live close by, but who still want to be in on the countdown. I use my iPad and a drawing app to make daily digital countdown pages, which I then text to the whole family. I even text them to the kids on their iPods, which they think is fun. When I'm all done, I can save the countdown file (I am doing 100 days/pages) as a PDF so I can keep it forever, or I can even print up the pages as a keepsake.

Set everyone up with the same thing and them modify the selection afterwards. When you go to modify you can choose the people you want to modify the selection for and then you can choose to either modify the time or the experience. When you modify the experience it will give you new choices, but at the same time as the previous experience which I like. If you want to modify the time too, you have to do it in two steps

I have us separated for one thing and it was quite easy.

Thanks! I did not get to try this yet. So glad to know it works!

O looking on the boards for the answer but some of you might know while I trudge through posts......can we choose different FP+ for our party? Like my mom and DD meet Cinderella, but the rest of us go on a ride? So far it seems to be only allowing me an all or nothing thing...

I was able to. I have 3 of us going to Mission Space and 7 going to Turtle Talk

FYI, as I didn't see anyone mention this. I was able to customize MBs for my sister last night who was 63 days out. I was also able to include her family in the FP+ for her dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter