"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any wait times get posted for the character meets, or are you taking a gamble every time you join a queue?
Wait times for characters that have a daily meet will still be shown in MDE. Special characters won't have posted times; though you can always ask a CM the estimated wait when joining the line.

Am I in the minority here thinking I don't want to spend my time, with 2 kids (8 & 6), waiting in a long line to meet a character? I understand these are extremely rare character meet & greets, but I know my kids would not want to do that! Does anyone go to the party and NOT do character meet & greets?

We are going for the atmosphere, snacks and hopefully shorter ride wait times. Don't have much interest in waiting in long lines for characters. First party for us. Can't wait!

We are going to meet Sandy Claws for sure.

Will have fp for 3:30, 4:30, 5:30.

Will gauge when Sandy is going to start and line up either before or after last fp.

The rest will be rides, holding spot for and watching first parade, atmosphere, and then the dessert party and wishes.

After wishes, will see how tired kids are and maybe more rides and possibly Mary Poppins, Country Bears, and/or Peter Pan. I'd like to meet Eeyore, but not sure about the line.

I don't mind waiting for characters I like, but we're going to three parties so we'll have plenty of time. I only want pictures with Scrooge, Mary Poppins, the Dwarfs and Sandy Claws though, I believe we can knock that off the list between the first and second party.

I'm looking forward to the parade the most and will try to secure a spot near the hub this time, we had a horrible view last time and couldn't really enjoy it.

I am not able to read all pages here, and would like to catch up on what I missed. can anyone tell me if there is anything I should know. I haven't been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in about 8 years so I can't remember what to expect. Will November 12 or November 14 be crowded? which will be better? are ride wait times long, cookie lines? we go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and love it, but Irma ruined that for us this year. We were going to reschedule to anther Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, but I am worried if we go later in October it will be very busy and one of the things I like with going early is the park not being busy...we usually go in September and are able to enjoy rides and trick or treating with only like 5 minute waits...so I am hoping if we switch to the Christmas Party on November 12 or 14, we can experience it the same as we usually do Halloween. We usually trick or treat and do rides with no wait...watch the parade from wherever, watch the fireworks from Storybook Circus, do dance parties and meet characters if the line isn't long. Any opinions on those Christmas dates being busy or if you think another late October Halloween date will be like that, I would appreciate it!!

I'm starting to plan out our MVMCP. I have been playing around with touring plans for this, and have a question about the location for the Mickey's Most Merriest Christmas Celebration and of Frozen castle lighting show. We've never been to a party so unsure of how close things are even though they look to be essentially the same spot on a map. Are they right next to each other? If we see the Frozen Holiday Wish at 7:30, will we be in the right spot for the Most Merriest Christmas Celebration at 7:40? Or do I need to plan on the 6:15 Frozen Castle lighting if we want to do the 7:40 Most Merriest Christmas Celebration?

We've seen the Frozen Holiday Wish Castle lighting before as part of non-MVMCP MK day during the holiday season and don't recall getting there too early, however, how early do you have to be for the MVMCP shows (Frozen Holiday Wish, Most Merriest Christmas Celebration, and Tomorrowland Christmas) to get decent spots?

Last edited:
Is Jack Sparrow a highly sought after Character to meet? My son is OBSESSED with him, and this will make his trip!! Working on prioritizing our night! Also, are there two parades that night?

I am not able to read all pages here, and would like to catch up on what I missed. can anyone tell me if there is anything I should know. I haven't been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in about 8 years so I can't remember what to expect. Will November 12 or November 14 be crowded? which will be better? are ride wait times long, cookie lines? we go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and love it, but Irma ruined that for us this year. We were going to reschedule to anther Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, but I am worried if we go later in October it will be very busy and one of the things I like with going early is the park not being busy...we usually go in September and are able to enjoy rides and trick or treating with only like 5 minute waits...so I am hoping if we switch to the Christmas Party on November 12 or 14, we can experience it the same as we usually do Halloween. We usually trick or treat and do rides with no wait...watch the parade from wherever, watch the fireworks from Storybook Circus, do dance parties and meet characters if the line isn't long. Any opinions on those Christmas dates being busy or if you think another late October Halloween date will be like that, I would appreciate it!!

Read Post #1. No details for MVMCP has been released or leaked at this time. Post #3 also shows which parties sold out last year and the date they sold out on. In regards to crowds, same as with MNSSHP, low ride wait times, HUB crowded during fireworks and parades, but other areas to view both. Not sure if parade time will change like it did for MNSSHP either. Also, MK closing @ 6pm to day guests for MVMCP this year. Hoping 4pm entry will be allowed. Sundays and Tuesday typically low but Monday maybe holiday for some. You can get a lot accomplished even on a SOLD OUT party night with a good plan.

Read Post #1. No details for MVMCP has been released or leaked at this time. Post #3 also shows which parties sold out last year and the date they sold out on. In regards to crowds, same as with MNSSHP, low ride wait times, HUB crowded during fireworks and parades, but other areas to view both. Not sure if parade time will change like it did for MNSSHP either. Also, MK closing @ 6pm to day guests for MVMCP this year. Hoping 4pm entry will be allowed. Sundays and Tuesday typically low but Monday maybe holiday for some. You can get a lot accomplished even on a SOLD OUT party night with a good plan.
Thank you!! I will go read these and I am sure as it gets closer, I will have more questions!

What holiday is Monday?

We did a few of the character greets later in the evening- no real big lines. Other than waiting on Fireworks- no lines at any of the rides.

After the fireworks- everyone rant to space mountain-but the line took like 10 min. I also went to every cookie/snack station to try them all- this year, I may do it twice..... :)

Thank you!! I will go read these and I am sure as it gets closer, I will have more questions!

What holiday is Monday?
Veterans Day is the 11th, which falls on a Saturday this year, so may be observed on Monday some places.

Veterans Day is the 11th, which falls on a Saturday this year, so may be observed on Monday some places.
Wouldn't a Saturday holiday be observed on the Friday prior? I think that's when federal offices are closed.

Wouldn't a Saturday holiday be observed on the Friday prior? I think that's when federal offices are closed.

This is correct. If you look at any calendar they all have the "observed" holiday as Friday the 10th. But I am not sure if certain places go on a different schedule? Would seem odd.

I created a separate thread, but probably should have posted this here. We are considering December 1, 8, or 15th for the party. All are on a Friday. Any thoughts as to which would be less crowded?

I work for a federal bank in SF and if a holiday lands on a Saturday then we are open for regular business on Friday as the Federal Reserve is open on Friday. If a holiday lands on a Sunday we are closed on Monday. So for Veterans day we are not off but do get a floating day to use at another time. Hope this helps

I created a separate thread, but probably should have posted this here. We are considering December 1, 8, or 15th for the party. All are on a Friday. Any thoughts as to which would be less crowded?
FWIW, Touring Plans lists them in this order (from least to most busy):

12/8 - #9 out of 21
12/1 - #11 out of 21
12/15 - #12 out of 21

Keep in mind those predictions are mostly based on ride wait times, not character lines, etc.

I think all OP was pointing out was that the holiday may drive up crowds for Monday's party - either due to actual business or school closures, or folks making their own long weekend out of any time off.

FWIW, Touring Plans lists them in this order (from least to most busy):

12/8 - #9 out of 21
12/1 - #11 out of 21
12/15 - #12 out of 21

Keep in mind those predictions are mostly based on ride wait times, not character lines, etc.

Thanks - I went on TP and couldn't find it. I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter