Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

If I check a bag, I put in a washcloth from the hotel in a baggie. If I think there will be a bathroom, I put it in dry, and if I think there won't be a bathroom, I put it in wet with a little liquid soap on it. That way I can wash up, then stash the washcloth back in the baggie. (I like real soap and water better than wipes.)

Love this! My run coach does this too! :goodvibes:goodvibes

The problem with all the wipes is that I can't stand the smell (particularly those ones after the DL1/2)! I'm pretty sure the camping ones are scented, but maybe there will be some sort of baby ones that are fragrance free.

Some runs are saltier than others!

I like Wysi-wipes & the Oil of Olay facial clothe, cut in half. Just add water from your bottle!
Just google Wysi-wipe (here's their website: http://www.canawipe.com/about.html

It's just a cloth that's compressed to the size of a Certs (Mint).... I usually stash 1 or 2 in my "med kit" (ie mini ziploc) that I use the small pouch on the Fuelbelt for. I just pour some water on it & it easily unrolls to a cloth. No perfumes/dyes/additives.
Perhaps these would work great for you?

mickeysgal said:
I'm sure it will just crowded enough that I still won't be able to ride Toy Story Mania. Each trip recently it's been packed with 90 minute waits and no more fast passes available. :(

I am really hoping to ride it. I'm willing to wait in a decently long line, but perhaps the standby line won't be too bad since there won't be fast passes? DH and friend will do ToT and RnR immediately (I hate roller coasters!) so hopefully before all the runners are done, the lines won't be bad! I am just hoping they didn't totally oversell this after party. Seeing posts on the main forum about people who don't even appear to have connections to anyone running have me worried...

JCH I'm with you on that. Apparently someone has blogged about how this is a more affordable alternative to MNSSHP. That just burns me up. I suppose Disney doesn't mind selling tickets to anyone that wants to buy them but I don't want people at "our" party who are only there to ride rides and see characters as opposed to helping us celebrate our accomplishments. However, it would be hard for anyone not associated with the race to figure out the logistics of getting there.

I am just hoping they didn't totally oversell this after party. Seeing posts on the main forum about people who don't even appear to have connections to anyone running have me worried...

JCH I'm with you on that. Apparently someone has blogged about how this is a more affordable alternative to MNSSHP. That just burns me up. I suppose Disney doesn't mind selling tickets to anyone that wants to buy them but I don't want people at "our" party who are only there to ride rides and see characters as opposed to helping us celebrate our accomplishments. However, it would be hard for anyone not associated with the race to figure out the logistics of getting there.

I saw the same posts. I'm hoping that the lack of parking will be enough to keep those not running (or those not traveling with a runner) away that evening.

es45 said:
I saw the same posts. I'm hoping that the lack of parking will be enough to keep those not running (or those not traveling with a runner) away that evening.

I googled it and found the blog along with a discussion on another site with several people just going to go. This just irks me! I hope all the friends and family of runners get their tickets. Disney should make them only accessible through the code that goes along with the race, like they do for the discounted tickets. I hope they realize most of the characters are on the course, there is no parade or fireworks like MNSSHP, and they are going to feel pretty out of place. I've never heard of people doing this for Wine and Dine or Everest, so it must just be that want pictures with "rare" characters.

I am planning in doing the race next year. I know my DH would like to do it too. However, DD will be 14 and DS 11. What is the family reunion area like? Would they be okay hanging there or should we plan on finding someone to go with us. Is reunion area inside or outside the park? (We plan on getting tickets for the party.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DH and I ordered our t-shirts last night, just hope they arrive in time. The back has "Our 1st Disney Run...Please Don't Sweep Us". We had our last training run last weekend and came in around 12:52 so we should be safe but with all the on course distractions you never know. :rotfl2: We are super excited for our first race, probably the first of many.

I too was really hoping to ride TSM for the first time, was never willing to stand in line for over an hour when I've been in the park before. Sounds like it may not be much better after the race.

I never thought to ask this until now. Will there be photographers taking picture of the Characters along the route or are we required to have our own camera?

stasijane said:
I never thought to ask this until now. Will there be photographers taking picture of the Characters along the route or are we required to have our own camera?

You'll want to bring your own camera, Disney uses the bright room photographers but they aren't normally stationed by most of the characters. Usually they would hang out near major landmarks and at the finish. They do have handlers for the characters that can take your picture though.

How crowded is everyone expecting it to be at the bash after the race? My kids and DH have tickets too. They plan to arrive right when the park reopens to get in a few rides before meeting me at the finish. I'm beginning to worry that this will be a big mess based on reviews from the Wine and Dine after party. Any idea? :confused3

I am concerned that it will be a HUGE disaster of a crowd. Epcot is built to absorb a crowd significantly more than the Studios. I hope I am wrong, but I do not expect to ride any rides after the race. Hopefully I can get some photo ops. :worried:

I googled it and found the blog along with a discussion on another site with several people just going to go. This just irks me! I hope all the friends and family of runners get their tickets. Disney should make them only accessible through the code that goes along with the race, like they do for the discounted tickets. I hope they realize most of the characters are on the course, there is no parade or fireworks like MNSSHP, and they are going to feel pretty out of place. I've never heard of people doing this for Wine and Dine or Everest, so it must just be that want pictures with "rare" characters.

For the inaugural Wine & Dine, Disney was hocking tickets for the after party as a way to extend the regular day guest's time at the Food & Wine Festival. And I know people who treated last year's like a hard ticket party in the Magic Kingdom. Disney isn't going to turn them away because they are after the all important dollar.

I DID tell them that they will be out of place!! My son has agreed to be a dalmation. :banana: My husband on the other hand said NO WAY!! I still have time to try and convince him. I may have to resort to bribery. :laughing:

In years to come, as he is looking back at the photos with his grandkids, and they are laughing with him, he will know it was worth it. The alternative, "Granddad, why aren't you wearing a costume?"

How crowded is everyone expecting it to be at the bash after the race?
If the Expedition Everest after-party was any indication, pretty-darned crowded. :crowded:

JCH I'm with you on that. Apparently someone has blogged about how this is a more affordable alternative to MNSSHP. That just burns me up. I suppose Disney doesn't mind selling tickets to anyone that wants to buy them but I don't want people at "our" party who are only there to ride rides and see characters as opposed to helping us celebrate our accomplishments.
:sad2: Wow, I hadn't heard about that, and ITA with you - it's billed as a post-race party for runners and their families, NOT a hard-ticket event. As a 20-year FL resident/Disney goer, I shouldn't be surprised at anything Mickey does to make another buck, but this is really disappointing.

DH and I ordered our t-shirts last night, just hope they arrive in time. The back has "Our 1st Disney Run...Please Don't Sweep Us".
:rotfl::thumbsup2 Love it!

I am planning in doing the race next year. I know my DH would like to do it too. However, DD will be 14 and DS 11. What is the family reunion area like? Would they be okay hanging there or should we plan on finding someone to go with us. Is reunion area inside or outside the park? (We plan on getting tickets for the party.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Since this is the inaugural race, I don't know anything about the family reunion area other than it is inside the park. Anyone else know? If not, be sure to check back after the race for the race reports to get a good idea about it.

es45 said:
Since this is the inaugural race, I don't know anything about the family reunion area other than it is inside the park. Anyone else know? If not, be sure to check back after the race for the race reports to get a good idea about it.

With previous runDisney events, the family reunion areas are just poles with flags on them that have letters of the alphabet. They may be a bit crowded if everyone uses them. My family and I chose a spot that is bound to be less. Crowded away from ToT and RnR and away from Indiana Jones (bag pick-up).

With previous runDisney events, the family reunion areas are just poles with flags on them that have letters of the alphabet. They may be a bit crowded if everyone uses them. My family and I chose a spot that is bound to be less. Crowded away from ToT and RnR and away from Indiana Jones (bag pick-up).

From race instructions: Pre-determined reunion location at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. There are three designated locations near the Sorcerer’s Hat divided alphabetically by last name (A-G, H-O, P-Z). Please do not choose
a location along Sunset Boulevard or near The Twilight Zone Tower
of Terror™ attraction due to potential congestion.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but will there be official pacers for the TOT 10-miler? I looked at the Run Disney website, Clif website and the race guide and I don't see anything.

Does anyone know how dark the course might be? I'm debating if I should bring my running light or not. I have terrible night vision (darn old eyes) and am really afraid of not seeing something on the ground and taking a bad step. I ran Everest and the course had enough light that I could see well enough, but it was for the most part inside AK. Since this will be run on the roads as well as at WWoS I'm thinking parts of the course may be fairly dark.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know how dark the course might be? I'm debating if I should bring my running light or not. I have terrible night vision (darn old eyes) and am really afraid of not seeing something on the ground and taking a bad step. I ran Everest and the course had enough light that I could see well enough, but it was for the most part inside AK. Since this will be run on the roads as well as at WWoS I'm thinking parts of the course may be fairly dark.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

I wondered about this, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter