Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

Try the finisher's certificate again. I found a link (I can't remember where though) and it worked. The info was correct and you could choose two types to print. I really like the one, but it took a lot of black ink, which I am almost out of, so it was streaks. :sad2:

I got the email for the survey and am very happy I get to share my opinion. This was my 2nd Disney race and the longest yet.

I didn't get a survey email, but for those that did...definitely add that the potties in the corrals was a great idea and to PLEEEEEEEASE keep doing this! I think it really helped eliminate the lines.

I also loved the food truck idea, but thought that would have been a better idea POST-race. Who was eating cupcakes and lobster rolls pre-race?? :crazy2: Those would be a great addition to the races that finish in parking lots, rather than in the park...all the spectators in the area waiting for their runners I'm sure would enjoy having them there!

For those who have done Disney races before, any idea how long until the official photographs are really deleted? My royal 5k are still there from Feb and they did offer me a 20% discount months later. I want my TOT photos but am not ready to buy them yet.

For those who have done Disney races before, any idea how long until the official photographs are really deleted? My royal 5k are still there from Feb and they did offer me a 20% discount months later. I want my TOT photos but am not ready to buy them yet.

That is up to Brightroom more than Disney but it is usually a while. I know that in the past I get a couple of emails reminding me I can still buy pictures along with an email that states something like this is your last chance to buy pictures from <insert race here>. You might get some discounts closer to the holidays if you are patient.

As for the surveys, definitely fill them out. Many of the complaints voiced here after the inaugural W&D half were corrected for the second race and those surveys probably had a lot to do with it.

I just went in and looked at the results and the weather must have really hurt the times for even the winners. I ran a 1:02:17 10-miler this spring at a local race and that was only good enough for 20th overall. That time would have been top 5 for this race but it doesn't sound like I'd be able to replicate that with how hot it was. That race this spring was run in 40-something degree temps which is perfect racing weather. It just goes to show how much the heat and humidity can be a factor so those of you who didn't do as well as you thought you would or wanted to keep that in mind. Some days the weather just doesn't let you have a good race no matter how prepared you are.

I think they stay up for quite a while. I bought my Tink half pics from January with that 50% off code that was out right around ToT race time. They end up deleting the videos fairly soon, but I've always gotten an email warning me that those will be deleted, but the pics are still available. I want to say that at some point, if you wait too long, you end up having to pay an archival fee if it's been a really long time...but it's possible I'm getting that info mixed up with another company that I've purchased from before. The fee is usually minimal though, $5 maybe? If you're patient I'm sure you'll get a better offer than 20%. The "end of Summer 50% off" they offered earlier this month was the most I've ever seen...and the only time I've ever seen it go to 50%. Luckily, ToT pics were up a couple of days before the offer expired so I got pics for Tink and ToT at the discount...it was a great deal for sure...hope they do that one again!

I'm wondering the same thing. I got the above mentioned "last chance" email today. Does that really mean last chance or is that a ploy to get me to hurry up? Seems like they would give us longer than a month. Especially since some people have said they can still get their Tink photos and Princess photos.

I'm wondering the same thing. I got the above mentioned "last chance" email today. Does that really mean last chance or is that a ploy to get me to hurry up? Seems like they would give us longer than a month. Especially since some people have said they can still get their Tink photos and Princess photos.

I just looked at Brightroom and my pics for W&D on Oct 1, 2011 are still there, avaialable to buy...that's been over a year. $5 archival fee applies though. Looks like my DL pics are still there from 2011 as well. Princess 2011 is gone though...so I'd say it's safe to say you have at least a year, as long as you are OK with a $5 archival fee.

FireDancer said:
That is up to Brightroom more than Disney but it is usually a while. I know that in the past I get a couple of emails reminding me I can still buy pictures along with an email that states something like this is your last chance to buy pictures from <insert race here>. You might get some discounts closer to the holidays if you are patient.

As for the surveys, definitely fill them out. Many of the complaints voiced here after the inaugural W&D half were corrected for the second race and those surveys probably had a lot to do with it.

I just went in and looked at the results and the weather must have really hurt the times for even the winners. I ran a 1:02:17 10-miler this spring at a local race and that was only good enough for 20th overall. That time would have been top 5 for this race but it doesn't sound like I'd be able to replicate that with how hot it was. That race this spring was run in 40-something degree temps which is perfect racing weather. It just goes to show how much the heat and humidity can be a factor so those of you who didn't do as well as you thought you would or wanted to keep that in mind. Some days the weather just doesn't let you have a good race no matter how prepared you are.

Yep! I did a 16-mile run last weekend at "easy effort" and my average per mile was almost 30 sec faster than my ToT race! It was seriously brutal with the humidity!

One month ago was our race! So hard to believe it has been a month!! This evening as it is 43 degrees with a windchill of 35, getting slight effects of sandy, it is hard for me to believe how incredibly hot it was!!

So happy 1 month TOT buddies!! See ya at the Tower in 2013. :D

Has anyone received race photos ordered from Brightroom.I ordered on Oct 2nd and have not received a thing.They took almost 3 weeks to ship.

Seems like pretty terrible service

J Powel said:
Has anyone received race photos ordered from Brightroom.I ordered on Oct 2nd and have not received a thing.They took almost 3 weeks to ship.

I ordered photos from them at least twice and they did take 3-4 weeks. This was for two different events in addition to this one. But at least they captured a lot of photos of me to choose from.

J Powel said:

We actually ordered them while still in disney, as soon as they put them up. We used the end of summer50 deal and got my princess pics and our ToT pics. We ordered them thurs the 4th i believe. They came the next week! We had them by Friday Oct 12. They must be backed up with orders now. 3 weeks is a long time, I'm sorry about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter